FB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFMichigan

I usually communicate on the North Region board, but I have a question about St. Scholastica (who played Concordia Chicago last Saturday).
     I knew that this is only their second year of playing intercollegiate football, but upon checking their online roster I noticed that basically their whole roster this year is made up of freshman and sophomores. I would have thought that before they played a varsity schedule that they might play a year or two of a "junior varsity" schedule.  I am assuming they did not do this, and that last year during their first year they played mainly only freshmen(?). If that was the case,  I would have to say that CSS's inaugural year of football was impressive despite only having one win.
     If someone could fill me in on their young program and school I would appreciate it (besides the fact that they have a first-rate baseball program).

Pat Coleman

Not many schools go the JV route before launching a varsity program.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AO

Just noticed something interesting on the Northwestern website.  They are hosting an internet chat session with head coach Kirk Talley starting at 11 this Friday.  Here's the link. 

gcfan

Congrats to Greenville on the win.....19 to 18 over Rose Hulman

humblepie

Eureka College is the best team in the umac conference and they will show it this year and years to come, the program has done a complete 360

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: humblepie on October 02, 2009, 09:28:43 PM
Eureka College is the best team in the umac conference and they will show it this year and years to come, the program has done a complete 360

Um... a 360 would put you facing exactly where you started!  You might want to try a 180. :D

[Or a 540 or 800, if you're not afraid of getting dizzy! ;)]

hickory_cornhusker

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 02, 2009, 09:55:41 PM
Quote from: humblepie on October 02, 2009, 09:28:43 PM

Um... a 360 would put you facing exactly where you started!  You might want to try a 180. :D

[Or a 540 or 800, if you're not afraid of getting dizzy! ;)]

I think you mean 900 in this case (360+360+180). 800 would send you wandering off into the wilderness.

gcfan

Congrats to Greenville on their 20 - 13 win at Eureka yesterday, GC is now 3-1 and 1-0 in conference

gcfan

at the half....Greenville 18 - MacMurray 8

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

gcfan

I was wondering that for a while myself....I live in Washington state and listened to the game online during my lunch break from work.  By the time I got off for the day, the game was over....I checked several sites...ie: the respective schools, the UMAC website, d3football.com......finally I did the score on the scoreboard page this AM.

Hawks88

Just wanted to give a hats off to the Greenville team for today's game. Even down in the 4th quarter, the sideline was still cheering/chanting for the guys on the field. I was very impressed by the spirit they showed to the end. You've got a group you can really be proud of.

gcfan

Congrats to All the UMAC teams on Dome Day......way to go Greenville on their 26 - 20 win over Northwestern!

AO

I think we've got ourselves a football conference here.   I was just watching the webcast here and there, but I sure can't remember a dome day with this many close, well-played games. 

Pat Coleman

It would be difficult for games to be much closer than they were -- a combined 17 points. At the end of regulation, 11 points separated the 10 teams in the five games. An excellent day of football -- I never felt like the day was dragging or was too long.