MBB: NESCAC

Started by cameltime, April 27, 2005, 02:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumbercat

Huh? did you say they are up by 40?
Maybe they are getting their bench some work and they are not fixated on individual stats.
Maybe I'm missing something but that's the way the Celtics always did it and it worked out pretty well.

Colby Hoops

Quote from: lumbercat on November 20, 2019, 10:18:10 PM
Huh? did you say they are up by 40?
Maybe they are getting their bench some work and they are not fixated on individual stats.
Maybe I'm missing something but that's the way the Celtics always did it and it worked out pretty well.

Conts Fan meant that Gilmour didn't play in the game at all -- presumably due to injury.

lumbercat

I get it and understand now- thanks.
The way it's worded it sounded they pulled him- no indication he was DNP status-but totally my error.

nescac1

Shout-out to Williams in story on Duncan's breakout shooting night:

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401160848

Those last two threes are Klay Thompson-level makes.  Wow. 

Conts Fan

Quote from: lumbercat on November 20, 2019, 10:56:16 PM
I get it and understand now- thanks.
The way it's worded it sounded they pulled him- no indication he was DNP status-but totally my error.
Sorry - I could have been more clear. Hopefully it's nothing serious and saw Bard as a good chance to rest a minor injury.

Edit: Hamilton write-up said he was injured

Colby Hoops

Quote from: nescac1 on November 20, 2019, 11:03:38 PM
Shout-out to Williams in story on Duncan's breakout shooting night:

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401160848

Those last two threes are Klay Thompson-level makes.  Wow.

29 points without a single attempted two-pointer. Now that's impressive!

lumbercat

Yikes- the Bates schedule is pretty disjointed early on. I think it's a reflection of an inexperienced AD who is more of a PR guy. Fein is a great guy with a lot of energy but he's got to get with it on scheduling the early season non league games.....really weird schedule with a late start, no Friday or Saturday dates. I'm sure he will get it straightened out.

However, the crowd in the opener last night at Alumni Gym was really loud and raucous- nobody likes coming to Alumni- one of the great BB venues in all of D3.

Colby Hoops

Sam Jefferson continues his ridiculous scoring -- 35 points on 7/9 from three as Colby routs Gordon 95-77. Congrats to Jefferson on setting the school record for three pointers with 224, surpassing John Daileanas. It's a little Klay Thompson-like, as Jefferson puts up these huge scoring numbers with very few dribbles. He's so smart about moving without the ball and his release is just lightning quick. With all the shooting around him, it's tough for defenses to key in on him as well.

Gordon isn't a bad team, but starting in a zone against Colby didn't seem like the wisest move. I understand the logic in not having their 7 footer chasing around someone on the perimeter, but the Mules just picked them apart with passing and shooting.  Colby was up big quickly and cruised from there. Matt Hanna broke out of a mini-shooting slump with 21 points (plus 8 assists, 5 boards and 3 steals) -- he's really the engine that drives Colby. He's been playing well all year, just finally got the shots to drop tonight.

Should be a good game tomorrow against New England College (assuming they beat UMF). NEC has beaten a ranked WPI and lost to a ranked Nichols team in OT.

lumbercat

Yikes- the Bates schedule is pretty disjointed early on. I think it's a reflection of an inexperienced AD who is more of a PR guy. Fein is a great guy with a lot of energy but he's got to get with it on scheduling the early season non league games.....really weird schedule with a late start and no Friday or Saturday dates. I'm sure he will get it straightened out.

However, the crowd at the opener last night at Alumni Gym was really loud and raucous- nobody likes coming to Alumni- one of the great BB venues in all of D3.

JEFFFAN

Did we really just play Elmira?

amh63

Yelp, JEFFFAN!
The college in NY State is no longer a women's college.  Still small, it is now coed....like Vassar.  Had to look it up on line. 
The opponent today at 3pm should be stronger?....in Amherst's Ken Wright Tournament. 
HC Toomey has the team working on team defense for sure.....another blowout with everyone...expect one player...getting in.  Guess the D3 limit is 16 players in a game.

jumpshot

amh63 and jefffan:

The amHurst longstanding tradition of numerous non-conference scrimmages continues unabated characterized by early season massive point differentials and opponents that finish with below .500 records for the season ....for example, winning the ken wright tournament for 18 consecutive years ....
Successful program with annually low strength of schedule metric, aided only by NESCAC and Little Three competition.

Fine to do whatever the coaches want to do in my opinion ....

Bucket

No Matt Folger for Midd-Skidmore, 10 minutes from tip. In the dreaded boot.

Thoroughbreds leading scorer was Folger's high school teammate.

Another opportunity for Ryan Cahill, whose been impressive past two games.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Bucket on November 23, 2019, 03:55:01 PM
No Matt Folger for Midd-Skidmore, 10 minutes from tip. In the dreaded boot.

Thoroughbreds leading scorer was Folger's high school teammate.

Another opportunity for Ryan Cahill, whose been impressive past two games.

Is Sobel back?  He missed the last game, right?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Conts Fan

Tough schedule to start for Keene, going Springfield, Middlebury, and Hamilton in three of their first four. Looks like Gilmour was back today, though not in a starring role, it seems.