BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Carthage vs. Greenville started late due to rain, and has now been rain-delayed again for about 90 minutes.  The game is scoreless with Greenville having 2 on and one out in the bottom of the first.  Starting to look like they may have to wait 'til tomorrow.

mr_b

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 14, 2015, 05:39:36 PM
Carthage vs. Greenville started late due to rain, and has now been rain-delayed again for about 90 minutes.  The game is scoreless with Greenville having 2 on and one out in the bottom of the first.  Starting to look like they may have to wait 'til tomorrow.
Per the D3 Baseball and Carthage websites, the game has already been suspended and will resume on Friday.  Re-start time has yet to be determined.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: mr_b on May 14, 2015, 06:10:18 PM
Per the D3 Baseball and Carthage websites, the game has already been suspended and will resume on Friday.  Re-start time has yet to be determined.

Livestats still just says 'rain delay', but it would now be entering its 4th hour, so what you report seems reasonable.  With a game THAT young, do they restart it, or pick up where it left off?

mr_b

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 14, 2015, 07:09:50 PM
Quote from: mr_b on May 14, 2015, 06:10:18 PM

Livestats still just says 'rain delay', but it would now be entering its 4th hour, so what you report seems reasonable.  With a game THAT young, do they restart it, or pick up where it left off?
It's listed here as suspended, so they'll pick it up in the bottom of the first.  The dilemma with that is what to do about the starting pitchers.  Sulik threw just a few pitches, so he will probably pick up where he left off.  In the Trinity-Linfield game Wednesday yesterday, the Trinity pitcher had a no-hitter going through four or five innings before that game was suspended. He returned to the mound today and kept the no-no going through the sixth or seventh, I believe, before finally giving up a base hit.

Mr. Ypsi

The first hit against him was the lead-off man in the 8th; quite a performance by Mr. Gray.  Despite the no-hitter, some posters wondered about bringing him back, rather than having him available for a potential championship game.

I would think that both pitchers for Thursday could still go for Friday.  I guess that is what you get when you schedule a regional for WATERloo! :o

Mr. Ypsi

I'll be heading for North Carolina in the morning, so others will have to shepherd Carthage thru to Appleton! ;D

Good night and good luck.

BigPoppa

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 14, 2015, 11:46:51 PM
I'll be heading for North Carolina in the morning, so others will have to shepherd Carthage thru to Appleton! ;D

Good night and good luck.

Gonna be a rough ride for the Redmen, but I'll be riding shotgun with them them whole way.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

BigPoppa

BigPoppa

Carthage hangs on to play again and beats Wartburg 4-1.

mwunder

Carthage has to beat Webster twice tomorrow.  Let's play 2!!

mr_b

Congratulations to Seth Davis of Augustana, the lone CCIW player selected in the 2015 MLB Draft.  He was picked by the Mets in Round 29.

BigPoppa

Anyone have any early predictions for the CCIW in 2016?

Based on my own scientific algorithm of looking at returning All-CCIW players and awarding points as follows; First-team pitchers (5) First-team hitters (4) Second-team pitchers (4) and Second-team hitters (3)... and rewarding UTL guys as pitchers I have come up with the following prediction:(Note that I place a higher value on pitching than hitting)

School (returning pts)
1. Wheaton (17 pts)
2. North Central (16)
3. Carthage (12)
4. Augustana (11)
5. Ill Wesleyan (6)
6. Elmhurst (4)
7. Millikin (3)
8. North Park (0)

I am sure the NPU and IWU faithful will not be happy with the results, but it is something to help pass the time as the cold settles in. Also, I am not certain I agree with the results 100%, but I think it at minimum gives us a baseline for what is returning in the CCIW. It does not take into account any of the new recruiting added by each program.

BigPoppa

Anyone out there have any ideas of how the CCIW will shake out? Unlike many years, Carthage has its schedule for CCIW play front-loaded with the traditional powers... most years they play them later in the year. The Redmne open CCIW play with the gauntlet of NPU(no idea what to think of them in 2016), Wheaton(who I think will be a sleeper this season), IWU and Augustana... If they can come out of that within striking distance of the leaders, I like their chances.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: BigPoppa on February 04, 2016, 04:16:40 PM
Anyone out there have any ideas of how the CCIW will shake out? Unlike many years, Carthage has its schedule for CCIW play front-loaded with the traditional powers... most years they play them later in the year. The Redmne open CCIW play with the gauntlet of NPU(no idea what to think of them in 2016), Wheaton(who I think will be a sleeper this season), IWU and Augustana... If they can come out of that within striking distance of the leaders, I like their chances.

I think that Carthage has the edge.  This year will be decided on who is the better coach and hard to back Schmidt on this.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Jim Dixon on February 09, 2016, 08:22:22 PM
Quote from: BigPoppa on February 04, 2016, 04:16:40 PM

I think that Carthage has the edge.  This year will be decided on who is the better coach and hard to back Schmidt on this.

AHEM!!  With due respect to Coach Schmidt, perhaps he can get Coach Martel to show him what a national championship trophy looks like! ;D

(BP, I thought I'd start the trash-talkin' real early this year! ;))