NESCAC

Started by LaPaz, September 11, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stlawus and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

ECSUalum

Hypothetically, of couse, if Williams and Amherst could have played 10 games, and we were betting men, who would have won the most games?  My vote to Amherst 7-3 

madzillagd

Quote from: ECSUalum on November 30, 2012, 12:17:59 PM
Hypothetically, of couse, if Williams and Amherst could have played 10 games, and we were betting men, who would have won the most games?  My vote to Amherst 7-3

If the Final Four was on the line, then I'd vote Williams 10-0   :P

frank uible

The smart money generally comes out well ahead by taking advantage of emotional (and what the smart money regards as foolish) money.

ECSUalum

Quote from: frank uible on November 30, 2012, 12:55:24 PM
The smart money generally comes out well ahead by taking advantage of emotional (and what the smart money regards as foolish) money.

... and all the good luck bad luck, goal post "blocked shots" etc etc evens out.  Anyway, Good Luck to Williams College for a 2012 D-III National Soccer Championship.

Nice Job by the NCAA on the Williams/ON broadcast.  ON up 3-1 with less than 6 min to go.

Bantams1

The NCAA did a great with the finals, the stronger side of the brackett won out, glad to see the dominating team win. I believe the NESCAC will return to the final four next year with Brandeis making another statement. I watched Williams steal a game from them this year and they were clearly the better team but lost. Show me the facts.

frank uible

Many knowledgeable persons claim that one is what the scoreboard says one is.

Bantams1

Ditka Frank, did you ever play in a soccer game, dominate for 85 minutes, then lose on a prayer? Did you watch Messiah last year? No sport replicates the game of soccer. Promise not to use my 85' Bears coach anymore. ;)

Bantams1

WOW - great news for the NESCAC, 2 first team NSCAA AA, 1 second and 1 third team selection. Congratulations to those Amherst, Williams, and Wesleyan Coaches.

frank uible

Like life, your correspondent makes no promises.

Bantams1

Frank, do you have a box of fortune cookies near the computer? Sorry. two 1st Team All Americans from Amherst (Noon & Aoyama), two 3rd Team (O'Neill, Wesleyan & Christman, Williams). Roger WILLIAMS, Kamali Webson made 2nd Team.

frank uible

LaPaz

Spencer Noon gets dissed by d3 AA...not sure why again I will say a HEAVY midwestern bias.....for the east Ocel was ok but he is no where near the type of danger Noon was.

Flying Weasel

Quote from: LaPaz on December 14, 2012, 08:39:08 PM
...not sure why again I will say a HEAVY midwestern bias.....

FWIW . . .

FIRST TEAM DISTRIBUTION
RegionSelections(Pct.)
New England
(18%)
East
(27%)
Mid-Atlantic
(18%)
South Atlantic
(9%)
Great Lakes
(9%)
Central
(0%)
North
(18%)
West
(0%)

New England + East + Mid-Atlantic + South Atlantic = 8 (72%)

Great Lakes + Central + North + West = 3 (27%)

OVERALL DISTRIBUTION (all three teams)
RegionSelections(Pct.)
New England
(15%)
East
(18%)
Mid-Atlantic
(18%)
South Atlantic
(3%)
Great Lakes
(12%)
Central
(3%)
North
(18%)
West
(12%)

New England + East + Mid-Atlantic + South Atlantic = 18 (54%)

Great Lakes + Central + North + West = 15 (45%)

LaPaz

ur slittle % studyy wuld be more useful if we saw how many teams were actually in these regions u have put together

Jim Matson

The regions are "put together" by the NCAA.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com