FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HScoach

^  Yup.   He's everything right that college athletics should be about. 

Thankfully D3 is full of these kind of guys.  D1? Not so much.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

umhb2001

Quote from: joelmama on December 05, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: umhb2001 on December 04, 2012, 10:26:03 PM
Quote from: wesleydad on December 04, 2012, 10:56:24 AM
Quote from: umhb2001 on December 03, 2012, 11:37:39 PM
Quote from: wesleydad on December 03, 2012, 07:33:38 PM
hey mount guys, sorry i cant make it this weekend, you know i would love to make the trip but i have a prior commitment that would have probably stopped me from even coming if wesley was playing.

my 2 cents on the game.  earlier in the year i thought that umhb might have been the best team in the country, not so now.  bailey is a playmaker and mount will have to contain him.  the running game is ok, dangerous if allowed to get outside, but can be contained.  they pass more than they have in the past and bailey is making better decisions.  wesley did not take away the short passes last week which i did not understand because i saw no evidence that they could go over top on the d backs for wesley.  this allowed bailey to avoid pressure be dumping it off.  wesley held them to 32 both times and could have held them to less than that had they made plays in either game.  so i think umhb does not get to 30.  umhb can be scored on.  they can be beat long, also not sure why wesley did not throw that more often last week.  wesley was able to run the ball this week and sot did not have a good game at qb.  i think that burke being mobile will cause umhb trouble if he can extend plays which i saw that he could do this week.  the d line is pretty solid and the LB's are good.  in the end i do not know if umhb can keep mount under 30, wesley had 25 in game 1 and 20 with 3 missed ops in game 2.  mount doesnt usually miss those ops so i think mount is going to win.  the game should be a good one, but if umhb plays like they did for most of the first half they could be in trouble.  enjoy the game and i hope to see some of you at the stagg if mount makes it of if you just decide to make the trip anyway.

We stopped a lot of your "chances". Give credit to where credit is due and stop saying you gave it away. Our D stopped your red zone attempts. Bailey and Hudson ran all over the place. I'm not trying to be ugly. I'm sorry it sounds that way. I just want to give credit where credit is due. Y'all stopped our game in the first half and we made adjustments. We've faced very good mobile QB's this year and last. We held y'all and other teams below your rushing average. I know Mount is formidable, but we aren't where we are because we lucked in to somebody's vote.

umhb, it is a matter of perspective.  at no point did i suggest that umhb did not do the job.  i gave credit to umhb on the asc board.  i stated why i thought wesley lost on the acfc board.  i stated what i thought could have happened had wesley made the plays that i thought they could make.  on this board I am looking at it from how could wesley have won and what i think mount needs to do that wesley did not do to win.  you look at it from the umhb point of view.  dont be so sensitive when someone doesnt taught your team as being great.  i dont care if you disagree with what i post, it happens all the time.i dont take it personal unless it is personal.  if you disagree with what i think is going to happen feel free to state why you think umhb will win.  I am sure that all would be glad to read it.
I wasn't taking it personally, I just said that we didn't play well the first half, made adjustments, and earned the win. I'm sorry you felt I was attacking you or your views, you are entitled to them, I just felt it necessary to say we earned the win. Yes?

Second, I think our team recognizes they can be scored on. I in no way expect us to shut out MU. Their skill positions are great and formidable. Their D has obviously done an exceptional job this year. But, I do think it has been shown they can be scored on and I expect we will score. Our D and special teams have made big plays all year and I expect them to do the same. Our guys know the task at hand, as do the MU players. I'm sure they aware being reminded about 2004 and so are ours. I expect a great game and feel our guys can win.

I hope both sides play well and are free from injury. Good luck to all.
So you think Mount's defense has shown that they can be scored upon?  Giving up less than 7 points a game and a season high of 17?  I am not saying UMHB wont score or wont score more than 17, but I am not sure how you can look at any of Mount's games or results and say the D has shown they can be scorted upon (unless you are talking about 7-17 points but that isn't going to get it done.).  I am laos not saying that Mount will have an easy game but I predict that they will win and that Mount will score at least 30 points.

Ok
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

bushman

d3 says kick off at 2pm, paper says 12 noon,  espn3 was at noon    what is it?
"When you lose, say nothing.  When you win, say even less."   Paul Brown

HURFMUC

Bushman---I was informed today that kickoff is at 2pm

HURFMUC

Skunk----mtfan told me you was buying friday night

bushman

Thanks, revising pre game ritual.
"When you lose, say nothing.  When you win, say even less."   Paul Brown

Ric

Mount Union lost an Alum, a long time season ticket holder, a fan and a great friend today. Clyde will be missed by many. I'm sure he'll be watching Saturday's game on the 50 in the top row with Larry, right where they like to be.

bman

Quote from: Ric on December 05, 2012, 08:53:36 PM
Mount Union lost an Alum, a long time season ticket holder, a fan and a great friend today. Clyde will be missed by many. I'm sure he'll be watching Saturday's game on the 50 in the top row with Larry, right where they like to be.

Ric

One thing I always liked abourt your website, was the tribute to your uncle.   I used to periodically look at that, when I needed to keep things in perspective.  It showed alot about your character, in what you had to say about him and what he meant to you...
...my condolences...

Dr. Acula

As expected Tom Arth was named HC at JCU today.

JCU names coach

Pat Coleman

Quote from: bushman on December 05, 2012, 08:20:41 PM

Are we really still having this discussion? The game is at 2.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

John Arth

Cleveland Plain Dealer has starting time at 1 PM

HScoach

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 05, 2012, 10:06:05 PM

I vote for telling MHB that the game is a 3:00.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

raiderpa

Ric, thanks for the heads up on the passing of great fan and great guy. Clyde Combs.  He will be missed at Mount games and my deepest sympathy to his family.  He was a true gentleman. Many will miss him.

rscl70

Quote from: HScoach on December 06, 2012, 07:18:49 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 05, 2012, 10:06:05 PM

I vote for telling MHB that the game is a 3:00.

Daylight Saving Time
12-0 = 13

Raider 68

I certainly hope all those injured Mount players will be available for Saturday! Coach Kehres
may be forced to open the playbook even more. :)
13 time Division III National Champions