FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRIZ_BACKER

Quote from: USee on September 15, 2016, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: smedindy on September 14, 2016, 07:15:14 PM
I just think it's interesting that so many teams in the Top 10 were missing on at least one ballot. Parity? Or something else?

I think its a lack of data. 11 of the 17 teams getting votes have played only one game.  North Central, IWU, Franklin have played non D3 opponents up to now and several other teams have either new coaches or graduate a ton of players so we don't know that much about them. I would think over the next couple weeks we settle into about 10-11 teams that make up the top 10 and a majority are on everyone's ballot is some way.

I certainly respect your logic re: Franklin. Other than Mount they are the only other near "sure thing" to win out the rest of the season.  9-0 against D3 and 8-0 in the region will garner more than outside the top 10. I think that 4-5 slot is more in line with reality.  Could go higher as many of these teams still have to play each other.  Going to be a fun season.  Depauw entering the picture this year may change the pecking order.  My take is they are more stout than Albion.   NCAC has some good games lined up.
HCAC Champions 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

wally_wabash

Quote from: GRIZ_BACKER on September 16, 2016, 08:43:25 AM
Quote from: USee on September 15, 2016, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: smedindy on September 14, 2016, 07:15:14 PM
I just think it's interesting that so many teams in the Top 10 were missing on at least one ballot. Parity? Or something else?

I think its a lack of data. 11 of the 17 teams getting votes have played only one game.  North Central, IWU, Franklin have played non D3 opponents up to now and several other teams have either new coaches or graduate a ton of players so we don't know that much about them. I would think over the next couple weeks we settle into about 10-11 teams that make up the top 10 and a majority are on everyone's ballot is some way.

I certainly respect your logic re: Franklin. Other than Mount they are the only other near "sure thing" to win out the rest of the season.  9-0 against D3 and 8-0 in the region will garner more than outside the top 10. I think that 4-5 slot is more in line with reality.  Could go higher as many of these teams still have to play each other.  Going to be a fun season.  Depauw entering the picture this year may change the pecking order.  My take is they are more stout than Albion.   NCAC has some good games lined up.

DePauw is a better side than Albion.  I don't think that's really disputable. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Mr. Ypsi

wally, I'm eager to see the NRFP!  Time to start pistol-whipping the voters! ;D

While I had 4-5 teams JUST outside the Top 10, I didn't find this week's vote very hard.  (Though I may have lost my 'Titan Nation' card - they're gone. :()

wally_wabash

Still a couple to go, Mr. Y.  Should have everything in tomorrow.  Teaser- we won't have 17 teams get votes this week.  :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

USee

Another teaser--I only voted for 10

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: USee on September 19, 2016, 09:35:22 PM
Another teaser--I only voted for 10

What an amazing coincidence - so did I! ;D

FCGrizzliesGrad

I guess since we're all doing teasers... I may have gone with Mount Union at #1 :o
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on September 19, 2016, 10:26:19 PM
I guess since we're all doing teasers... I may have gone with Mount Union at #1 :o

You heathen - I had Franklin as #1! ;D

Li'l Giant

Sorry for holding everyone up. I finally got my ballot in.

"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

DPU3619

GRIZ_BACKER

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 19, 2016, 11:06:42 PM
Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on September 19, 2016, 10:26:19 PM

You heathen - I had Franklin as #1! ;D

That "struggle" with the Defiance Yellowjackets carried more weight than I thought.   :)
Modify message
HCAC Champions 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

wally_wabash

Week 3 NRFP- Things have calmed down a bit here after last weekend's key games in the CCIW and OAC. 

The NRFP is voted on by: Captain_Joe08, Dr. Acula, FCGrizzliesGrad, Li'l Giant, Mr Ypsi, NCF,  smedindy, USee, and wally wabash.

Mr. Ypsi

Three (mild) surprises to me:

Someone still voted for IWU - and it wasn't me!  (And that that same voter still had Wheaton above NCC.)

The collapse of support for JCU.  It may not have been an impressive win over BW, but it WAS a win. ;)

That Olivet received ZERO votes (I'd have them #11).  Yes, they were destroyed AT St. John Fisher, but that just might be a top 15 team.

smedindy

Lakeland and Benedictine are better than anyone in the MIAA, I believe.

Beating BW gave me a sense JCU just let the Oshkosh game get away from them. I think an 8-2 second place OAC team probably will sit out this year.

Wally mixed up the rankings this time...

USee

I am quite surprised by Franklin at 2 with a non competitive loss (albeit to Butler). I don't have a problem with them anywhere from 4-10 but higher than that seems steep.

I lost all faith in the OAC below Mount. I kept JCU in at the bottom as glimmer of promise. Looking forward to Witt/Wabash to help sort the NCAC.