Utica @ Ithaca (Cornell University)

Morrisville @ Grove city

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: south hill observer on November 12, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
Alfred @ Salisbury

Wesley @ Westminster

Morrisville @ Grove city

These are awesome matchups. I like the pairings and I think each game will be competitive.

south hill observer

Quote from: MANDGSU on November 12, 2018, 12:37:51 PM
Quote from: south hill observer on November 12, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
Alfred @ Salisbury

Wesley @ Westminster

Morrisville @ Grove city

These are awesome matchups. I like the pairings and I think each game will be competitive.

I would of loved to see Ithaca vs Wesley

Bombers798891

Ithaca/Utica? At a "neutral" site?

Hard pass. Seriously hard pass

I'm confident, however, that the Pioneers are not going to hit that 75 point mark against IC

UfanBill

So the Liberty League (or specific members) has in large part opted out of ECAC games. Only Ithaca declared interest.  They've also reportedly decided not to participate in the New York Bowl, a game set up last season to match E8 #2 against LL #2. For the second straight year the NY Bowl would have been a rematch of Ithaca/ Cortland. I can see why Ithaca would not want a Cortaca replay but would be open to an ECAC game.  7-2 Union and 5-4 Hobart have decided nine games is enough to the dismay of their fans but maybe the benefit of their student athletes. Saturday during halftime of the Union/ RPI " Dutchman Shoes" game I had a chance encounter with the Union AD. I asked him about Union declaring for the ECAC's. He said he was unaware that you had to "declare" for such a game ??? and then said Union hadn't in many years (largely because they didn't qualify). I mentioned that Hobart wasn't even an ECAC member and he said he thought they must be (they're not).  He correctly pointed out that Union was on finals next week(*note* Union is on a tri-semester academic calendar meaning they have three 10 week terms, the first of which has finals next week) and compared his experience with trying to study for finals while preparing for a post season football game as an academic disadvantage. (he played football at Union in the 90's and played in NCAA and ECAC games) The point is, the administration at certain schools (see the NESCAC) thinks too much football is too much. I'm happy for all the fans of schools that are playing post season and am ecstatic that my team, Union, ended on a Shoes victory.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bartman

Well, sounds like the Union AD needs to understand the opportunities for post season play better. I think Union and Hobart should be honest and just admit that they feel it is NCAA or bust. Even if Hobart passed on the NY S Bowl for whatever reason, then Union would have been in the mix, especially since they played last year. If the teams voted on it or the coaches decided what would be in the best interest of the team, then so be it. I just don't like holding out the opportunity to play one more game OOC, and then just saying no at the last minute. Then, just say we only play for the NCAAs and be clear about your position for the fans, but more importantly for the student athletes. This could have an impact on recruiting and player retention if you are not clear about your policy.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

MRMIKESMITH

Forecast shaping up to be very nice on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Salsibury and Alfred are familiar foes, hoping to watch a great game with the W in the Seagull Column, can't have a collapse like we did last year in Delaware against Ithaca. I'm not sure how good Alfred is this year, but I think they will be ready to play, they beat the Gulls the last time they came to Salisbury in a close contest (23-21). I am predicting a 31-17 win for the Seagulls.

thewaterboy

Quote from: MANDGSU on November 16, 2018, 10:36:59 AM
Forecast shaping up to be very nice on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Salsibury and Alfred are familiar foes, hoping to watch a great game with the W in the Seagull Column, can't have a collapse like we did last year in Delaware against Ithaca. I'm not sure how good Alfred is this year, but I think they will be ready to play, they beat the Gulls the last time they came to Salisbury in a close contest (23-21). I am predicting a 31-17 win for the Seagulls.
Gonna be a chilly one in Western PA for the Wesley-Westminster game. Really don't know what to expect from this year's Wesley squad. They should win, but I think they should have also won against Montclair, Rowan, Frostburg and CNU.... who knows. I just hope they can finish the year on a high note.

wesleydad

Quote from: thewaterboy on November 16, 2018, 11:26:05 AM
Gonna be a chilly one in Western PA for the Wesley-Westminster game. Really don't know what to expect from this year's Wesley squad. They should win, but I think they should have also won against Montclair, Rowan, Frostburg and CNU.... who knows. I just hope they can finish the year on a high note.

This game will say plenty about the character of the players.  Do they show up and go out with a win playing a solid game or do they play sloppy like they did in the loses, all of which could/should have been wins and go out with another disappointing game. 

thewaterboy

Quote from: wesleydad on November 16, 2018, 11:52:18 AM
Quote from: thewaterboy on November 16, 2018, 11:26:05 AM

This game will say plenty about the character of the players.  Do they show up and go out with a win playing a solid game or do they play sloppy like they did in the loses, all of which could/should have been wins and go out with another disappointing game.
Seems they have the talent... and IMO the coaching.... just need to show up and play.

tony/troy

For those out of the running for either the NCAA tournament, the three MAC- CC bowl games, the two New England bowl games or the New York bowl, the ECAC web site had finally posted an early list of declared teams for the either three or four ECAC bowl games.

However, I am stumped by one thing. The ECAC manual clearly states that an institution must be a dues paying member of the ECAC in order to participate in these bowls. Yet there are two institutions listed as declared that are nowhere to be found on the ECAC web sites' list of D3 members. Pretty sure I would be quite irritated at this outfit if my particular no longer a contender got stiffed in favor of a non member.

Anyone know what the deal is with this??

UfanBill

Quote from: tony/troy on October 31, 2019, 12:25:58 AM
For those out of the running for either the NCAA tournament, the three MAC- CC bowl games, the two New England bowl games or the New York bowl, the ECAC web site had finally posted an early list of declared teams for the either three or four ECAC bowl games.

However, I am stumped by one thing. The ECAC manual clearly states that an institution must be a dues paying member of the ECAC in order to participate in these bowls. Yet there are two institutions listed as declared that are nowhere to be found on the ECAC web sites' list of D3 members. Pretty sure I would be quite irritated at this outfit if my particular no longer a contender got stiffed in favor of a non member.

Anyone know what the deal is with this??

Thanks for your research. In looking at the ECAC website the only caveat I see is the date(s) of their compiled lists. The "declared" page shows dates of both 2017 and 2018. The "members" list is dated May 5, 2016. Do you know if these lists have been recently updated?
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

ITH radio

The declared list of teams I see is from last season. Will reach out and see when that's scheduled to be updated.

ITH radio