FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ron Boerger

Pat asked an even better question over on YouTube - did they get permission from the NCAA?  Given that they don't even identify these as college teams I would be willing to bet the answers to both questions is no.   

Pat Coleman

I know that I got harassed by a group claiming to represent redistribution rights for that video a few years ago because I deigned to embed it on a blog post. (News organization? Fair use? Anyone?) I can only hope those people are bulldogging these guys.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Shoreman

Pat & Ron,
The Tinity-Millsaps clip was run in an actual TV ad, not just a You Tube clip. Athletes (and colleges) of those 2 schools are getting ripped off. This is exactly why athletes want to get paid when their images are used.

Ron Boerger

Oh, I'm well aware it was a real TV ad and presume Pat does too. 

Ron Boerger

I have been told that the ad agency who produced the commercial did indeed perform their due diligence and properly clear use of the video with all parties concerned. 

At least we had something to talk about for a few days with none of the SAA/SCAC teams making it to the playoffs...

tigerguy

^This. I've been disappointed with the lack of conversations on the boards this year. Then again things have been much quieter since the Depauw folk left anyways.

Tomy Boboy again got a sack in the final Trinity Game. He basically only played in 7 games this year and still notched 9.5. If he had been healthy I think he could have had a serious run at an All-American bid. I'll be interested to see if he did enough to get into the Regional awards. I'm excited to watch him next season!

historymajor

Pat/Bonzo,,, The Harvard Pilgrim use of the "Miracle" footage WAS widely discussed AND agreed upon.  This is copyrighted material that in this case benefited nicely to both programs. We have NOT been happy with the 'representation" we have had in the past.  Changes have been made and use/compensation distrubution should be much better in the future.

Shoreman

Just A Guy

Has anyone seen the 2013 schedule for Centre?

jknezek

So they open with a D2 program, then BSC plays one of their 4 first year programs, then they play another first year D3 program, then two legit opponents, another first year program, and the rest is a D3 schedule. Color me impressed that a first year program managed to do so well. Only one real outlier, Westminster, and then some assistance from other first year programs.

To be honest, I think the schedule looks better than whatever the scheduler at BSC was trying to do playing 4 first year programs, 2 of them not even D3...

Ralph Turner

Quote from: jknezek on November 29, 2012, 09:36:06 AM
So they open with a D2 program, then BSC plays one of their 4 first year programs, then they play another first year D3 program, then two legit opponents, another first year program, and the rest is a D3 schedule. Color me impressed that a first year program managed to do so well. Only one real outlier, Westminster, and then some assistance from other first year programs.

To be honest, I think the schedule looks better than whatever the scheduler at BSC was trying to do playing 4 first year programs, 2 of them not even D3...
I am confused about the subject of this post.  Is that a comment about Hendrix' schedule?

I think that Hendrix has done a good job.

Give the SAA a chance to settle into its schedule with WashU and Chicago and it will be a good one.

jknezek

Quote from: Ralph Turner on November 29, 2012, 09:50:50 AM
Quote from: jknezek on November 29, 2012, 09:36:06 AM

I am confused about the subject of this post.  Is that a comment about Hendrix' schedule?

I think that Hendrix has done a good job.

Give the SAA a chance to settle into its schedule with WashU and Chicago and it will be a good one.

I probably wasn't real clear. I agree, I think Hendrix did a good job. I know it's hard for those first year programs to get a full schedule, although Hendrix and Berry are certainly helped by their conference affiliation. As I said, color me impressed by the job Hendrix did, especially when compared to BSC's schedule.

Ron Boerger

Gee, no game against Trinity.  Color me unsurprised.   ;)