FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

narch

Quote from: jbyrd on September 11, 2014, 01:06:32 PM
HAHA spoken like a true fan! Great story and well written article. Says a lot about Coach Goss and the staff at MU as well. That time out, learning things from the coaching side will truly help him grow.
spoken like a coach :), but i agree

i hope mr. bing will enroll in the mu master of justice administration program next fall and play out his eligibility while getting his master's degree

'nova - since the first game was just a REALLY GOOD game, not a GREAT game, i agree with you...hope he has 9 GREAT games this season...starting this weekend :)

hasanova

Quote from: narch on September 11, 2014, 01:20:14 PM
HAHA spoken like a true fan! Great story and well written article. Says a lot about Coach Goss and the staff at MU as well. That time out, learning things from the coaching side will truly help him grow.

i hope mr. bing will enroll in the mu master of justice administration program next fall and play out his eligibility while getting his master's degree

'nova - since the first game was just a REALLY GOOD game, not a GREAT game, i agree with you...hope he has 9 GREAT games this season...starting this weekend :)
Is it too late to change my statement to "one good game and EIGHT great games"?  lol

Swish3

Very disappointed in CNU's defense....I think I could have run for 50 yards against it.  We'll see if they can turn it around against a totally different offense, but I'm not optimistic....

jbyrd

Quote from: hasanova on September 11, 2014, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: narch on September 11, 2014, 01:20:14 PM

Is it too late to change my statement to "one good game and EIGHT great games"?  lol

If one of them can be a playoff game, sure!

Ben Stein Fan

Big weekend for the USAC...in no particular order:

LaGrange v. Berry
Huntingdon v. BSC
Maryville v. Emory & Henry
CNU v. HSC
Methodist v. Guilford

These five teams will go 5-0 this weekend. 

HC/BSC - Shootout with HC hanging on for the win in the final minute
LC/BC - LC should win this pretty handily
MC/EHC - Maryville by two touchdowns
CNU - HSC - this one will be very close with CNU winning but 3
MU/GC - toughtest game to call but I believe MU has the offensive firepower to stay with anyone and will win this game by 7

narch

Quote from: Swish3 on September 11, 2014, 10:56:18 PM
Very disappointed in CNU's defense....I think I could have run for 50 yards against it.  We'll see if they can turn it around against a totally different offense, but I'm not optimistic....
hsc will present a difficult and entirely different challenge than salisbury, that's for sure...i think this should be a great game - i agree with ben stein that the usasac has a chance to flex a little this weekend with some high-profile match-ups - i hope that all of his predictions are accurate, but i really hope that the last of his predictions is accurate

i would feel so much better about this weekend for mu if gcq hadn't frog-stomped gc and if mu hadn't sputtered in the second half against svu - if this monarch team is going to be a legit contender for the conference championship, i think they have to take care of business this weekend - i know that gc appears to have gotten worse, but tguilford needed a last minute score to beat gc by 3 last year and they won 52-0 this year - it appears that guilford is MUCH improved...and the mu/gcq game last year was competitive (although not as close as the score would lead you to believe)

as good as pawlowski is for gcq (and i think he's really good), i think the key for mu is stopping the gcq running game and forcing the quakers into obvious passing downs - schow can really run it

should be a lot of fun for those who get to watch it...

jknezek

I think Methodist at Guilford is a fascinating game. Guilford put their faith in young players the last two years and this year and next year is when the payoff comes. I like Methodist a lot this year, mainly because I really like Reber, but with the game at Guilford I'm holding out for the ODAC team. I think Guilford has slightly more weapons outside of QB and I think Methodist has a better weapon at QB, so I don't know where that leaves me. I wouldn't lay money on this game because a) I don't gamble and b) I can't think of any compelling reason to bet one way or the other...

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Ben Stein Fan on September 12, 2014, 11:35:48 AM
Big weekend for the USAC...in no particular order:

LaGrange v. Berry
Huntingdon v. BSC
Maryville v. Emory & Henry
CNU v. HSC
Methodist v. Guilford

These five teams will go 5-0 this weekend. 

HC/BSC - Shootout with HC hanging on for the win in the final minute
LC/BC - LC should win this pretty handily
MC/EHC - Maryville by two touchdowns
CNU - HSC - this one will be very close with CNU winning but 3
MU/GC - toughtest game to call but I believe MU has the offensive firepower to stay with anyone and will win this game by 7

I actually like your predictions and just like everyone mentioned and feels, the CNU vs. HS-C game is going to be very interesting. Last year I wasn't shocked in the outcome, I was shocked in the score and defensive dominance. I believe this year, as you aforementioned is going to be a very close game with CNU winning. However, if HS-C gets going and doesn't turn the ball over, those turnovers in the PY will be TD's and could potentially end up like the 2012 game.

Allen C

Since Ferrum is off, not a lot to post about....any thoughts on Averett @ RMC?
BEWARE THE BLACK HATS!

narch

Bishop64

At the half....NCWC  13 Lincoln  0
The only easy day was yesterday

Scots13

Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Bishop64

3 min. left in game      Bishops 27 Lincoln 0...(Hey, a  v is  a v .) We'll take it
The only easy day was yesterday

Scots13

3 minutes in the game and E&H is up 14-13. Not a good game by MC's offense.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

hasanova

Quote from: Scots13 on September 13, 2014, 04:14:58 PM
3 minutes in the game and E&H is up 14-13. Not a good game by MC's offense.
I see where E&H held off MC on the road, 14-13.  A bit of an upset in my mind.