FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

This is the new home of IIAC discussion. Welcome aboard, everyone.

Spurrier

not a big fan of this type of message board. . .
Why the defense ain't werkin'?

Walston Hoover

Lets see, where were we? Oh yeah, Wartburg had about 90 newcomers come in for camp. What kind of numbers did the other schools have-Hopefully there's s few guys who can play in that group.
While this may be an upgraded board, I'll still miss the old one.
You come to Wartburg to play for championships

lorbec47

New to this sight. What are the top season predictions? The parity in this conference is just unbelievable.

Charlie Kohawk

Hey Pat, Kudos on the new and improved posting up page. It'll take some getting used to, but I like that it will be easier to hop from football to basketball. Overall, I'd say it's an improvement.

Footballs are in the air! Go Kohawks!
4 IIAC football championships
8 NCAA football playoff appearances
13 straight wins over Cornell in the oldest football rivalry west of the Mississippi

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Charlie Kohawk on August 16, 2005, 02:08:09 PM
... I like that it will be easier to hop from football to basketball.

Thanks. That was absolutely a major consideration.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sportsknight

lorbec47,
I see you've got a Beckman email address.  I went to Cascade, so hopefully we can coexist on here without too many arguments.
"Graduating from college in four years is like leaving a party at 10:30." - Chuck Klosterman

dutchfan1

Woah -- this is quite the change...it'll definitely take some getting used to. Big improvement, though!  :)
A pessimist is a man who feels that all women are bad. An optimist hopes so.

The Show

90 sounds like quite a few.  Reminds me of the 110 Dubuque and Upper Iowa used to bring in only to lose 90 after the first snow. (I know, it won't  be that drastic.) But I do think it will be tough to keep a lot of them out.  I didn't know of too many guys wanting to be backups for 3 years at the D3 level, even at a successful program.  I would call half of that number a successful recruiting class.

As for the message board, change is good.  However, I was scrambling around last night when I couldn't log on and thought good ol' Pat had deleted my profile!  :o  (You can disregard my e-mail Pat)

Walston - I'm guilty of wearing that Beaver Football visor to practice as well.  It's been interesting trying to learn a defensive playbook for a change.  I've always thought defense was just a more organized form of "kill the man with the ball", but there're actually plays and stuff...
Sometimes You're the Windshield & Sometimes You're the Bug!

Confused77

Wow, I lost my all my info--no worries..I really am not bothered by the number of posts.

This will take some getting used to.

lorbec47

I don't know sportsknight, you went to Cascade and now WARTBURG! Just messing. Who's gonna take the conference this year? GO DUHAWKS!

wartknight

This will take awhile to get used to, but s/b better in the long run.

WH
Did you here of any unexpected "studs" in camp?
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

wartknight

I guess I lost my # of posts. I will just have to try & catch up.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

warthog

OK.  I guess I can live with.  I'm glad I get to write Wartburg in orange letters.
BE ORANGE

Walston Hoover

I don't know if I'd call them unexpected studs, but the people I talked to seemed awefully excited about who was there. Rumor has it Hoskins has looked good so far and his younger brother is in camp, but there are some very good freshmen qbs including the Kuennen kid from Denver.
Heard Stoffels little bro should be solid, and that there's nothing to worry about when it comes to replacing McIntire. 4 of 5 starters back on the o-line should help with Hammes carrying the ball along with a new guy back there.  Linebacking corp should be one of the strongest they've had in a while IMO. I was told this could be one of the fastest teams they've had there(maybe even faster than the Spartans. Some pleasant surprises on the D-line. The concerns so far are with an inexperienced kicker (although I've heard Herzberg had quite the high school career at Iowa Falls) and punter. Also at tight end, but some things may be in the works there if no one emerges. Theres other things as well that I found out, like UIU's coach being the roommate of the Knights radio network color analyst while he was at Wartburg.
You come to Wartburg to play for championships