MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofrog

Alot of history with them two programs!(Scranton Men and Women basketball)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah ... 1970s was when the divisions split and the scholarships became an official thing - per se.

Really cool history.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NEPAFAN

very cool to see some local coverage of the royals on tv...here is the play of the game from Saturday...

https://vimeo.com/311476488

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

Well I guess not Tonight 1500 wins.Maybe one of the Scranton fans can answer this why not put Deverna at point.Let Jackson,Logan float around?

NEPAFAN

wish we could have had some of these losses out of conference.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on January 16, 2019, 08:36:02 PM
Well I guess not Tonight 1500 wins.Maybe one of the Scranton fans can answer this why not put Deverna at point.Let Jackson,Logan float around?

They just don't have a superior ballhandler. They missed Bosland tonight. I'd let Kyle, Jackson, and Logan use their energy on slashes to the basket, getting a pass from Ben. They also have to go thru Mancuso more like they did before his injury. Don't know if it's still the injury or playing conference foes whose coaches try to limit Mancuso.

Rofrog

Hopefully they cancel the game against Juniata the weekend ,We will be getting walloped.Bad enough driving in good weather never mind snow through the mountains.This one will be staying home.

NEPAFAN

moved up to 2pm. Women at 11...per release.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

NEPAFAN

Quote from: ronk on January 17, 2019, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: NEPAFAN on January 17, 2019, 12:23:44 PM

Women @ noon

Probably going to be cancelled at this point?
Vince Lombardi

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: NEPAFAN on January 18, 2019, 03:41:37 PM

Women @ noon

The timing I'm hearing for the general area is it ramps up in the late afternoon and evening? That's from what I know down here and what others in New York are telling me. Maybe they can still get the games in?

And to be clear ... they wouldn't cancel, they would postpone. It sounds like semantics, but it's a significant difference. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 18, 2019, 03:43:17 PM
Quote from: NEPAFAN on January 18, 2019, 03:41:37 PM

Women @ noon

The timing I'm hearing for the general area is it ramps up in the late afternoon and evening? That's from what I know down here and what others in New York are telling me. Maybe they can still get the games in?

And to be clear ... they wouldn't cancel, they would postpone. It sounds like semantics, but it's a significant difference. :)

Gimme a break will ya? Obviously they wouldn't cancel a conference game.
Vince Lombardi

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is a topic of conversation in the world I live in ... trust me, people throw around canceled a lot and it only breeds confusion. It happened earlier this month with Merchant Marine postponing game. But the best might have been last summer when working some minor league baseball games and the team announced the "game was canceled; it will be played tomorrow at 12pm."

Anyway... I just wanted to make sure because in other chat rooms when someone has said a game was canceled, it has started a question about whether it was really canceled or postponed and are they sure the conference would approve that, etc.

So I was just making sure ... not doing anything more than that.

ronk

Just read of a ban imposed by the PA Governor on commercial vehicles on interstates, turnpike, & rt 22 from noon tomorrow to noon Sunday - may force the Royals to stay overnight.

saratoga

Two nights in Juniata???

That's the equivalent of a Junior year abroad.  ;)