MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

Quote from: kiko on February 21, 2018, 12:36:54 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 20, 2018, 10:49:28 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on February 20, 2018, 10:34:31 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 20, 2018, 10:29:51 PM
Tonight's win goes into NEXT week's regional rankings, not tomorrow's. I would think NCC would have to win at least one game this weekend. If they beat IWU again on Friday, then I would think they may leapfrog IWU based on two wins over them in a week. IWU, in turn, would have an 0-2 week. If they go 1-1, lose to IWU this weekend, it's hard to put them in the regional rankings...depending on River Falls' results.

I believe tonight's results count in the regional rankings that come out tomorrow.

There are no regional rankings next week -- just the ones released tomorrow, then the final (Selection Sunday) which are not made public.

They're through Sunday's games. These regional committees have already met and the national committee won't backtrack and add more games.

I personally am hoping Wheaton stays in this week's rankings, as it would give North Central two extra wins versus RRO versus if they don't.  (You get credit for wins over teams ranked in tomorrow's or Sunday's regional rankings if I understand correctly.)

Neither team likely has more than a tiny sliver of Pool C hopes at this point, but in the remote chance that one gets to the table, North Central could block Wheaton if these additional RROs and the two H2H wins push the Cardinals higher in the regional rankings.

Of course, my preference is for the Cardinals to win twice on the banks of the Muddy Mississippi this weekend and get into the tourney through the front door.

After much thought 🤔, and deep analysis 👨🏼‍💻, here is my take on how the Regional Rankings will shake out. 🏀

1. Wash U
2. Platteville
3. Augie
4. Oshkosh
5. IWU
6. Stevens Point
7. North Central
8. Wheaton

Results following Saturday would suggest that NCC, 2-0 vs. Wheaton, and River Falls losing, moves NCC into the 7th spot. We'll see.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤓

Greek Tragedy

Wheaton and River Falls went 1-1, with River Falls at least losing to a regionally ranked opponent... we'll find out in a few hours.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Smitty Oom on February 20, 2018, 10:39:00 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on February 20, 2018, 10:34:31 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 20, 2018, 10:29:51 PM
Tonight's win goes into NEXT week's regional rankings, not tomorrow's. I would think NCC would have to win at least one game this weekend. If they beat IWU again on Friday, then I would think they may leapfrog IWU based on two wins over them in a week. IWU, in turn, would have an 0-2 week. If they go 1-1, lose to IWU this weekend, it's hard to put them in the regional rankings...depending on River Falls' results.

I believe tonight's results count in the regional rankings that come out tomorrow.

There are no regional rankings next week -- just the ones released tomorrow, then the final (Selection Sunday) which are not made public.

Dave has said on Hoopsville that the rankings that come out on Wednesday count all the games through the previous Sunday. Todays game will not be factored in tomorrows rankings.

I appreciate that people at least tune in and listen. :)

To follow up on Pat's point... the data and all is collected through Sunday's games. The regional committees meet on Tuesdays to do their rankings. The national committee then meets Wednesday morning and does their rankings. They are released Wednesday afternoon. Can't add games to the process.

Next week's rankings are technically done twice. RACs meet Sunday morning and do their rankings (with second and third versions if needed due to potential outcomes that day). The national committee then starts to meet mid-day Sunday and ranks based on everything. The vRRO numbers are run one last time to get them up to date with the end of the season and the national committee re-ranks if necessary. For those wondering, that means Week 3 and Week 4 (done that Sunday) rankings are used for vRRO - Week 2 is out of the conversation after the Sunday morning chat. The rankings are released after the brackets are announced.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

If time allowed, I would listen to Hoopsville all the time. As it is, I pretty much don't listen to it at all, unfortunately.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 21, 2018, 01:06:40 PM
If time allowed, I would listen to Hoopsville all the time. As it is, I pretty much don't listen to it at all, unfortunately.

Hmm... excuses excuses... podcast can be on in the background. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AndOne

Quote from: Titan Q on February 17, 2018, 02:02:09 PM
Looking at the 2017-18 All-CCIW team, I think there are 13 players in the 1st Team discussion for 8 spots.  In the new all-conference configuration there are two teams of 8 players.

(Stats are from conference games only.)

