FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremybozz

BC 17,W&L 14 with 2:58 left in 2nd quarter.
Tony Konate with a 59 yard INT for a TD a few minutes ago for BC.

Guilford 13,Randolph Macon 6 in the 2nd quarter. Come on Macon don't let the Eagles down.

Jeremybozz

Guilford 13,Randolph Macon 6 Halftime

Come on Jackets.

TheEHC52

E&H 13
Catholic 10

Didn't get to see much of the game due to a class most of the day today, but congrats to the Wasps on making a long trip to D.C. and picking up the win.

Jeremybozz

Bridgewater 28,W&L 28 with about 5 minutes left in the 4th

Guilford 20,Randolph Macon 13 with 3:58 left in the 4th

Macon just got a 24 yard TD pass.

Jeremybozz

Congrats to Guilford on the 20-13 win over the Jackets. Bridgewater is eliminated.
Randolph Macon can still win the ODAC by running the table.

Washington & Lee misses a 24 yard field goal attempt. A General could have gone in for a TD earlier but went down to run down the clock for a field goal.

OT in Lexington.

Jeremybozz

BC 35,W&L 34 Final in OT

W&L went for the win and the pass was dropped on the 2 point try.
The celebration for BC will be short lived as the Eagles realize they can  no longer get the ODAC bid to the playoffs.
It was a great win and hats off to Coach Clark and the team but how much does the loss at Ferrum hurt now? ::)

Jeremybozz

W&L could have gone ahead by a TD in regulation but the player opted to go down at the BC 5 yard line and run down the clock and play for the Field Goal.
The W&L announcers call the choice on the play "bizarre".

abnrgr

GC-Q Beats RMC- Cause and effect---Hasanova finshes off the bottle of Jack under bleachers. "Any given Staurday" I guess
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

Llamaguy

Quote from: Jeremybozz on October 31, 2009, 03:56:37 PM
BC 35,W&L 34 Final in OT

W&L went for the win and the pass was dropped on the 2 point try.
The celebration for BC will be short lived as the Eagles realize they can  no longer get the ODAC bid to the playoffs.
It was a great win and hats off to Coach Clark and the team but how much does the loss at Ferrum hurt now? ::)

Hurts enough to keep a 2-loss team home for the playoffs as you know already. There may be as many as two 2-loss teams in the OAC which would definitely be ahead of a 2-loss BC if we get to that point. On the positive side, an 8-2 season with the injuries incured and no playoffs isn't all bad. Win out this year, let the chips fall where they may and play all the big games in the ODAC at home in 2010. I like where this team is heading.  ;)
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

abnrgr

LLAMA
I have referred to some 9-1 ODAC teams sittiing and in essence BC went 8-1. The non conference loss would not have kept the Eagles out. I feel your pain; not as bad because it's your team. Generally BC has been a good playoff team. In the early 2000's BC and HSC KILT each other with one loss. Was the famous Skoal there with a brew?

allsky7

Quote from: abnrgr on October 31, 2009, 09:18:07 PM
LLAMA
I have referred to some 9-1 ODAC teams sittiing and in essence BC went 8-1. The non conference loss would not have kept the Eagles out. I feel your pain; not as bad because it's your team. Generally BC has been a good playoff team. In the early 2000's BC and HSC KILT each other with one loss. Was the famous Skoal there with a brew?

If memory serves.....E&H got left out with a 10 and 0 record before the ODAC had the AQ.

abnrgr

hasanova

Quote from: abnrgr on October 31, 2009, 06:48:49 PM
GC-Q Beats RMC- Cause and effect---Hasanova finshes off the bottle of Jack under bleachers. "Any given Staurday" I guess
Happily for the Quakers, today wasn't a fluke.  Guilford outplayed Randolph-Macon and earned a solid win ... arguably their biggest since snapping BC's 35-game ODAC win streak in '06.  The keys today were only one turnover (a fumble), exploiting RMC with short passes, solid defense and (tongue in cheek) running away from every punt instead of trying to field it.  :)   In a Vogelbachian performance, Guilford QB Billy Watkins was 35 of 52 for 378 yards and two scores while freshman kicker Brad Scott hit two FG's and Richie Paul had 18 tackles for the second straight game.  There was a nice fan base for the Jackets today - not sure if they and, perhaps, the players, were overlooking Guilford heading into their last two games with BC and HSC.  I could sense some concern from RMC fans at the half around the concession stand.  RMC can still drive the ODAC bus home, but the road got a little rockier today!

Text, lies(?) and video tape:

http://www.guilford.edu/athletics/football/releases/2009/RMC.html

Llamaguy

Quote from: allsky7 on October 31, 2009, 09:45:35 PM
Quote from: abnrgr on October 31, 2009, 09:18:07 PM
LLAMA

If memory serves.....E&H got left out with a 10 and 0 record before the ODAC had the AQ.

Agreed! At BC's current injury rate, they would not field a very healthy team in a playoff game, but I bet they would have loved to go regardless.  :o
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

Jeremybozz

I don't know if Bridgewater's win over Lycoming(PA) is an in region win or not? There are some PA teams like W&J and a Delaware team(Wesley) that are in the South Region.
If it was in region, I think the Eagles only would have had a real case for an at large bid if they had gone 9-1 with a win over an Averett team that(in this scenario) went on to win the USAC by beating NC Wesleyan on the final day to grab the AQ.
Not to detract from BC's thrilling win over W&L or Billy Watkins Vogelbach impersonation against Randolph Macon. Those were great,close college football games.
I am still deeply disheartened at being eliminated by such an inexplicable(on paper) result with the Guilford win but I guess now I get to experience a small amount of the dejection that Catholic did in the loss to BC last year.
Bridgewater can take out their frustrations on RMC on Saturday and eliminate the Jackets but I bet the ODAC Commissioner would not shed any tears if RMC wins out to claim the ODAC crown and Hampden Sydney wins its out of conference matchup then falls in The Game to go 9-1 and claims an at large bid(keeping it simple here Pool B and Pool C experts).
 I think that would be the first time with 2 ODAC teams in the playoffs since 2000 when Emory & Henry got the AQ and Bridgewater got an at large NCAA bid.