WBB: Middle Atlantic Conference board archive

Started by delvalfan, July 13, 2005, 06:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madh

Well the new site certainly is an upgrade from the old! Congratulations to the developers!  Looking forward to the new season. Anyone have any word on who LVC might be bringing in?

ronk

Bob,
    Are you able to release the info on the Kings' women recruits, yet?
       ronk

bziadie

Tuesday, August 30 - King's announces the hiring of former East Stroudsburg University assistant coach Brian Donoghue as the new head coach of the Lady Monarch program. 

The full story can be read at www.kings.edu/athletics or on this site when Pat decides to post it.

adkfan

Hope the players are pumped  nice announcement Re: new coach  Won't be hard to remember his name   :D
Will be ever watchful of the site as we open yet another year of outstanding women's basketball.   
Thanks Bob for your patience with a curious fan   see you at first home game At KINGS
ADK

bziadie

Ronk:

I was only able to get information on two of the four recruits.  I always preface this type of post by saying the following information is not a declaration of any players' talent or how it translates to the next level.......

The first is Brittany Atzert, 6-0 forward/center from Delran H.S. in NJ. Averaged 12 points, seven boards, and 2.4 assists as a senior. Was named a Burlington County Scholastic League all-star.  Was recruited by several schools, including Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, Messiah, and Muhlenberg. She was recruited by King's new coach Brian Donoghue while he was at ESU last year.

The second is Kaitlyn Fiorino, a 5-8 guard from Immaculate High School in NJ.  Averaged 15 points, 5.5 rebounds and three assists with 44 three-pointers as a senior. Was first-team all-Somerset County, first-team all-Skyland Conference, and first-team all-area.

The other two players are Sarah Darling, a 5-11 forward from Lancaster Catholic, and Brittany Brooks, a 5-7 guard from Williamsport High School.  Both are players Coach Whitten liked when he recruited them. Having watched a little pick-up this week, I think Brooks reminds me a little of Nikki Kingston the way she moves and plays the game athletically. The shot even looks similar. Darling looks like a physically strong player from what I saw and looks to be an inside/outside type player similar to that of a Beth Jordan where she can step out and hit the medium range shot.

It was nice to see the players working out before the start of classes - shows they are serious.  Now the team can move forward start to get to know Coach D.

Pat Coleman

Geez, bob, cut me some slack. I had it posted as soon as I could, once I downloaded the 6 MB photo, trimmed the release down to front-page length, etc. :)

I know I had it posted by 5:15, when I went to pick up my daughter from her friend's house. It's not a matter of "decides to post" as much as "gets a chance to post" -- I'm not on the clock 24 hours a day, as much as it seems like it. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bziadie

Pat:

I think you mistakenly took my post as a criticsm when that was not the intent at all.  I know you are a busy guy so I was just saying that until you had the chance to post it since you are a busy guy, people could read it on the King's web site.  I know your life does not revolve around this web site so I did not have any ill-conceived notions that you should drop everything to post it. That was why I figured I would let people know it was up on our site...

BZ

Pat Coleman

Nah, man, I put the two smilies in the post to make sure it looked like I wasn't serious. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

kate

Ah, gee whiz, can not wait for this season to start!  Welcome Brian with an "i"

adkfan

saratoga

I just gave a ride to a displaced Voodoo princess, and for 39.99 she swore the MAC Freedom would finish: Scranton, Drew, Kings, FDU,Desales,DelVal., Lyco & Wilkes. She also said Marie Antoinette was never beheaded...and actually lived in Wyalusing,Pa. for another 17 years & her decendents are still in this area. Really impressive info. for the price. Au reviour!!!

kate

Is that the same VooDoo princess who said that the levees would hold?

saratoga

Kate: For 39.99 you only get so much correct  info. What's the word on DVC rookies?

ronk

bziadie,
       thanks for the update on the kings' recruits.
                  ronk

Knightstalker

Never listen to the VooDoo princess for 39.99, everyone knows "if it keeps on raining the levees going to break."

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).