CCIW

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 04, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gotberg

Quote from: Gregory Sager on July 25, 2014, 10:37:49 PM
I'm not sure why no one has posted this yet, but this upcoming season will be Mike Giuliano's swan song at Wheaton.

Sounds like they have a great dream to pursue - also nice to have a planned transition that gives Wheaton plenty of time to find a replacement.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

KnightFalcon

I'm not sure why no one has posted this yet, but this upcoming season will be Mike Giuliano's swan song at Wheaton.

Actually there was a discussion about it back on May 13 in the "2013 Coaching Changes" (yes, misleading title) discussion. Some posters offered their thoughts on replacement candidates too.

D3soccerwatcher

Wheaton certainly has the talent to make a deep run this year.  But I wonder how Coach Giuliano's announced departure this will impact Wheaton's 2015 recruiting class.  Who will be doing the recruiting for that class which is taking place right now?  How can recruits commit if they don't know who the coach will be?

lastguyoffthebench

The Rutgers University-Newark men's home soccer match against Stevens Institute will be one of only three NCAA Division III contests televised as part of National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Small College Game of the Week series

The other NCAA D-III matches on the weekly series involve perennial NCAA contenders from the Midwest.  Wheaton takes on Calvin on September 5 while Ohio Northern travels to Ohio Wesleyan for the "Battle of the Ohio's" on September 17.

http://www.nscaatv.com/schedule

D3soccerwatcher

These should all be great games.  Awesome to see D3 soccer continuing to get "air-time".

Gregory Sager

Quote from: KnightFalcon on July 29, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

Actually there was a discussion about it back on May 13 in the "2013 Coaching Changes" (yes, misleading title) discussion. Some posters offered their thoughts on replacement candidates too.

Thanks for the heads-up. But news of the decision should've been posted here in the CCIW room.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

markerickson

A CCIW institution got the NCAA to investigate - fairly recently - the legitimacy of NPU's Swedish soccer players.  The NCAA deemed North Park in full compliance.  I do not know the filer.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Gregory Sager

MidwestAficionado

That's some Bruce Pearl BS if you ask me. Coaches should worry about their own program and leave it at that.

Gregory Sager

I agree, but, then again, I'm not exactly an unbiased observer in this instance.

MidwestAficionado

Anyone attend the Wheaton exhibition yesterday evening? Match report?

Gotberg

NPU roster up:  http://athletics.northpark.edu/roster.aspx?path=msoc&tab=soccer

Jonas Pettersson appears not to have returned for his senior season. ???
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

KnightFalcon

Quote from: MidwestAficionado on August 24, 2014, 12:34:50 PM
Anyone attend the Wheaton exhibition yesterday evening? Match report?
yes I was there. Wheaton looked pretty good - moved the ball, good possession ... Looked more composed than they did at times last year. They won 3-2 but held most of the possession. Benedictine wasn't very strong but it was still a good first showing for Wheaton which took leads of 1-0 and 3-1. Benedictine tied it just before the half against the run of play and then added a PK with just a minute or so left in the game.

Hollingsworth played in the middle with Borge and was very active ... Will be interesting to see how effective he will be if he does not play up top. I believe Wheaton wants to move Noah Anthony up there from the back line. Nice goal by the freshman Lenderink too.

Gotberg

NPU defeated Benedictine 3-0.  It looks like NPU has a chance to a very strong year - good collection of newcomers.