FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldnuthin

Quote from: 79jaybird on March 05, 2013, 04:10:40 PM
Trust me, these Jays relish the role of little brother - overlooked and undervalued is exactly where these Jays gain their motivation.  2012 was all about playing with a chip on their shoulder and with a lunch bucket attitude - that mentality has carried over, and strengthened from 2012 to 2013.

NCC is always legit, Wheaton i am sure will be great (they were good in 2012...not good enough at Langhorst  ), and IWU should be right there as well...but don't write off the Jays.  This is a program being built at Langhorst, not simply a collection of individuals.  Should be another fun season in the CCIW.

*Slow down there tiger.  I drank the kool-aid that you must have purchased for 10 yrs, and now it is resurfacing. :)
We were lucky to beat Augie, Wheaton, and were devoured by NC.  Elmhurst thus far, has had 1 good year with many changes occurring post-season.  For anybody other than EC,  yes, I think it is legit to put Elmhurst int he middle, in a pre-season poll.  Why wouldn't they?  On paper, and guys who have at least some gameday experience, (and meaningful games not mop up duties) NC, IWU, and WC have more returning than EC. 

I think we will get a very good idea of what kind of team EC will have after 2 weeks of the CCIW slate.

Also lucky to beat Millikin, if the  Millikin RB does not fumble going for the TD in over time  :(

Langhorst_Ghost

CBS Chicago ran a local piece featuring EC's own, the Gagliardi Winner, Scottie Williams

(the video takes a couple of seconds to load)

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03/08/your-chicago-elmhurst-college-standout-scottie-williams/

It's a Great Day to be a Jay!

Naperick

Quote from: Langhorst_Ghost on March 12, 2013, 01:15:06 PM
CBS Chicago ran a local piece featuring EC's own, the Gagliardi Winner, Scottie Williams

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/03/08/your-chicago-elmhurst-college-standout-scottie-williams/

Thanks for posting that link!  Loved watching the highlight at the 1:22 mark of the video.  It put Elmhurst into the D3 playoffs!

Scottie is a fine young man!  I wish him well in the future.

79jaybird

Indeed a very well designed video and great tribute. Goes to show you just how skilled and humble a person Scottie is.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

matblake

Good video.  I've only ever seen him play.  He's got charisma off the field too.  High praise of being "the entire package."

Langhorst_Ghost

Coach Adam has rounded out his full-time staff.  Loyalty, consistency, and building on the momentum of 2012 seem to be the themes of this Bluejay off-season.

Kyle Derickson moves up to OC from WRs coach and former Jay Mike Heffernan returns to EC to coach the O-Line after a playoff run at St. Scholastica.  Big EC Congrats to both.

http://www.elmhurstbluejays.com/news/2013/3/13/FB_0313135309.aspx?path=football

Let's keep that EC train rolling in 2013!

It's a Great Day to be a Jay!

79jaybird

Loyalty, consistency, and building on the momentum is indeed something that Elmhurst has been focusing on really since the end of the Krohn regime. Good to see Elmhurst focusing, and try to attain levels that some of the other schools. (i.e. Wheaton/Augie/IWU most notably) have had for years.  Big Heff was an anchor in the middle of the line, (if I remember right) military trained and will be a good illustrator so the youngsters can learn.  I never really had the chance to see Kyle in his coaching aspects, but as a person you won't find a nicer guy and family man.
79Jay's oldest is (3) today and man how time flies when you're having fun. 

emma17

Quote from: Langhorst_Ghost on March 12, 2013, 01:15:06 PM

Great kid/man and great video.
I'm anxious to see how his brother develops.

79jaybird

There has been a lot of talk on the networks regarding the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field possibly relocation. At Elmhurst, the "Master Plan" was to eventually move the football field closer to the RR tracks on the north side of campus and build a 3-story parking garage adjacent to the new field.  I know that plan was still a vision 2-3 years ago. Not sure where that roundtable discussion is presently.  If they were to keep the field where it is now, my two cents is if there was someway to encircle the north side (visitors side) so it feels more like an "arena" type setting.  The lights and the field turf with Elmhurst Bluejays endzones was a great start.

USee

Quote from: matblake on March 23, 2013, 06:49:08 PM
Wheaton names the new OC: http://athletics.wheaton.edu/index.aspx?tab=football&path=football.

Great choice for the Thunder.  Anyone calling plays under Mike Leonard is going to be good.  I expect Wheaton to be very good next year on offense.

izzy stradlin

Quote from: USee on March 24, 2013, 08:03:16 PM
Quote from: matblake on March 23, 2013, 06:49:08 PM
Wheaton names the new OC: http://athletics.wheaton.edu/index.aspx?tab=football&path=football.

Great choice for the Thunder.  Anyone calling plays under Mike Leonard is going to be good.  I expect Wheaton to be very good next year on offense.

Looks good to me.  Also very key to make the hire before spring ball.   

79jaybird

I expect Wheaton to be very good to above average on all sides of the ball.  I also expect IWU to have a pretty decent year coming up. 

Mugsy

Noticed that Wheaton has filled out it's 2014 non-conference schedule, sorta...  Looks like they are starting out the year against Coe.  That is a significant upgrade in strength of opponent for their 1st non-conference foe - a consistent playoff team over the last decade.

Their 2nd game is listed as "MIAA Opponent TBA", so that could either be a solid challenge or a cream puff depending on who it is.

3rd game is TBD.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

NCF

Quote from: 79jaybird on March 14, 2013, 05:02:51 PM
Loyalty, consistency, and building on the momentum is indeed something that Elmhurst has been focusing on really since the end of the Krohn regime. Good to see Elmhurst focusing, and try to attain levels that some of the other schools. (i.e. Wheaton/Augie/IWU most notably) have had for years.  Big Heff was an anchor in the middle of the line, (if I remember right) military trained and will be a good illustrator so the youngsters can learn.  I never really had the chance to see Kyle in his coaching aspects, but as a person you won't find a nicer guy and family man.
79Jay's oldest is (3) today and man how time flies when you're having fun.
Wait until you walk her down the aisle-it is amazing how quickly time flies.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion