MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by bamm, March 12, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spwood

Cardinals didn't have to wait long to find out they are dancing!!! Playing in the Williams pod against Gwynedd Mercy.

All-Time

Jon Patron & Co. live to play another game.
Magicman, Those Red Ruby Slippers did the trick again.

Let's Go Cardinals

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

magicman

spwood

On the d3hoops.com mock selection show last night, they seemed pretty confident Plattsburgh was going to make it.  I suppose as early as Rochester came off the board, Plattsburgh had a better chance.  They hit on 18 out of the 20 Pool C bids.

AUPepBand

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

amh63

Magicman....congrat to your Cardinals!   Now you must watch out for some Big Bad Ephs...you hear! :).   Seriously, Amherst beat the EPHs three times this season.  If you meet them, speed and defense will help "chop down" the tall timbers, my friend.  My LJs do not wish to meet them again ;D.

With Age Comes Wisdom?

Magicman.. there is justice ... Cards dance as I predicted!!  Congrats in order!!  I must assume that you are traveling??

magicman

Pep,

Thanks for the congrats. Had my fingers crossed and was pretty sure we'd get in but didn't want to say anything along those lines and jinx my guys. Good luck to the Saxons. I hope all the East Region teams do well. Remember the NJAC teams have a history of losing in the first round. Last year I watched New Jersey City blow a sizable lead and lose to Union right here in Plattsburgh. Ramapo has lost twice in the first round in recent memory.....to Morrisville State 86-78 in 2013 and to Johnson and Wales 114-106 in 2011. Go get em!

magicman

Quote from: amh63 on February 25, 2019, 04:33:12 PM
Magicman....congrat to your Cardinals!   Now you must watch out for some Big Bad Ephs...you hear! :).   Seriously, Amherst beat the EPHs three times this season.  If you meet them, speed and defense will help "chop down" the tall timbers, my friend.  My LJs do not wish to meet them again ;D.

amh63,
Thank you for the acknowledgement. And to your LJ's as well. I hope we get the chance to meet Amherst on March 15th in the Final Four. We both have to win a few games to do so and the odds are not in our favor, but at least the brackets are lined up so that can be possible. Right now I just want to meet the Ephs in the next round or the team they are matched up with. Nothing is a given at this point of the year. Any team that got an invite or won their conference is a good team or they wouldn't be dancing.

I know the Ephs have good size, but I think we may be the quicker team. I watched Williams play your Amherst team in the NESCAC tournament. I had a feeling if we made the NCAA field we might have to play one of them on the first weekend, if we are fortunate enough to win our first round game. It will be the 3rd time in our last 5 trips to the NCAA tournament, that we've had to meet a NESCAC team in the tournament, after the first or second game

I don't blame you for wanting the Cardinals to get rid of the Ephs for you. ;D I know, as you mentioned, that the LJ's have already beaten Williams 3 times this year. Seems to me that the last time that happened, you met them for a 4th time, exactly where my Cardinals would meet your LJ's if they both keep winning....in the semifinals. And that 4th meeting with Williams, which was March 21st, 2014, proved to be one too many, as the Ephs got their revenge and beat Amherst to advance to the title game. (where the Ephs lost the National Championship to Whitewater on a last second basket).       

magicman

Quote from: With Age Comes Wisdom? on February 25, 2019, 10:20:23 PM
Magicman.. there is justice ... Cards dance as I predicted!!  Congrats in order!!  I must assume that you are traveling??

With Age,

As I stated above I didn't want to jinx my guys so I left the predicting to others. :D Good job on your part. ;) How are you and how's  your son doing? Send me a PM with the news. Also a phone number. I'll give you a call and we can catch up a bit. Miss you on the boards. Thanks for the congrats. Travel plans are questionable.

AllStar

Good luck to the Cardinals and Lakers in the NCAA Tournament!

Here's the bracket for the regional Plattsburgh is in:

Oswego:

ronk

Magic,
  just saw Plattsburgh(baseball) on Pardon the Interruption - they had tying run on 2nd when a muffed pickoff attempt let him come all the way home sliding by the plate; throw went by the catcher but rebounded in time to tag the runner just before he stretched for the plate. National coverage!

magicman

Quote from: ronk on February 28, 2019, 12:07:49 AM
Magic,
  just saw Plattsburgh(baseball) on Pardon the Interruption - they had tying run on 2nd when a muffed pickoff attempt let him come all the way home sliding by the plate; throw went by the catcher but rebounded in time to tag the runner just before he stretched for the plate. National coverage!

Thanks ronk,

Smitty mentioned it on our player draft board about 15 minutes before you posted here, but I was not sure how the play transpired and the play by play from the box score doesn't explain it like you did.. Now I know.  I missed it as we had the TV turned off. Some consolation....Plattsburgh played a double header against that team and we won the first game 17-4.

spwood

Magic,

It was featured on MLB.com as well.  Missing in this explanation is that the runner completely missed home plate with his slide.  He was trying to get back to the plate when the tag occured...

magicman

Quote from: spwood on February 28, 2019, 08:28:46 AM
Magic,

It was featured on MLB.com as well.  Missing in this explanation is that the runner completely missed home plate with his slide.  He was trying to get back to the plate when the tag occured...

spwood.
Thanks for the additional info.  ronk and I are involved in a fantasy draft on another board and it was mentioned there, as well, that the runner slid by home plate without touching it.  ronk's post filled in some of the gaps for me and I was pretty sure of what happened. Your post confirmed it.  Crazy way to lose. One thing though, didn't the ball hit the backstop when it went by the catcher and bounce right back to him and that was why he could tag the runner so quickly?