MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

I would say one thing in Byars' defense -- between the warped floor debacle and the lack of a true sports information department over the past few years, nobody wanted to play at Lincoln because you couldn't guarantee you'd get a box score. That has an impact when you have to play most of your games on the road.

The floor and sports information office have been rectified and that can only help, plus the AD has one of his hand-picked guys running the team now. I expect the department is a more cohesive unit these days.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

diplomaniac1

Amish Allstar -

Lincoln University is located "in the middle of nowhere"! Technically, its location is in the Village Of Forrestville in the mushroom country of Southern Chester County in Southeast Pennsylvania. It is close to such small towns as Avondale, Jennersville, Nottingham, Kennett Square, West Grove, Oxford, and (my personal favorite) Toughkenamon! The easiest way to get there from Mayser Center is to take Route 30 east to Route 896 south until just after you cross over U. S. Route 1.

Hope this information helps. Regards,

Eric

njlincolnlion

Amish Allstar:

Diplomanic1 is correct on his location of Lincoln, except "technically", Lincoln University is located in Lincoln University, PA 19352.  The University founded in 1854 is off Route 1 and 896.  I agree with Diplomaniac1, that my alma mater is isolated, but you should have seen how remote it was when my parents dropped me off some 30 years ago.  Coming from Bergen County , NJ, a suburb of New York City, it was a real culture shock for me, but I survived and enjoyed my four years there.  I have only attended Lincoln's games when they are in the New York metro area over the last three years.

Pat, you are correct about the past neglect of the gymnasium, that has been resolved due to a myriad of issues, not withstanding an unsympathetic administration.  The AD Cyrus Jones, who is also the head Track & Field Coach, and Rob Knox (SID) are doing a mavelous job.  It also helps that the Coach Yuille (the Basketball Coach) and Knox are Lincoln Alumns, so there is the "added" pride factor for developing a successful program.  Finally, with Lincoln's President, Dr. Ivory Nelson suceeding Bridgewater's (VA) president as the President of the NCAA DIII Advisory Council, we finally have the support of the Administration.

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

Coach C

I do have to say that it is located in a simply beautiful area, though, yeah, there is not much there now except for the beauty.  Houses are inching claoser every year!!!

C

Amish Allstar

Thanks for the information.  i was trying to figure out the locatio but kept reading Lincoln University, PA. Very confusing but I have the area where you are talking about.  Used 896 many trips to get to Dware

Coach C

God, how can you let Philly Bible be this bad, as they drop one to previously winless Swat?

C

swish

Does anyone know if the F&M-Washington game this Thursday will be broadcast on CCBN?

commish

The Franklin & Marshall-Washington men's game will be aired on CCBN beginning approximately 7:45 on Thursday.  Check the "Gameday" link on the Centennial website for more information.

swish

Commish-any word yet on wether the F&M game will be on the air tonight?

Pat Coleman

Isn't that what the message above yours specifically addresses?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

swish

When I posted that last post the Centennial Website had the game being on CCBN with the word "tentative" beneath it. That was approximately 10:00am today. the Commish was saying the broadcast was on. Gameday on the CC website said it was tentative. I was looking for clarification.

gordonmann

The race to the playoffs continues this Saturday on the Centennial Conference Basketball Network as 10 teams fight for five tournament spots.

This Saturday Muhlenberg (7-6, 3-4), which sits one game out of the final playoff spot, hosts the Johns Hopkins Blue Jays (10-3, 6-1) at 2 PM.  Pregame coverage begins on  http://www.broadcastmonsters.com/ at 1:50 PM.

Then stay tuned for an interesting women's match-up between first place JHU and the 11-1 Mules.

saratoga

Is the F&M Swat score correct??? If so, what's going on in Robinsonville? That would have to rank right up there as one of the Dips worst conference losses in quite some time.

r.w. mcnickels

saratoga-

Your eyes aren't deceiving you.  Most people knew early on that F&M would struggle in comparison to recent years, but a tank job of this magnitude is truly surprising.

Traditionally successful programs like the Dips are entitled to go through transition years every so often.  I don't think, however, that a 31-point loss to 2-12 Swat can be chalked up to that line of reasoning.

Coach C

Are there any explanations?  Varsity was being disciplined?  Snow forced fans to don F&M uniforms?  WHAT THE HECK???

C