WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

former rmcsid

Just to clarify -- Megan Silva's single-game record tonight (according to the records in the ODAC media guide coming into this season) was the percentage record. 

Previously the record was 13-for-13 free throws made in a game TWICE -- once by Rosse' Hopkins of Hollins vs. Wesleyan 1/12/01 and once by Brandi Cochran of Hollins vs. Randolph-Macon Woman's College 1/7/03.

former rmcsid

Some more stats from the Bridgewater at Randolph-Macon game . . .

For R-MC:
Megan Silva season and game-high 29 points, also five rebounds and game-highs of 6 assists and 5 steals
Kristin Thompson 14 points (a new career-high for her at R-MC this year) and 7 rebounds
Salem Shaffer 10 points, 4 assists
Michelle Orton 9 points, 7 rebounds

For BC:
Marsha Kinder 16 points, including 11-of-12 free throws (91.7%), plus 6 rebounds
Katy Herr 11 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
Shanon Scales 11 points, 4 assists
Amy Childs 8 points, game-high 10 rebounds
Rebecca Henderson 8 points, 5 rebounds

bcsportswriter

Lady Eagles played another good game tonite in the ODAC at home against Roanoke.  The Eagles won 59-45, and never let Roanoke within ten in the second half, despite turning the ball over 25 times on the night.  Marsha Kinder scored right at her season average, dropping 18, and three Eagles had 10 rebounds (Katy Herr, Amy Childs, and Rebecca Henderson).  Herr also had nine assists to go along with 7 points.  Not looking ahead, (well, I actually am) RMC will be in for a dogfight again when they come to Nininger this year.  Only losing by 8 on the road the other night showed the Eagles can play with the Yellow Jackets.  I cant wait to see that one.

former rmcsid

Final score from Ashland, Virginia Thursday, Dec. 8th:

Randolph-Macon College 77
Eastern Mennonite University 40

Turnovers:  62
(EMU 39, R-MC 23)

Fouls:  45
(R-MC 25, EMU 20)

For R-MC:
Megan Silva 22 points (20 in the first half on 8-of-9 shooting), 4 assists, 4 steals
Kristin Thompson 9 points, 5 rebounds
Lindsay Riesbeck 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists
Amanda Hiltunen 8 points
Michelle Orton 6 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals

For EMU:
Stephanie Mathews 12 points, 11 rebounds, 3 steals
Megan Seward 9 points (all on 3-pointers)
Amanda Renalds 7 rebounds

emufan

How were there 39 TO's for EMU?

Did RMC press or trap?  Were the forced TO's?  Good thing EMU got to the foul line.

Hopefully Lady Royals can get on track against VWC!

huskiect

Quote from: whitecaylxx on December 04, 2005, 07:52:20 PM
Why can Washington & Lee stay with top schools such as Randolph Macon and Mary Washington, but fold under a Virginia Wesleyan?  :o

There may be several teams folding under VWC this year. :o

huskiect

VWC picks up a good win on the road at EMU. They really never got started but did a great job to come back and win at a tough place.

hasanova

Congratulations to Guilford's Kristine Ellis for her school-record 44 points in yesterday's 104-95 Quaker victory over ODAC foe E&H.  Kristine broke the long-standing Guilford record of 43 held by my friend Elizabeth Parker '76.  In addition, the 104 points was the 3rd highest in school history and Jennifer King also "chipped in" 30. 

Go Quakers!

heinbball

hasanova

Quote from: heinbball on December 11, 2005, 05:55:04 PM
Thats a GREAT record.
Yes.  E. Parker was a great player and K. Ellis is just a 1st year college athlete - it'll be interesting to see how her career develops.

heinbball

How do you think she measures up with RMC's Silva?

hasanova

Quote from: heinbball on December 12, 2005, 09:11:47 PM
How do you think she measures up with RMC's Silva?
I think it's too early to say since she's a freshman, but I'd definitely give the edge to Silva right now.  Forty-four is a great total under any circumstances, but for now I attribute much of this game to the modified run & gun "system" ball E&H was playing.  Once you break their press, there are a lot of lay-ups.  I believe Eliis was 18 of 22 overall (mostly in the paint), 1 for 1 on three-pointers and 7 of 8 on FT's.   If she has some more games like this versus other competition then I think you can more clearly begin to see how she stands.

cnufan

It seems as tho the Quakers are playing very well of late, but what happened to them when they came to CNU?? It seems like its two different teams. Just curious.

hasanova

Quote from: Goose13 on December 14, 2005, 11:38:33 AM
It seems as tho the Quakers are playing very well of late, but what happened to them when they came to CNU?? It seems like its two different teams. Just curious.
I haven't seen them play enough this year to give you a definitive answer, but I know their bench is short this season.  The Quakers lost two games I know about (Greensboro and Waynesburg) when they led at the half.  Maybe it's taken a while for the many freshmen to be able to contribute.  Some players appear to be missing this year (such as Green) that added height to last year's team. 

odacbballfan

A team that no one has had much to say about is VWC. I haven't had a chance to see them play yet (I hope to after the holidays) but looking at what they have done so far is pretty impressive. Road wins at Roanoke, W&L, and EMU and a win against CNU before the break.  Of course if they take after their guys team the past few years they will come back form the break slow, fat, and lazy and fall apart at this point of the season. But if they do happen to come back on that same pace, then they could be looking at an interesting run before heading to BC. I'm not saying that they are as good as their record indicates just saying no one has really mentioned them much.