BB: D-3 Players in minor leagues/MLB

Started by Spence, September 11, 2007, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Boerger

Colorado

As I understand it, Rauh asked for 100K. The Nats said sure but it would come as 50K (bonus) plus 50K for college should he go back to finish up some day. He came back with a "I already can afford to go back to college" but would accept it if  the Nats drafted his brother. A pitcher as well in D-2, his brother was once clocked at 97 so it wasnt a far fetched request. While he waited for their reply, the Cards drafted his brother the next day. Rauh then signed. When asked later, Rauh said he got what he wanted which he always said was all cash up front. Most kids in that situation might have said "where do I sign?" but not Rauh. Tough personality. Confident enough to try to work the angles. Before he settled in at High A (Potomac) a few weeks back, they brought him up to AA for a game on an emergency basis and he got a 4 inning save. They are apparently pleased with his progress.

Ron Boerger

Ben was promoted to Class A Advanced Bakersfield today.   He was 3-0 with 5 saves and a 2.60 ERA in Dayton.

Mr. Ypsi

Jordan Zimmermann gets his 12th win tonight to tie Max Scherzer for the MLB lead.  With 4 shutout innings, his ERA was right down near the NL best, then he gave up 2 ERs in the 5th, and 2 solo HRs in the 6th, leaving with 4 ERs in 6 innings.  I'd say he is still the leading candidate for NL starting pitcher in the All-Star Game. 

I'd absolutely love it: a Tiger vs. a d3 guy!!  My loyalties would be largely torn, though I'd root for both to strike out everyone except for Miggy getting a HR off Jordan. ;)

CrashDavisD3

This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

sflzman

Alma LHP Jose Velez just signed a minor league deal
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare

108 Stitches

Heat23

motorman

Heidelberg OF Ricardo Lizcano was traded on July 5 from the Lake Erie Crushers to the Evansville Otters of the Independent Frontier League. The change seems to agree with him as he is hitting .381 with the Otters.

cubs

So what happened to Ricky Nelson and his updates?  I see his old handle of "Osh Dude" is now listed as a "Guest."

Anyone know?
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Bishopleftiesdad

I was wondering the same thing. I hope it is because now he is an AD or assistant AD someplace.

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: motorman on July 13, 2013, 01:18:10 PM
Heidelberg OF Ricardo Lizcano was traded on July 5 from the Lake Erie Crushers to the Evansville Otters of the Independent Frontier League. The change seems to agree with him as he is hitting .381 with the Otters.
Glad to hear he is doing well with the Otters.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: cubs on August 17, 2013, 07:27:23 AM
So what happened to Ricky Nelson and his updates?  I see his old handle of "Osh Dude" is now listed as a "Guest."

Anyone know?

Ricky has stepped away for the summer.  I too miss his insights on the professional stage.

Bishopleftiesdad