FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dachampishere

UW Whitewater has hired Peter Jennings the offensive coordinator from Rhodes college. It will be announced this next week. As one former  All Americans said hopefully he is better than the last OC. My question to him was can he be any worse? This last year was really bad and losing those first two games was very unlike whitewater.. Even under Brez

Pat Coleman

Quote from: dachampishere on March 11, 2018, 08:07:03 PM
UW Whitewater has hired Peter Jennings the offensive coordinator from Rhodes college. It will be announced this next week. As one former  All Americans said hopefully he is better than the last OC. My question to him was can he be any worse? This last year was really bad and losing those first two games was very unlike whitewater.. Even under Brez

Is this post significantly different from the version you posted yesterday?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

emma17

Like the man said, yes, it can always be worse. UWW could lose to UWP, UWL or UWS or such. 
But that's no way to think about our chances for going to see the Stagg Bowl in Texas.

There is no doubt Peter Jennings impressed Coach Bullis. This being Coach B's third crack at an OC hire, I'm confident he had a very clear idea what he wanted to see and hear from a candidate. UWW will return to greatness when all three phases come together to contribute to the game plan. A methodical offense will make life much easier for the D and Special Teams.

WW

Jennings returns to Wisconsin. Doesn't appear they got much done at Rhodes (10-10 in his two seasons as OC, although they appear to have scored some points) but he previously had a nice run as Carroll's OC while the Pios were till in the MWC.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: WW on March 12, 2018, 02:30:35 PM
Jennings returns to Wisconsin. Doesn't appear they got much done at Rhodes (10-10 in his two seasons as OC, although they appear to have scored some points) but he previously had a nice run as Carroll's OC while the Pios were till in the MWC.

Interested to hear Bullis talk about him, specifically what stood out about Jennings to bring him to Whitewater.

Ron Boerger

The Pointers are proposing cancelling a bunch of liberal arts majors and replacing them with those "in areas with high-demand career paths".

https://www.stevenspointjournal.com/story/news/2018/03/05/uw-stevens-point-plans-cut-12-majors-add-expand-16-programs/395613002/

gbpuckfan

I know it's still March. But any reason that there wouldn't be a full WIAC schedule for Eau Claire yet?

http://d3football.com/teams/UW-Eau_Claire/2018/index

9/1   at Loras •   2:00 PM   
9/8   vs. St. Norbert •   7:00 PM   
9/22   at St. Thomas •   2:10 PM   
10/20   at UW-Platteville * •   2:00 PM   LS
10/27   at UW-River Falls * •   2:00 PM   
11/3   vs. UW-Oshkosh * •   2:00 PM
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

Pat Coleman

Quote from: gbpuckfan on March 24, 2018, 05:23:32 PM
I know it's still March. But any reason that there wouldn't be a full WIAC schedule for Eau Claire yet?

http://d3football.com/teams/UW-Eau_Claire/2018/index

9/1   at Loras •   2:00 PM   
9/8   vs. St. Norbert •   7:00 PM   
9/22   at St. Thomas •   2:10 PM   
10/20   at UW-Platteville * •   2:00 PM   LS
10/27   at UW-River Falls * •   2:00 PM   
11/3   vs. UW-Oshkosh * •   2:00 PM

Not that I can tell, but it also means that Stevens Point, La Crosse and Whitewater haven't posted their schedules, either. (I found Stout has been released and I've added it to the list.)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

gbpuckfan

St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

fredfalcon

Alex Herink, all conference basketball player, will play football next season for UWRF.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

emma17

Quote from: fredfalcon on March 27, 2018, 08:02:21 PM
Alex Herink, all conference basketball player, will play football next season for UWRF.

That's pretty cool. What year is he?
If he has another year of basketball eligibility it will be quite the transition from Football to B-Ball.

badgerwarhawk

Herink has exhausted his basketball eligibility thank god but has a year of eligibility remaining so he's going to play football. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

Thanks BW. Although it's a good story, it's not as cool as playing both sports back to back.
Not sure how often it's done? I believe a UWW player did it back in the 80's- he has a son that just finished his football career at UWW.

I think one of the other conference schools recently had a basketball player finish w a year of football at WR- maybe it was UWRF again?

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: emma17 on March 29, 2018, 11:48:20 AM
Thanks BW. Although it's a good story, it's not as cool as playing both sports back to back.
Not sure how often it's done? I believe a UWW player did it back in the 80's- he has a son that just finished his football career at UWW.

I think one of the other conference schools recently had a basketball player finish w a year of football at WR- maybe it was UWRF again?

Kruser (sp?) at La Crosse did it recently.  There have been others as well.

Not sure about anyone in the 80's but Jake Wolter was an All Conference corner back on the football team and an all conference hoopster on the basketball team in the early 2000's.  He played the two back to back two seasons if I remember correctly.  He was a hell of an athlete and recently elected to our HOF. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on March 29, 2018, 01:03:48 PM
Quote from: emma17 on March 29, 2018, 11:48:20 AM

Kruser (sp?) at La Crosse did it recently.  There have been others as well.

Not sure about anyone in the 80's but Jake Wolter was an All Conference corner back on the football team and an all conference hoopster on the basketball team in the early 2000's.  He played the two back to back two seasons if I remember correctly.  He was a hell of an athlete and recently elected to our HOF.

Wow, congrats to Jake, I wish I'd seen him play.
Jack Diechl is the player from the 80's. I don't know that he played the sports back to back, it may be the same situation as Herink from UWRF.