FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Stein Fan

Unbelievable...LC and BC are heading to overtime 14-14...LC FG blocked at the end of regulation

Ben Stein Fan

2nd week in a row...2OT 21-21 LC/BC tied

Ben Stein Fan

In the 2nd OT, Berry goes for the fake Extra-Point and misses...final LC wins 28-27

Great game by Coach K and Berry College...much tougher win than I thought it would be

narch

wow...just wow...pawlowski had himself a game and the monarch defense proved to be the monarch defense...lots of work to do...lots

hats off to guilford - they came to play and stopped a 5 game mu win streak in this series

hasanova

Quote from: narch on September 13, 2014, 09:57:44 PM
wow...just wow...pawlowski had himself a game and the monarch defense proved to be the monarch defense...lots of work to do...lots

hats off to guilford - they came to play and stopped a 5 game mu win streak in this series
Thanks, narch.  I was surprised by the score, but GC was clicking.  I think MU will recover.

Ben Stein Fan

It appears that I am not a very good prognosticator...

LC barely wins against Berry
MU, MC, and CNU didn't win
HC wins but not in the shootout that I thought would happen

DGPugh

Great Win For the Huntingdon Hawks
We couldnt be there... Ms Jayne and I just had our 40th anniversary. But...priorities, i kept up with the game ;)

Got to show up and play well next weekend @ Methodist

Go Hawks
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

Hawks88

Yes, great win for the Hawks. Great job by Luke Bailey coming off the bench to play basically the whole game at QB when Taylor Hughes got hurt. Also great job by our defense to keep BSC in check until the offense could get it together in the second half.

Lots of work to do to get ready for Methodist next week. Go Hawks!

In a bit of a weird moment from tonight's game, I ran into an old classmate that I had not seen in a long time and he said he was there to see his brother play. We graduated in 1988. Think about that for minute.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Hawks88 on September 14, 2014, 12:20:42 AM
Yes, great win for the Hawks. Great job by Luke Bailey coming off the bench to play basically the whole game at QB when Taylor Hughes got hurt. Also great job by our defense to keep BSC in check until the offense could get it together in the second half.

In a bit of a weird moment from tonight's game, I ran into an old classmate that I had not seen in a long time and he said he was there to see his brother play. We graduated in 1988. Think about that for minute.
LOL

Brother, and not half-brother or step-brother?

Obstetrically speaking, that sounds like an "oops" to me!  ;)

abnrgr

Narch
Did not see 50+ bro. Is GC-Q that good?
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

Hawks88

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 14, 2014, 12:53:08 PM
Quote from: Hawks88 on September 14, 2014, 12:20:42 AM

LOL

Brother, and not half-brother or step-brother?

Obstetrically speaking, that sounds like an "oops" to me!  ;)
I know it isn't a step-brother. They have the same father but I didn't think to ask if they had the same mother. It's possible they are half. When we were talking about the age difference I said "Wow" and he pointed at his dad and said "That's what he said." LOL

narch

Quote from: abnrgr on September 14, 2014, 01:40:07 PM
Narch
Did not see 50+ bro. Is GC-Q that good?
i think the quakers are really good and i think the monarchs played really poorly yesterday...seems to happen at least once a year (see e&h last year)...but i didn't see a single down of the game, so it's hard to say how good they are beyond the impressive statistics they put up

bottom line, the monarch lost nothing more than a game yesterday - they weren't going to host a tournament game even if they went 10-0 and they are still tied for first place in the conference :)

...now as for conference play, they cannot play the way they did this weekend against huntindon, or they will lose badly again

abnrgr

Thanks Narch man
You know when I blow something I'll eat it but I just think GC-Q (and I know NOVA skulks about) may not hold up. I've seen a couple flashes over the years but GC-Q reminds me of the NO Saints of the 80's.

Win enough to get people excited then without WARNING: a head is rolling around in a basket.  ;)

jbyrd

Quote from: abnrgr on September 15, 2014, 10:23:33 AM
Thanks Narch man
You know when I blow something I'll eat it but I just think GC-Q (and I know NOVA skulks about) may not hold up. I've seen a couple flashes over the years but GC-Q reminds me of the NO Saints of the 80's.

Win enough to get people excited then without WARNING: a head is rolling around in a basket.  ;)

I watched some of the game online. GCQ QB looked really good, spread the ball around well and was very difficult to defend. MU made their share of mistakes, and GCQ took care of business. Just like always, you have a few hrs to celebrate or sulk, then its time to move on to the next week!

abnrgr

Quote from: jbyrd on September 16, 2014, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: abnrgr on September 15, 2014, 10:23:33 AM
Thanks Narch man

I watched some of the game online. GCQ QB looked really good, spread the ball around well and was very difficult to defend. MU made their share of mistakes, and GCQ took care of business. Just like always, you have a few hrs to celebrate or sulk, then its time to move on to the next week!
jbyrd-thanks. I am just trying to stay with Grizzly and Jknezek in a ODAC pool.  ;)