MBB: Little East

Started by diiih00ps, January 25, 2005, 12:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECSUalum

Tarchee Brown has been named LEC Player of the Year, Carlos Gonzalez has been named the LEC Defensive Player of the Year, and Coach Geitner has been named the LEC Coach of the Year!

Congratulations to Tarchee, Carlos and Coach Geitner!!!!!

ECSUalum

In a packed Geissler Gym, ECSU defeats Johnson and Wales 75-59 in what was a close game until the last 3 minutes! Eastern held J&W to 19 points under their scoring average,  Carlos Gonzales was fantastic scoring 18 points and with tenacious D had 5 steals.  He remains in the top 3 in the country in steals!  Tarchee Brown  had 11 boards and 15 points,  Fy Cory Muckle 12 points and sharpshooter Kendal Marquez lead with 20.  J&W top scorer Brian Hogan-Gary fouled out halfway through the second half and with 6 points.  Randle Ferdinand and Jerell Lawson each had 16.  FG/3PT/FT % were 42/42/69 and 37/20/73 for Eastern and J&W resp.
Eastern had a special spectator tonight: 3 time UCONN national Champion coach Jim Calhoun!! 
ECSU vs Middlebury tomorrow!  Should be a good one ;D

AllStar

Congratulations to ECSU.  Should be a good one tomorrow night!

ECSUalum

Congrats to the ECSU seniors (Tarchee, Kendall, Jake, Jacob, Brendan), on fine careers and who played their hearts out tonight along with Cory, Carlos, and Jake, but just could not keep up with a better Middlebury Panther team.  Congrats to all the Warriors for fine season! 

AllStar

AllStar

Fun conversing on here for another season!  I hope everyone has a good spring and summer!

With the Little East season completed after last night, here are the seniors on each team:

Eastern Connecticut:  Tarchee Brown, Collin Jordan, Brenden Young, Kendall Marquez, Jacob Collins

Keene State:  Dizel Wright, Carlos Ovalle

UMass-Boston:  James Hawkins Jr., Iser Barnes, Dan Powers, Kevin Louis-Jean

Western Connecticut:  None

UMass-Dartmouth:  Joshua Imadiyi, Matthew Soule, Derek Pinto, Brandon Bousquet

Rhode Island College:  Malcolm Smith, Roosevelt Shider

Southern Maine:  Christian McCue, Donne Agossou, Cam Scott, Evan McElwain

Plymouth State:  Collin Sullivan, Kieran Beck

ECSUalum

Quote from: AllStar on March 04, 2018, 10:14:14 PM
Fun conversing on here for another season!  I hope everyone has a good spring and summer!

With the Little East season completed after last night, here are the seniors on each team:

Eastern Connecticut:  Tarchee Brown, Collin Jordan, Brenden Young, Kendall Marquez, Jacob Collins

Keene State:  Dizel Wright, Carlos Ovalle

UMass-Boston:  James Hawkins Jr., Iser Barnes, Dan Powers, Kevin Louis-Jean

Western Connecticut:  None

UMass-Dartmouth:  Joshua Imadiyi, Matthew Soule, Derek Pinto, Brandon Bousquet

Rhode Island College:  Malcolm Smith, Roosevelt Shider

Southern Maine:  Christian McCue, Donne Agossou, Cam Scott, Evan McElwain

Plymouth State:  Collin Sullivan, Kieran Beck
Allstar great job with the graphic again this year! See you over on D3Baseball   :)

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

ECSUalum

Eastern Connecticut State University senior forward Tarchee Brown (Rockville) has been selected as the program's first NABC (National Association of Basketball Coaches') Northeast District Player-of-the-Year. Also, Head Coach Bill Geitner was honored as District Coach-of-the-Year for the second time in eight years after leading Eastern to a record 26-4 this season   Congratulations  Coach and Tarchee!!

AllStar

Congratulations to both of the honorees you mention ECSUalum!  I'd also like to congratulate Ty Nichols for his honors...hoping for big things from him in his upcoming senior season (and of course the rest of the Owls).

http://keeneowls.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/releases/20180313ry6136

ECSUalum

Quote from: AllStar on March 15, 2018, 02:22:11 PM
Congratulations to both of the honorees you mention ECSUalum!  I'd also like to congratulate Ty Nichols for his honors...hoping for big things from him in his upcoming senior season (and of course the rest of the Owls).

http://keeneowls.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/releases/20180313ry6136

Congrats Ty Nichols for another outstanding season and your honors!

wcsu91

LECFAN32

Coach Rancourt will do a great job. Metro recruiting connections along with in state tuition will bolster roster. I hear the Nichols college coach has gotten the RIC job. Has had success but LEC different then CCC

7express

I had a brain freeze moment for a second there when I saw the Western schedule and was like "why are we playing Eastern in the first week of December??  Is that a mistake??  Did they want to schedule an extra out of conference game for some reason??"  Than I realized it was a necessity since Castleton is joining this year.  And at least this year that really hurt Western.  Here are there first games in January, tell me if you see a pattern:
Jan 5: @ Castleton
January 8: @ Southern Maine
January 10: @ Dartmouth
January 12: vs Plymouth.

I know that will be winter break and all but that is a lot of traveling.  1 thing to note to: the 8th & 10th are both weekdays (Tuesday & Thursday) and each game is scheduled in the afternoon for whatever reason why I do not know and probably don't want to know.  So knowing what I said above:
Castleton is probably going to be an overnight since it's over 3.5 hours so they leave on the 4th get back late on the 5th.
USM is definitely an overnight trip, but maybe being a 1 & 3 PM start you can make that a day trip.  I wouldn't want to do that, but if they have to stay overnight in Castleton it could save a bit of money.  And then what do you do in between that 1 travel day??  Obviously if the Dartmouth game was at home it wouldn't be an issue, but do you go back only to leave 36 hours later??  Since school's not in session, do you stay on the road like the UAA teams do in season, but those schools have a lot more endowment that allows them to do that then a state school does.   I'm wondering if that Thursday game doesn't get changed to a home game by the time the season starts.

amh63

7....nice to hear from you!  It's been awhile.  Hope all is well with you...work, coaching, etc.  will look for your posts here and elsewhere when the basketball season arrives.  Take care :)