WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost of MIAC Past

Any one on this board right now?  Any one have some clues as to how the conference will shape out this year.  I'm a local product that just moved to the east coast, hence the name.  Wondering how teams are looking back in the wonderful midwest? ;)

bearswatcher

Any thoughts on the Washington/Coe season opening match up In St. Louis? How is Coe this year?

Black and Red

Definitely have to go with Wash U. on this one. Coe has been rebuilding and continues to do so. However, I still don't think they can compete at that level yet.

Hawk Sighting

Coe will be hurting this year alittle now that Holly Zimmerman is now working for the college and not playing on the court.  If you want to see a good picture of her, look at the website sports section.  She makes a great shot face.  It sounds like Coe has brought in some good freshman that with a good season under there belts they could be in the top 3 next season, use this one to rebuild, and WATCH OUT for next year. 

Ghost of MIAC Past

Coe has a great coach in Coach Brunner who is trying to overcome the losing mentality.  I think she is doing a great job, and she's not far from turning the corner.  If Cornell could be a winning team at one time, then any school can be made into a winner with hard work and good recruiting.  Melissa had definately gotten her name out in the coaching circles.  How does everyone else look?  Is BV the cream of the crop again?  What about Luther and Wartburg?  How do the new coaches look in the conference?

Black and Red

Brunner is a great coach. And she will turn the corner. I just don't think they're up there with the Wash U's yet.
BV should be good as always. Curious to see what Jane brings to the mix at Luther. I have tremendous respect for her.
If UD got some recruiting done they could knock a few people off. They've got one heck of a point guard and she's still got a lot of learning to do.
The Duhawk roster shows a lot of returners, but I think the coaching change was good for them. They'll be strong in the back court- any news on any post recruits for them?

Hawk Sighting

I agree that Coach Bruner is a great Coach, the remarks about Holly was only because she was looking over my shoulder.  I think that with coaches ability and knowledge of the game they will be competitive this year, and ready to take the top 3 next.  How does the rest of the teams look this year?

Ghost of MIAC Past

Any preseason predictions out yet.  I'm out here on the east coast, so i don't hear much about what's going on.  Best players and Best teams?  Who to watch for?  Let's get this board going, 1 and a half weeks left until game time.
;D

Collegeville Magic

East Coast- Don't worry, this will never be the MIAC board.  I keep on hoping our southern neighbors will catch up, but it's not to be...

Charlie Kohawk

Nice win Kohawks! Just the second, I believe, in school history over crosstown Mount Mercy. I liked what I saw on the court.
4 IIAC football championships
8 NCAA football playoff appearances
13 straight wins over Cornell in the oldest football rivalry west of the Mississippi

Collegeville Magic

Hello Iowa...  anybody there...  ???

Has anybody noticed that the season has started? 

viking68

Congratulations to the Cornell lady Rams!! I think this is the first of many big wins from this Brase team. Based on their record, it looks as if BVU is a bit down this year, but this is still a huge win for Cornell. I've saw many Ram games last year and a few this year, and this team has a fight and confidence that last year's didn't.

They also have some great upperclass leadership in Skaggs and Morris, plus some GREAT 1st year players - Merriman had a great game against BV and Brianna Wallace is one of the quickest players I've ever seen - she just flies (although she didn't have a great statistical game vs. BV).

Great win, ladies!

Charlie Kohawk

In it's overtime victory over Central tonight, the Kohawks scored the third highest point total (74) in school history. That's encouraging. Something to build on.
13 straight wins over Cornell in the oldest football rivalry west of the Mississippi

Charlie Kohawk

Allow me to break the silence in this room to congratulate Coe on back-to-back victories over Cornell and Wartburg.

BVHawk

My money is still on BV taking the conference and conference tourny. 8)
To succeed, one must be creative and persistent.  John H. Johnson