WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onesealteam

Mr. Turner...Today, Monday November 28, 2005 I cancelled my subscription to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.  Not all because of the non-coverage of D3 sports or Women's Basketball in general, but because you were right everything that I want to know I can get elsewhere...like on the internet.  I am sure that my $100 won't be missed too terribly by RTD...but hey, it's a start! Thanks for the wisdom!
:)
"ONLY THOSE WHO RISK GOING TOO FAR, CAN POSSIBLY FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO"....T.S. ELIOT

former rmcsid

FYI -- Lynchburg at Randolph-Macon game starting at about 7:15.  Bus trouble for the Hornets on the way up to Ashland.  Web broadcast around 7:05 or so.

www.sportsjuice.com

Have a great night!

emufan

EMU beats Roanoke by a score of 52-45.  Low scoring affair, but any ODAC win is big.

Jim,
Do you have any details about the game?

RMCAlum30

R-MC with a blowout win over Lynchburg... 101-46  :o
Only two Hornets scored in double digits... but R-MC had four - Silva (26), Shaffer (25), Senske (15) and Orton (14). Morgan with a solid game as well... contributing with 7 rebounds, 5 points, 6 assists, and 4 steals (and no turnovers, I might add  :))
Looks like the Jackets have found the team chemistry they need!
Next up, a weekend trip to W&L and Roanoke... look for two more wins from R-MC  ;D
"You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That's the mark of a true professional."
~ Joe Paterno

RMCAlum30

"You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That's the mark of a true professional."
~ Joe Paterno

gogenerals04

Bridgewater led W&L, 35-21, late in the first half when a power outage hit the Washington and Lee campus and half of Lexington. Generals sophomore point guard Emily Wolff had just launched a three-pointer, and right as the ball hit the basket the Warner Center went dark. (The shot was good and was counted by the officiating crew.)

Needless to say, the game was suspended and will be resumed at a later date--possibly tonight, now that power has been restored here. I will post details once I find out about the reschedule.

gogenerals04

The Bridgewater-Washington and Lee women's basketball contest will be resumed at 7:00 pm tonight in the Warner Center. The Eagles are leading 35-21 with 2:49 remaining in the first half.

WLUR will continue its coverage of the game at 6:55 pm. Here's a link to our web site:

http://wlur.wlu.edu

former rmcsid

Women's basketball action in Lexington, Virginia Saturday, December 3rd:

Randolph-Macon College 68
Washington and Lee University 58

R-MC now 3-1 overall/2-0 ODAC
W&L now 1-4 overall/0-2 ODAC

R-MC leaders:
Megan Silva:  19 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks
Michelle Orton:  14 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
Salem Shaffer:  11 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Kristen Morgan:  10 points, 5 assists, 3 steals

W&L leaders:
Kristen Krouchick:  18 points, 4 assists
Jessica Hunsinger:  17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks
Emily Wolff:  10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists

R-MC is at Roanoke Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
W&L hosts Virginia Wesleyan Sunday at 2:00 p.m.

former rmcsid

From Salem, Virginia Sunday, December 4th:

Randolph-Macon College 83
Roanoke College 48

R-MC now 4-1 overall/3-0 ODAC
RC now 2-4 overall/0-3 ODAC

For R-MC:
Megan Silva 21 points, 4 assists
Lindsay Riesbeck 15 points (career-high), 5 rebounds
Kristin Thompson 12 points (career-high at R-MC), 4 rebounds, 3 assists (career-high at R-MC)
Megan Senske 7 rebounds

For RC:
Cindy McGraw 13 points, 4 rebounds
Erin Hanson 11 points, 7 rebounds
Ashley Nesbit 7 rebounds

whitecaylxx

Why can Washington & Lee stay with top schools such as Randolph Macon and Mary Washington, but fold under a Virginia Wesleyan?  :o

hoopstermom

RMC up by 3 with 42.1 seconds before the half over Bridgerwater

hoopstermom

hoopstermom

RMC wins a nail biter 80-72 over Bridgewater. Silva make 16 of 16 free throws (ODAC record), at least 8 down the stretch to contribute to the win.

onesealteam

Thanks Hoopstermom for the RMC-Bridgewater game score! That rivalry is always a good game! Silva is well....AMAZING! Congratulations Yellow Jackets!!
"ONLY THOSE WHO RISK GOING TOO FAR, CAN POSSIBLY FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO"....T.S. ELIOT

hoopstermom

Game stats just posted. Silva made 12  :o free throws in the last 2:27!!! Kristen Morgan added 2 and Michelle Orten added one more in addition to a basket.   There were 9 ties throughout the game and Bridgewater was winning up until Silva sank that first in a string of free throws at 2:27.

They meet again on January 3 at Bridgewater, should be another good one.