FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rams1102

Interesting day for the NJAC. I figured my Red Hawks to be 1-1. What bothered me about the Del-Val game was that we looked awsome in the 3rd then went back to sleep. We should have come away with points at the end of the 2nd. Poor offensive play calling. Lost by 10 to a good team. QB and WR were top notch. Then we go to Salve and come away with a 7-6 W. The D again to the rescue. Can't see us beating Row, Cort or M-Ville. So 6-4 at best. We are just too bland. We  can not play 110-60.

I expected Rowan to win and they did. I never expected Cortland to lose at home. They should be 2-0 but are 0-2. It looks that the NJAC will have. 3 teams batteling, but one never knows. I think Montclair will be 5-1 and then they will hit the wall. Boy I hope I'm wrong.  ;)
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

Bombers798891

Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on September 13, 2014, 04:27:18 PM
Sick to my stomach!  2 weeks in a row seeing the Dragons lose due to illogical game management.

Seriously guys, I was following through live stats. Exactly what happened? Were they trying to get the FG unit on the field?

XREDDRAGON77

Heard that they thought they scored. While waiting for a signal time ticked down. By the time they got everything squared away, time was thin. The false start with 3 seconds left killed them. Dead ball foul but it doesn't stop the clock.
Taste It!

middlerelief

seeing the game on TV the RB from Cortland was definitely in - that said not sure either of those teams deserved to win, it was honestly one of the ugliest, low quality played college football games I've seen in some time.  Further, whether you're in or not, coaches always have to be thinking ahead and completely botched the opty for a win. 

Anyone in  a recruiting battle with C'Land, all they have to do is show the end of that game and say, is this unorganized mess what you want to play for??

A crushing crushing loss for a once stout program.

XREDDRAGON77

Middle,
You are 100% correct. Being in the NJAC allows some room to recover with those debacles being non conference games, but cone next year it will kill their recruiting base with Buff St and Brockport.
Taste It!

Bombers798891

Quote from: middlerelief on September 14, 2014, 09:57:28 AM
seeing the game on TV the RB from Cortland was definitely in - that said not sure either of those teams deserved to win, it was honestly one of the ugliest, low quality played college football games I've seen in some time.  Further, whether you're in or not, coaches always have to be thinking ahead and completely botched the opty for a win. 

Anyone in  a recruiting battle with C'Land, all they have to do is show the end of that game and say, is this unorganized mess what you want to play for??

A crushing crushing loss for a once stout program.

I think there's some major overreacting going on here. Look, far be it from me to jump to the Red Dragons' defense, and yes, those two losses were shocking, and to some degree inexcusable. But you guys are acting like this is going to be some crushing blow to the program. Cortland hasn't lost more than two games in the NJAC since 2004. They've won four straight games over their biggest rival. These two games are not as bad (program-wise) as you're acting.

XREDDRAGON77

Bombers,
Appreciate your optimism. As a kid that knew he wanted to be a teacher and especially a PE teacher, I looked at Cortland, Brockport, and Springfield.  I couldn't afford Springfield and Brockport's football program was trash at the time. Academically Cortland was regarded as a higher tiered SUNY as well. My mind was made! As the schools have become more competitive in the classroom and the field, they will cannibalize each other. With Cortland joining the E8, every bad loss could effect a bubble kid. Neither school is handing out some wild financial aid package that could steal kids away so recent success is a major factor.  I have HS players currently playing at E8 and LL schools where financial aid packages were offered that would sway kids away from MUC. Just 1 disgruntled fans opinion.
Taste It!

Bombers798891

Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on September 14, 2014, 05:23:36 PM
Bombers,
Appreciate your optimism. As a kid that knew he wanted to be a teacher and especially a PE teacher, I looked at Cortland, Brockport, and Springfield.  I couldn't afford Springfield and Brockport's football program was trash at the time. Academically Cortland was regarded as a higher tiered SUNY as well. My mind was made! As the schools have become more competitive in the classroom and the field, they will cannibalize each other. With Cortland joining the E8, every bad loss could effect a bubble kid. Neither school is handing out some wild financial aid package that could steal kids away so recent success is a major factor.  I have HS players currently playing at E8 and LL schools where financial aid packages were offered that would sway kids away from MUC. Just 1 disgruntled fans opinion.

Since 2006, Cortland's gone 68-24. Guys, off the bridge. Seriously, Cortland's going to be fine. But while I'm here, what's the wprd pn John Babin?

MasterJedi

Any TCNJ fans know if there is going to be a video broadcast of Saturday's game?

guyman

Quote from: MasterJedi on September 15, 2014, 09:33:37 PM
Any TCNJ fans know if there is going to be a video broadcast of Saturday's game?

Not that I know of Jedi - I also don't know how my alma mater will be able to stay within 40 points of you guys...............

D3MAFAN

Quote from: guyman on September 18, 2014, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: MasterJedi on September 15, 2014, 09:33:37 PM

Not that I know of Jedi - I also don't know how my alma mater will be able to stay within 40 points of you guys...............

If the score is within 40 points, I don't think no one will hold it against TCNJ. I think if the game is with the twenties, TCNJ will have played admirably. However, if they get monkey stomp by 50 or 60...

hasanova

Any SVU fans posting on this site yet?   I'm seriously thinking about making the 2-hour drive from Greensboro to Salem tomorrow night for the Guilford at Southern Virginia game.

wesleydad

NJAC fans, I was at the Wesley/Rowan game and the Rowan offense is not very strong.  Running game is average and passing game is below average.  The defense will keep them in most games, but unless they create turnovers the games are going to be low scoring.  They were totally outmatched today by Wesley.  The offense did not have a first down until 6 mins left in the 3rd quarter.  I know the stats may not say so but the defense did a very credible job most of the game.  I am not sure who the favorite was in the NJAC, but I find it hard to believe that Rowan is it after what I saw today.

XREDDRAGON77

NJAC is looking weak based on out of conference games. Buff States loss to Alfred makes C State look weaker, and Morrisville dropped against St Lawrence!
Taste It!

MSU Pride

MSU beat a D2 team!

The RB from Montclair is the real deal, if you all have a free saturday, go check this kid out, wow explosive!