BB: General Central Region Discussion

Started by RSSmith, July 10, 2009, 01:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Another potential guy that we missed is Carthage 1B Joey Aiello who is currently hitting .500 for the Redmen.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

RedmanFan35

You got that right. Offensively and Defensively, the best player Carthage has put on the field this year.

HITandRUN463

Quote from: RedmanFan35 on March 22, 2010, 06:29:57 PM
You got that right. Offensively and Defensively, the best player Carthage has put on the field this year.

I would have to agree with the Aiello call.  He seems to be mashing right now.
"See, how it works is, the train moves, not the station."

jigsaw54

Quote from: HITandRUN463 on April 19, 2010, 08:58:40 PM
Quote from: RedmanFan35 on March 22, 2010, 06:29:57 PM

I would have to agree with the Aiello call.  He seems to be mashing right now.

Seen the kid hit in a few games.  Stays on the ball really well.  A very tough out.
Mess with the Best Die like the Rest.

Kohawk Krazy

I think Alec Lewis of Coe and his 7-0 record should be considered...

theoneandonly

Let me throw out a SLIAC player that needs to be in there:

Stefan Neece - .500 Avg (43-86) 36 runs, 9 doubles, 1 triple, 13 HR, 51 rbi's, 33 BB, OB% .642, 1.081 Slugging%, 8-10 SB and a .992 fielding%

Baseball players get to every base.

OshDude

The Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association all-star classic was last weekend. About 70 of the state's top seniors are chosen to play.

I'm not sure how firm the info is or whether the players will even play baseball in college, but I thought I'd pass along the breakdown of D-III schools the players will attend, according to the tourney program.

Stevens Point: 7 8
Oshkosh: 3
Whitewater: 3
St. Thomas: 2
Carroll: 2
La Crosse: 2
Ripon: 1
St. Norbert: 1
Augsburg: 1
Superior: 1
Benedictine: 1
MSOE: 1
Edgewood: 1
North Park: 1
Hope: 1
Undecided: 12

Bishopleftiesdad

BigPoppa

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on August 14, 2013, 03:00:51 PM
News on the replacement of the Metrodome. I hope this is the appropriate place to put this. If not please move to a more appropriate place.

http://www.ballparkdigest.com/201308146520/college-baseball/news/new-vikings-stadium-put-on-hold-pending-wilf-investigation

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/219507711.html

The teams MOST affected by the Dome are in the Midwest Region(MIAC, UMAC and WIAC). A little IIAC as well.

Bishopleftiesdad

Thanks Big Poppa, +1. I will post this over there.

BigPoppa

An Early Look at BigPoppa's Central Region Rankings:

1.   Illinois Wesleyan- I really, really like their chances to come out of this regional this year
2.   Wartburg- Time for Wartburg to return to what it was and should be
3.   Webster- Coming off a great season, but I think they are bit over rated at this point
4.   Augustana- Always possess BIG BATS, expect them to make some noise this year
5.   WashU- On the verge of finally breaking through?
6.   North Park- Lost some big arms but always in the mix
7.   St. Norbert- Great program hamstrung by a weak MWC schedule. Does a great job scheduling              WIAC teams to put them in position for a bid
8.   Wheaton- Two words: Trey Martin
9.   Spalding- Ready to make a run at Webster in the SLIAC
10.   Carthage- Just cannot imagine they'd miss the post-season a third straight year.

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? I thought there would be SOME discussion on the boards by this point.

108 Stitches

Quote from: BigPoppa on February 11, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? I thought there would be SOME discussion on the boards by this point.

Brain's are frozen along with their bodies ?

Teams in Texas were playing in freezing rain conditions last Friday, yikes can't imagine what it is like further North.

BigPoppa

Quote from: 108 Stitches on February 11, 2014, 12:53:54 PM
Quote from: BigPoppa on February 11, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

Brain's are frozen along with their bodies ?

Teams in Texas were playing in freezing rain conditions last Friday, yikes can't imagine what it is like further North.

I cannot recall a winter this cold... we have had 17 consecutive nights below zero and 45  nights below zero for the winter... it has been brutal.

108 Stitches

I guess with indoor facilities teams get ready, not sure when teams normally start to practice outside, but if this keeps up it could be May just in time for Regionals ::)

I am guess there will not be too much baseball in Atlanta, maybe through the weekend.

Best of luck.

Bishopleftiesdad

Yea, but practicing indoors is never the same.