MBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by njachoopsfan, March 16, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOsprey

Quote from: NJBALLERZ on February 18, 2017, 12:02:18 PM
First round of the playoffs today!

Stockton at NJCU and MSU at Rowan both slated for a 3PM start.

Who ya got!?

Rowan rolls!!  NJCU wins a low scoring game(low 60's), however, I like the Opreys if we can get the score above 75.  Stockton playing in Jersey City last game should benefit them for today's playoff opener.

Go Ospreys!!

TheOsprey

NJCU beats Stockton scoring nearly 100 today.
The Ospreys just don't play any defense.  If the Gothic Knights can keep the offense going, I think they can win the bid.

Stockton only have three seniors and should be a better squad next year.

Rowan at Ramapo & NJCU at TCNJ next round.

NJBALLERZ

New Top 25 for the Men's recently released.. NJCU back in the top 25 sitting at 21 and Ramapo staying right up where they should be at 7. NJCU at 20-6 and now #21 in the country will travel to Ewing tomorrow evening for a semi final rematch of last  year.

#7 Ramapo will host Rowan, who they have beaten twice this year. Should be smooth sailing for Ramapo tomorrow night. Roadrunners by double digits.

Knightstalker

Jersey City goes to Ewing and beats TCNJ, on to Ramapo.

The Stalkerette's JV basketball team finished up a good season with a win tonight.  She is happy because a friend from our church goes to the school they beat today so trash talking on Sunday.  The Freshman team finished the season 9-3, not sure of the JV record.  All the Freshmen got pulled up when the third Varsity started got hurt and several JV moved to full time Varsity.  Varsity team is seeded 2nd for the sectional playoffs starting next week.

I love it when all the teams I root for win.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

TheOsprey

I'm picking "Jersey City ..." to snag a bid tonight.😌

Knightstalker

I just saw the video of the buzzer beating half court shot that Ramapo used to win 67-64 in the front page story.  Incredible.  I think the Knights have a great shot to get the pool C bid.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

irapthor

Quote from: Knightstalker on February 24, 2017, 09:29:18 PM
I just saw the video of the buzzer beating half court shot that Ramapo used to win 67-64 in the front page story.  Incredible.  I think the Knights have a great shot to get the pool C bid.

I should have deleted that video from my phone!

But, like I told Pat, even as good of a writer as I may be, there's no way I could do that justice...it had to be seen.

Just unreal.
Ira Thor
Award-winning former 20-year SID and Assistant AD at New Jersey City University. Current Chief Communications Officer. NY/NJ and national professional and collegiate PA announcer, PBP announcer and commentator. D3hoops.com Top voter since 2002......Howell Township (NJ) Board of Education...Husband/father of 3. Hasbeen soccer goalkeeper.

njachoopsfan

The most amazing finish of any game I have ever announced.  I was literally speechless after that shot

Knightstalker

Quote from: irapthor on February 25, 2017, 02:15:02 AM
Quote from: Knightstalker on February 24, 2017, 09:29:18 PM

I should have deleted that video from my phone!

But, like I told Pat, even as good of a writer as I may be, there's no way I could do that justice...it had to be seen.

Just unreal.

I got to watch that video after coming home from the Warren Hills girls varsity game that took 2 overtimes, very exciting game.  Good tuneup for the state sectionals that start on Tuesday for them.  Second seed in North 2 Group 3.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Someone's phone video from the other side of the court showed up at Sportscenter's #7 Play of the Day last night.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

irapthor

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 25, 2017, 11:19:12 AM

Someone's phone video from the other side of the court showed up at Sportscenter's #7 Play of the Day last night.

Ramapo sports info had a student up there with an iPad
Ira Thor
Award-winning former 20-year SID and Assistant AD at New Jersey City University. Current Chief Communications Officer. NY/NJ and national professional and collegiate PA announcer, PBP announcer and commentator. D3hoops.com Top voter since 2002......Howell Township (NJ) Board of Education...Husband/father of 3. Hasbeen soccer goalkeeper.

njachoopsfan

Your video was much clearer

TheOsprey

Congratulations to Stockton for winning the 2017 ECAC post season tournament.   

The Ospreys defeated four teams in five days to win their first post season title.

They defeated Baruch, Carnegie Mellon, Bethany College (upset top seed Moravian), and tourney host PS - Behrand to claim the ECAC title.

Should be good experience for next year because most players are back.

GREAT JOB Ospreys!!!

mailsy

Quote from: TheOsprey on March 07, 2017, 10:30:19 AM
Congratulations to Stockton for winning the 2017 ECAC post season tournament.   

The Ospreys defeated four teams in five days to win their first post season title.

They defeated Baruch, Carnegie Mellon, Bethany College (upset top seed Moravian), and tourney host PS - Behrand to claim the ECAC title.

Should be good experience for next year because most players are back.

GREAT JOB Ospreys!!!

I agree if most are coming back. Neumann did the same last year and had a tremendous 2016-17. If they didn't lose in the first game of the NCAA's, who knows what they could have done.  ;D Anyway Congrats to Stockton. You should have a lot to look forward to next season.
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

TheOsprey

+k to you, mailsy!! :)