MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Q

I watched a lot of the 2nd half of the Webster/Millikin game last night.  Wow is Hunter Ward a talented player...and just a sophomore.  I'm pretty sure he is going to be an all-American at some point.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: Titan Q on November 22, 2014, 09:44:18 AM
I watched a lot of the 2nd half of the Webster/Millikin game last night.  Wow is Hunter Ward a talented player...and just a sophomore.  I'm pretty sure he is going to be an all-American at some point.

Good thing you didn't watch the first half.   :)

AppletonRocks

Oshkosh hammered Blackburn last night.  You were right, although they started fast.
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

y_jack_lok

As of today Iowa Wesleyan is the only undefeated SLIAC men's team having defeated Central Christian (MO),  Ozark Christian College, and Faith Baptist Bible. On Tuesday they play Knox, who Webster defeated by 19 points. After Tuesday we should have a better sense of what Iowa Wesleyan is really like.

Denny McKinney

More Questions, then Answers! I like the scheduling of IWC. They are making the move up. Confidence and Learning How to Win. Will make them better in tight Sliac games. Plus WC has Central Mo. Christian on schedule. :)

y_jack_lok

For what it's worth, which probably isn't much: Iowa Wesleyan beat Central Christian by 9; Central Christian lost to Lincoln Christian by 6; Lincoln Christian lost to Principia 31. That means Principia should beat Central Christian by 37 and therefore should beat Iowa Wesleyan by 28.  :)

Denny McKinney

Well we'll see how WC does when they play CMC.

hopefan

One thing about the SLIAC, no matter how disappointing the non conference results may be to me, the conference season always  seems to be a wide open race... I look forward to the start of things on Tuesday when Mac comes back down to St Louis to play Webster... Webster, minus big man Kevin Miller, falls back to at least close to the pack; Eureka shows clear signs of coming up to the pack; I feel pretty sure that Greenville, Westminster, and Fontbonne will be in the mix (though Fontbonne needs to figure out who will be their real players)...obvious is Spalding and Mac.... so we have a 6 or 7 team race with so many games that COULD go either way... The next three months will be fun....

The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

haterinthehouse

Re: MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #12842 on: Yesterday at 09:40:23 pm »
Oshkosh hammered Blackburn last night.  You were right, although they started fast.

Saw PG Ulinski didn't play in that game and that Oshkosh also hammered what has been a good Luther team. Maybe UW Oshkosh is just pretty good

AppletonRocks

Hater:

I know they are well coached.  Their head coach Juckem was at Coe a few years back so he probably knew the Luther tendencies. 

They opened up an early 20-7 lead and never were threatened vs. Luther.
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

WUPHF

Webster University is closed today in response to the so-called Ferguson decision.  Webster has a home game scheduled with Macmurray. 

Webster Groves is 14 miles from Ferguson and 9 miles from the demonstrations on South Grand and the Shaw neighborhood.  I am not sure that this is necessary, but I guess they had their reasons.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUH on November 25, 2014, 07:50:18 AM
Webster University is closed today in response to the so-called Ferguson decision.  Webster has a home game scheduled with Macmurray. 

Webster Groves is 14 miles from Ferguson and 9 miles from the demonstrations on South Grand and the Shaw neighborhood.  I am not sure that this is necessary, but I guess they had their reasons.

I have put out several inquiries, including to the AD, to find out if tonight's games will be played or not.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: y_jack_lok on November 25, 2014, 09:29:40 AM
Quote from: WUH on November 25, 2014, 07:50:18 AM

I have put out several inquiries, including to the AD, to find out if tonight's games will be played or not.

Just got word from someone who got a text message from the Webster U SID that tonight's games will be played as scheduled.

WUPHF

Thanks for checking. I'll make it to a game eventually and tonight might be my night.

Fontbonne is open today, but their next game is on Saturday against Washington University in California. 

Fontbonne only has one game in California on the schedule while WUSTL has two.  This was surely discussed already, but Fontbonne goes back to California a month later to play in a tournament hosted by California Lutheran.