(G) Nolan Ebel, 6-1 Jr (Augustana)  17.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 4.1 apg
(G) Aston Francis, 6-1 Jr (Wheaton)  30.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.9 apg
(G) Joel Heesch, 6-2 Sr (Carroll)  13.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 4.9 apg
(F) Elijah Henry, 6-7 Jr (Millikin)  17.7 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.2 apg
(F) Jeremy Ireland, 6-7 Jr (Elmhurst)  14.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.1 apg
(F) Brad Kruse, 6-4 Sr (Carthage)  15.2 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.6 apg
(G) Colin Lake, 5-7 Sr (North Park)  18.1 ppg, 3.1 ppg, 2.1 apg
(G) Chrishawn Orange, 6-2 Jr (Augustana)  15.5 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.6 apg
(F) Connor Raridon, 6-6 So (North Central)  12.1 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 7.0 apg
(G) Brady Rose, 6-3 Jr (Illinois Wesleyan)  23.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.4 apg
(G) Ricky Samuelson, 6-3 Sr (Wheaton)   14.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg
(F) Alex Sorenson, 6-8 Sr (North Central)  17.7 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.8 apg
(G) Jordan Thomas, 5-11 Jr (Carthage)  17.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.7 apg

I did not include the following 2 players above due to a number of missed conference games:

(F) Kienan Baltimore, 6-5 So (Carthage)  17.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.2 apg - will play in 12 of 16 games
(G) Erwin Henry, 6-2 Sr (North Central)  15.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.4 apg - will play in 10 of 16 games

So the question is, who are your 8?

Have had little, if any, discussion about this, but I believe the CCIW All-Conference teams will be announced today.

My choices for 1st team are bolded above.
I would put all of the other players not bolded on the 2nd team.
Other good candidates for 2nd team (in no particular order) are Eichelberger, Fisher, Rhode, Sortello, Benning, and O'Neill. I'm probably leaving someone out.

* In terms of basketball ability, I think it's important to note that there is absolutely no doubt that both Erwin Henry of NCC and Kienan Baltimore of CC are all-confidence caliber players. I doubt they will be named due to their misfortune of being injured.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Gregory Sager

Here's the All-CCIW team.

No surprise to me at all that Aston Francis won MOP or that Jake Rhode won FOY.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

The CCIW caught a massive break in the new Central Region rankings:

1   Washington U.   22-2   22-2
2   UW-Platteville   20-3   22-3
3   Augustana    19-5   19-5
4   UW-Oshkosh   19-6   19-6
5   UW-Stevens Point   17-8   17-8
6   Illinois Wesleyan   19-5   19-5
7   North Central (Ill.)   16-7   17-7
8   Wheaton (Ill.)   17-7   17-7
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 21, 2018, 01:09:46 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 21, 2018, 01:06:40 PM

Hmm... excuses excuses... podcast can be on in the background. LOL

If it's on in the "background" then I'm probably not listening to it anyway. A 7-year old doesn't know what "quiet" means. LOL
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 21, 2018, 03:09:16 PM

I would have maybe slotted NCC in at 8 at best, but I guess a win over Wheaton outweighed the Carroll debacle last week. And this doesn't factor last night in either...
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

duckfan41

Hearty congratulations to all players named All-CCIW, and to Aston Francis and Ricky Samuelson being named to the first and second teams respectively. And in a non-surprising development, Aston was named Most Outstanding player as essentially all of us except for AndOne expected. Like Westbrook being named MVP after averaging a triple double last season which hadn't been done in decades, Francis turned in an offensive season not seen since 1975 averaging more than 30 points per game in conference games. Tourney time this weekend and time to see if the Thunder can bounce back from a tough loss to Carroll on the road last night!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: duckfan41 on February 21, 2018, 03:56:31 PM
Hearty congratulations to all players named All-CCIW, and to Aston Francis and Ricky Samuelson being named to the first and second teams respectively. And in a non-surprising development, Aston was named Most Outstanding player as essentially all of us except for AndOne expected.

Actually, Bob believed that it would be a co-MOP situation, with Francis sharing the award with Brady Rose.

duckfan41

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 21, 2018, 04:04:45 PM
Quote from: duckfan41 on February 21, 2018, 03:56:31 PM
Hearty congratulations to all players named All-CCIW, and to Aston Francis and Ricky Samuelson being named to the first and second teams respectively. And in a non-surprising development, Aston was named Most Outstanding player as essentially all of us except for AndOne expected.

Actually, Bob believed that it would be a co-MOP situation, with Francis sharing the award with Brady Rose.

Well he at least was half right 😂

WUPHF

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 21, 2018, 03:09:16 PM

I watched the Mizzou game last night and the announcers waxed philosophically about how an entire season can change on just one bounce.

If the CCIW gets an extra team in to the tourney, and you believe that to be true, you may need to thank Adam Mackey who scored just 5 points in 8 minutes for Stout, but hit the game winner against River Falls.