Stephen Strasburg

Started by Mr. Ypsi, June 08, 2010, 08:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Reread this thread tonight - brought back memories. :)

Strasburg is back (despite the controversial shutdown at the end of last season), and there are MANY now predicting the Nats to win it all this year.

Personally, I'm predicting the Tigers.  Best starting five in MLB, and best 1-5 hitters.  Though I admit I'm scared by their bullpen (or lack thereof :P).

108 Stitches

Thanks Yipsi. You could say the same thing about the starting 5 of the Dodgers when healthy, and a better bullpen....however they said the same thing about the Lakers..... ::)

Really great to see MLB baseball start and the Astros beat the Rangers.  :o

BBFan62

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 31, 2013, 11:43:59 PM
Reread this thread tonight - brought back memories. :)

Strasburg is back (despite the controversial shutdown at the end of last season), and there are MANY now predicting the Nats to win it all this year.

Personally, I'm predicting the Tigers.  Best starting five in MLB, and best 1-5 hitters.  Though I admit I'm scared by their bullpen (or lack thereof :P).
Strasburg is now 1-5. Some of it just plain bad luck.

Mr. Ypsi

Just checked his final stats.  Only 8-9 (due to total lack of run support), but a perfectly respectable 3.00 era, and almost a 4:1 K:BB ratio.  The Nats apparently also couldn't field this year: he gave up 71 runs, but only 61 were earned.

7express

He'll be starting game 1 of the NLDS vs. the Giants or Pirates on Friday.  Jordan Zimmermann (UWSP guy!) goes game 2, Doug Fister game 3 and Gio Gonzalez games game 4 if there is a game 5.  if there's a game 5 in DC that'll be between Strasburg & Zimmermann.

I still have nightmares of that 9th inning of game 5, but they were just happy to be there.  Expecting a deep, run in October.  Would like to win the World Series this year, but at least we get most of the key pieces back for next year so as long as we get out of the NLDS I'll take that expierence into next year.