FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on January 19, 2013, 09:02:52 AM
OK - Rumor #1.  The first  coach interviewed, Rick Ponx - DC from North Central, has been removed from the list of coaches on NC's football website.  Did he give notice to NC?  Was he promoted to a new position at the College?  Did all of the "Rick Ponx" searches from Luther fans overwhelm NC's server?  Irregardless, I'm not sure what Mr. Ponx's current level of interest is with Luther now that the HC job at his alma mater, Elmhurst, just became available.

Sincerely yours,
5 Words or More

According to CCIW posters, Ponx was canned by North Central for apparently speaking ill of NCC in his interview for the Carthage head coaching job.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 21, 2013, 12:46:33 AM
Quote from: 5 Words or Less on January 19, 2013, 09:02:52 AM
OK - Rumor #1.  The first  coach interviewed, Rick Ponx - DC from North Central, has been removed from the list of coaches on NC's football website.  Did he give notice to NC?  Was he promoted to a new position at the College?  Did all of the "Rick Ponx" searches from Luther fans overwhelm NC's server?  Irregardless, I'm not sure what Mr. Ponx's current level of interest is with Luther now that the HC job at his alma mater, Elmhurst, just became available.

Sincerely yours,
5 Words or More

According to CCIW posters, Ponx was canned by North Central for apparently speaking ill of NCC in his interview for the Carthage head coaching job.

Which also raises questions about the ethics of Carthage leaking such information about a 'private' interview.

CaliRamRL6

I agree with you Ypsi but in this day and age, you have to assume that someone will run their mouth. It's sad but it's a reality.

Duhawkin

Our Defensive Backs coach (O'Brien) and D-Line coach (DuFrane) have left to pursue other coaching opportunities. No idea on any transfers, but we have had a lot of good recruits visiting from the Chicagoland area the past couple of weeks.

DutchFan2004

Quote from: CaliRamRL6 on January 21, 2013, 09:23:39 AM
I agree with you Ypsi but in this day and age, you have to assume that someone will run their mouth. It's sad but it's a reality.

Agree totally with you but if he was not smart enough to bite the hand that feeds him is he smart enough to be a head coach?  With media outlets and sites like D3.com I would think that a coach this day and age would parse his words so that he didn't make this type of blunder.  Assume that ever word you say will be repeted and published. 
Play with Passion  Coach Ron Schipper

DutchFan2004

Quote from: doolittledog on January 20, 2013, 08:44:28 AM
That Beschorner guy needs to get a head coaching job, pronto.  That's a boat load of kids to have on an assistants pay scale.  Unless his wife has a cushy job, that is!  You're right though, good looking family.

Maybe he is indepently wealthy already. :) :) :) :) He is wealthy from the "It's a wonderful life" point of view. 

Gray Fox

Quote from: DutchFan2004 on January 21, 2013, 06:31:22 PM

Agree totally with you but if he was not smart enough to bite the hand that feeds him is he smart enough to be a head coach?  With media outlets and sites like D3.com I would think that a coach this day and age would parse his words so that he didn't make this type of blunder.  Assume that ever word you say will be repeted and published.
If you look at the SCIAC page, you will see that the newest head coach has had his Facebook page analyzed in detail. :-X
Fierce When Roused

CaliRamRL6

Biting the hand that feeds him wasn't his best move. You're supposed to get the job and then you can gripe about previous employers. Even then, it's better to just be thankful for the resume builder and move on.

DutchFan2004

Quote from: Gray Fox on January 21, 2013, 08:53:48 PM

If you look at the SCIAC page, you will see that the newest head coach has had his Facebook page analyzed in detail. :-X

That is why it is best to keep your facebook page G rated and always assume that what you write will be seen by everyone.

doolittledog

I have heard 2 North Tama kids plan to play at Central next year.  One is 6'7 and plans to play football and basketball...younger brother of a current Central player.  I don't know anything about the other North Tama kid. 

3 kids from Union of La Porte City have visited, or will visit at Central soon.  The 1st kid is also looking at Dubuque and Wartburg.  2nd kid sounds like Central is where he wants to go.  3rd kid seems to just be starting his look see process.  That's all I've got for now. 

DutchFan2004

Quote from: doolittledog on January 25, 2013, 07:57:07 AM
I have heard 2 North Tama kids plan to play at Central next year.  One is 6'7 and plans to play football and basketball...younger brother of a current Central player.  I don't know anything about the other North Tama kid. 

3 kids from Union of La Porte City have visited, or will visit at Central soon.  The 1st kid is also looking at Dubuque and Wartburg.  2nd kid sounds like Central is where he wants to go.  3rd kid seems to just be starting his look see process.  That's all I've got for now.

Maybe the 6'7" kid is the next Vern DenHerder.  Wouldn't that be fun!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

doolittledog

Quote from: DutchFan2004 on January 25, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

Maybe the 6'7" kid is the next Vern DenHerder.  Wouldn't that be fun!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

He presents matchup problems on the football field with his height.  He played WR in high school.  Their game plan was basically to loft the ball up high and have him bring it in over the 5'10 DB going up against him.  He was a good basketball player and I was told was concentrating on that sport more the last couple of years.  Dubuque recruited him for basketball and they were hoping he might go there since his grandma lives 1 block from the UD campus.  I know the parents were saying last fall it would be nice if their boys were at the same school because it would be easier to make their games that way.  Looks like the opportunity to play both sports and to play with his brother again and make less travel for his parents won out.  Doesn't sound like Wartburg was in the mix which is odd because both his parents are alums. 

Fannosaurus Rex

Anyone have any good Super Bowl menu ideas?  My favorite thing to do is to get the biggest longest loaves of bread I can find and then make sandwiches people can saw off pieces of during the game.  I don't make any claims as to their lengths so no one can complain if my two footers are only twenty three inches. 
"It ain't what ya do, it's the way how ya do it.  It ain't what ya eat, it's the way how ya chew it."  Little Richard

DutchFan2004

Quote from: doolittledog on January 25, 2013, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: DutchFan2004 on January 25, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

He presents matchup problems on the football field with his height.  He played WR in high school.  Their game plan was basically to loft the ball up high and have him bring it in over the 5'10 DB going up against him.  He was a good basketball player and I was told was concentrating on that sport more the last couple of years.  Dubuque recruited him for basketball and they were hoping he might go there since his grandma lives 1 block from the UD campus.  I know the parents were saying last fall it would be nice if their boys were at the same school because it would be easier to make their games that way.  Looks like the opportunity to play both sports and to play with his brother again and make less travel for his parents won out.  Doesn't sound like Wartburg was in the mix which is odd because both his parents are alums.

I am not shocked at the reluctance of this student to not go to his parents almamatre.  Kids some of the time want to make breaks from their parents and blaze their own trail. 

DutchFan2004

Quote from: Fannosaurus Rex on January 30, 2013, 10:45:41 AM
Anyone have any good Super Bowl menu ideas?  My favorite thing to do is to get the biggest longest loaves of bread I can find and then make sandwiches people can saw off pieces of during the game.  I don't make any claims as to their lengths so no one can complain if my two footers are only twenty three inches.

I make nachos with ground beef, velveeta, and rotel tomatoes.  Love them!  I also bake up a big tray of pizza rolls.