WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcmfan

Remember, Ralph, our women lost their last few regular season games last year, in part because Simbri Tuttle was injured and Sam Nichols deliberately kept her out of the games to give her time to mend -- and the game outcomes at that point had no outcome on the final tournament seeding.  The result was that we could put Simbri back in for the tournament and get all the way to the final game.  Could this be something similar, looking worse for MC than it really is?
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

McMfan, I cannot find any changes in the lineups or distribution of minutes on the Lady Chocs website that suggest a major injury.

inthepaint

Congratulations Lady Indians, Lady Jackets and Cowgirls on your wins!  With UMHB playing hard and strong these last couple of weeks it is going to be a West championship!  I would be shocked if anyone from the East hangs through it, though I have been shocked before  ;)

My heart is in Cowgirl country but to whoever wins in Clinton - take it deep into the playoffs and show the nation the type of basketball played in the ASC!

mcmfan

Could they be losing deliberately, to lull all the West teams into a false sense of security before being bashed in the Golden Dome?   :)
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

Let me try the brackets for the women.

West

1)  McM 20-2

2)  HPU 19-3

3)  HSU 18-4

4)  UMHB  9-13.

East

1) MC  17-5

2) ETBU 14-8

Three-way tie in 3rd.  UOzarks, Austin College and UT-Dallas at 11-11.

Multiple ties...Uozarks wins the 3-way by sweeping AC and splitting with UT-Dallas.  UOzarks is seeded 3rd.

Two-way tie between AC and UT-Dallas.

AC wins this tie-breaker by virtue of their win over MC.  AC is seeded 4th.

UT-Tyler is in the 3rd year of provisional status and is ineligible for post-season play.

millie

McMfan...have you lost your mind...i wish i could say it was on purpose...you have gor to be kidding...MC is hurt...they are all limping because they have shoot themselves in the foot...and missed a great opportunity (i still love my chocs)

nash

It seems to me that MC has been struggling to regain its momemtum that was lost when Lacey Kennedy was hurt.  Just as they start to get it together, someone is out sick and then somebody else has an injury(which doesn't stop them from playing, but hinders their performance).  The game today was rough, Lacey hurt her ankle today, Natalie Jordan went out of the game after being hit in the face.  MC needs some healing and I hope they are ready for the tournament.

fanstand

Just slid in to town from a great four days in the Austin area. How sweet it is............Great job today from L.I.B. and coaches. They kept working and kept their heads in the ball game.  Everyone in the conference has stepped up their play, and will be ready for the tourney. I heard Molly Buker the point for HPU was hurt today, they said her knee. That would hurt HPU but I still think they will be in the mix if she is unable to return. The smiles today from the coaches and players were awesome. Look out Mississippi, here we come.......and looking for a championship.

mcmfan

millie,
My son tells me I lost my mind a long time ago!

Seriously, what you say helps explain Ralph Turner's question about what has been ailing the Chocs, since he said he couldn't see anything from the game stats.  Get healthy for next week!
Alacumba!

dballa

fanstand, she did hurt her knee in yesterdays game and they were supposed to get it checked out last night.  So we're still waiting to see how severe it is.  The good thing is if she can play this weekend she has a few days to get healthy.

If she can't play she will be missed.  She's a good passer, great on defense and does a great job in getting the offense going.  But the team will pull it together and can win without her if need be.

inthepaint

With all the congratulatory rhetoric I felt it appropriate to give a shout out to my boy, Ralph!  ;D  Congrats on the 100th karma point!  :o  For guys like myself and Dballa, we're just happy to be out of single digits.  ;)   I can't imagine all the insightful, proactive, edifying posts you had to deliver in order to pass this milestone!  Way to go Sir Turner!

mcmfan

Given the brackets, and assuming the West to be stronger than the East, this year's tournament could be a repeat of last year's -- all the East teams except MC get eliminated in the first round, then McM and HSU have a final showdown, and then the winner of that plays the winner of MC-HPU, probably HPU.  Déja vu! 
Alacumba!

d3fan4life

Quote from: mcmfan on February 20, 2006, 01:24:01 PM
Given the brackets, and assuming the West to be stronger than the East, this year's tournament could be a repeat of last year's -- all the East teams except MC get eliminated in the first round, then McM and HSU have a final showdown, and then the winner of that plays the winner of MC-HPU, probably HPU.  Déja vu! 

i will say it again.

the EAST will not be playing on DAY 2 of the tourney.

inthepaint

Quote from: d3fan4life on February 20, 2006, 03:32:21 PM
the EAST will not be playing on DAY 2 of the tourney.

That is virtually a certainty.

dballa

Well UMHB better play MC like they did HSU and McM at home or else they'll be out of it.  UMHB has only won 3 games on the road and that was at CUA, TLU and SRSU...they didn't even beat SU in Kerrville.  I wouldn't say it's a lock that they are in the 2nd round.  They will have their hands full even with an MC team that hasn't been playing well.