No longer part of D3sports.com network?

Started by PaulNewman, August 17, 2014, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulNewman

What does this mean?  And what does this mean for the site moving forward?  Any significant changes?

woacfan

I was curious about that too.  I suspect they don't have the resources or manpower to run the soccer site anymore.  I noticed that there was a new men's soccer story on the D3 Sports site.   I suspect they are just going to post articles there, but there won't be a dedicated active D3 soccer page....that's all guesswork on my part.  Hope I am wrong...I love the D3 soccer page!
"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian Clough

jknezek

Lot of broken links. If you try and go to school info I don't think it works anymore. Bummer.

Christan Shirk

I am pleased to let you know that D3soccer.com is gearing up for the new 2014 season and plans to be an active site again this year.  We do have some resources and manpower issues that, without going into details, is what precipitated the departure from the D3sports.com network.  It was an amicable parting of ways and a disappointment to both sides. The D3sports network has set and met high standards of excellence and has established a very strong "brand".  We at D3soccer.com respect and admire the network's collective success as well as that of the individual sport sites and all the work that goes into it.

As you are noticing, we are behind schedule in having the site ready for the new season, but things are getting done and we expect to have everything ready by day one of the season, if not before.  At present, men's and women's team pages are still missing for about 25% of the schools (if you are finding broken links for anything other than team pages, please e-mail me at chris.shirk@d3soccer.com).  All men's and women's 2014 conference pages are now on-line, a new poll was posted, and you should see some new original articles in the next few days.  We are also planning to continue our weekly national Top 25 rankings during the season. 

So what does the departure from the D3sports.com network means for the site going forward?  For visitors to D3soccer.com, little will change, at least in the short-term.  As you may have noticed, the D3 network sites (besides soccer) got a make-over during the past year, so we do not need to change the look of the site as a result of leaving the network.  A new logo is required and one should replace the generic placeholder sometime before or shortly into the season.  Without the need to remain consistent with the network of D3 sites anymore, we may and probably will tinker with some cosmetic and site layout changes along the way this season.  Any major changes to our look would probably only occur during the next off-season.  So the experience for visitor's to the site should be virtually unchanged from previous seasons.

It's gratifying to know that people appreciate the site and that fans would be very disappointed to see it disappear.  It is a challenge to maintain the site and produce original content in the form of articles and columns, so if anyone has a serious interest in contributing to our effort on a regular, committed, on-going basis, whether behind the scenes or as a writer/columnist, please contact me at chris.shirk@d3soccer.com.
Christan Shirk
Special Consultant and Advisor
D3soccer.com

repete

Best of luck, Christian! Your effort is appreciated.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Christan Shirk on August 21, 2014, 09:43:57 AM
It was an amicable parting of ways and a disappointment to both sides. The D3sports network has set and met high standards of excellence and has established a very strong "brand".

Agreed -- I would have liked to see D3soccer.com continue under our umbrella but glad the site is continuing. The D3sports.com team gave it all the support we could, maybe even more than we could considering it coincides with football season. Jim and Chris will be taking it forward.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.