UMHB--Hicks hits the second FT. 67-61.
McM--0:35.  Blair Heitmiller fouls double bonus. Horton FT 1-2. 68-61

Ralph Turner

McM--Englke gets the rebound and is fouled. 0:24.  FT 2-2. McM 70-61
UMHB--Heitmiller fouled by Engelke who fouls out. 0:14.9

intern

Ralph Turner

UMHB--Hicks FT 0-2; Richardson rebs. 0:11 left
McM--Horton  FT 2-2 ; McM 72-61.  Horton is 5-6 from the line.
UMHB-- OOB 0:02
McM--Tuttle dribbles!

L.I.B. ASC 2006 Champions

mcmfan

fanstand said earlier:
"Trust me on this. Were ready."
fanstand, I'll trust you forever!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Alacumba!

thejungle

Lady Indians,
    From the bottom of our hearts.  Thank you!  It's been a brilliant season...A brilliant tournament.  And now a championship!  From all the Maroon out there:  Thank You!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: mcmfan on February 26, 2006, 04:51:01 PM
fanstand said earlier:
"Trust me on this. Were ready."
fanstand, I'll trust you forever!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The balloting is in!

Fanstand is the unanimous selection for All ASC-West Mom of the Year! :)

Millie carries the honors on the East! ;)

bcal

What a game!!!   What a set of games!!!   There is no quit in the hearts of the UMHB Lady Cru.  UMHB should be selected to play in the NCAAs with MCM L. I. B. who gets the automatic bid.

Next thing to do is wait for the NCAA to announce the brackett on Monday morning.

Both teams who played today are worthy of praise.  My maroon heart is full of joy for McMURRY L. I. B. 

inthepaint

Quote from: bcal on February 26, 2006, 05:13:05 PM
What a game!!!   What a set of games!!!   There is no quit in the hearts of the UMHB Lady Cru.  UMHB should be selected to play in the NCAAs with MCM L. I. B. who gets the automatic bid. 

Nothing would make the ASC faithful happier than to see two teams advance beyond the conference tournament!  I, for one, am looking into the coming weeks with confidence in the Lady Indians.  Congratulations on capping off your wonderful year with the conference victory!  Today, and for the rest of this season, my blood is running MAROON!

Ron Boerger

Pat has projected both McM and HPU will get bids. 

sethhpu

Wow 3 teams get in from the conference, glad the Lady Jackets made it in. Suprised the Cowgirls got in but I hope MCM, HSU and HPU go deep in the playoffs.
Defense wins championships

Ron Boerger

Congrats to the ASC for getting three teams in! 

dsc

Wow!  I thought I was reading last years selections...or something. 

HSU  COWGIRLS  ARE  IN!!!  Amazing.   Congratulations to the Cowgirls and HPU and McM!!!

I just know they'll all be paired up against each other right off the bat...you know the $$$ thing!  It will be like a "ASC-
West" tournament all over again. :)

I forgot to look to see if Trinity is in also...I think so.  Regardless of who wins...and the games will be good experience...I also hope the winners can go DEEP!!!

Unbelieveable!!!
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

inthepaint

OK, now I am really confused.  UMHB takes the win over two teams, HSU and HPU, and the losers advance in the national tournament while the winner goes home?  ???

I am a Cowgirls fan.  I am thrilled, if I am reading things correctly, that they are still playing.  HOWEVER, they and the Jackets lost.  HSU was one-and-done but they still advance?  I'm wondering way!  I'm thankful for the opportunity they have to continue to play, but I am really wondering how they get the nod while the team that best them twice in the last week or so goes home!  ???

dballa

You have to look at the whole year can't just look at a 3 day tournament.  HPU swept UMHB in the regular season and was ranked 3rd in the South Region as well as having their QOWI higher than UMHB.  UMHB lost too many games at the beginning of the season. 

It was weird seeing HSU get in though after they lost 3 of their last 4 games but hopefully they'll be kind and spread out all 3 ASC teams and let them see how far they can go.