FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scots13

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 24, 2018, 11:49:22 AM
Quote from: Hawks88 on January 24, 2018, 11:47:36 AM
Quote from: Scots13 on January 24, 2018, 11:28:32 AM
Quote from: Hawks88 on January 24, 2018, 10:41:51 AM
I was checking to see who had schedules posted and BSC has one posted with only 9 games with Huntingdon as the only non-conf. No LaGrange week one. Is that just an over-sight or are they not playing? I went to BSC's website and they still have the '17 schedule showing but I changed the dates in the URL to 18-19 and same 9 game schedule with no LaGrange that is posted here comes up. I can't imagine why either team would want to drop that game.
/
The schedule on d3football.com shows BSC and LaGrange are playing 8/30
It was updated since I posted. Also updated on their website.

Look at that -- it was indeed posted at 11:16 a.m. ET.

Ah, the miracle of time stamps. ;D
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Ron Boerger

Trinity hasn't updated their web site, but they did announce next year's schedule on Instagram (last week, I am so bad at Instagram):

TLU - Scrimmage TBD
@McMurry, August 30
HSU, Sep 8

Conference:
Millsaps, Sep 15
BSC, Sep 29
@Rhodes, Oct 6
@Centre, Oct 13
Sewanee, Oct 20 (Alumni Weekend)
@Hendrix, Oct 27
@Austin, Nov 3
Berry, Nov 10

Ron Boerger

Brant McAdams, Trinity defensive coordinator and linebacker coach is leaving to take the head position at Pacific Lutheran (at least according to a brief note on the TU PAWS facebook page).   

Ron Boerger

Another Trinity assistant is leaving; OC Matt Uzsell is leaving to be head coach at his high school alma mater, San Antonio McCollum:   http://trinitytigers.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/180222_uzzell

They say bad news comes in threes .... hope not.

albatross

Hope the Tigers can continue building the program with new coordinators. I have heard that a couple other SAA coordinators might also have some other opportunities...

Quote from: Ron Boerger on February 22, 2018, 03:46:22 PM
Another Trinity assistant is leaving; OC Matt Uzsell is leaving to be head coach at his high school alma mater, San Antonio McCollum:   http://trinitytigers.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/180222_uzzell

They say bad news comes in threes .... hope not.

albatross

Even though I played for a rival team that battled Berry for championships in my last two years, I have to admit the 2017 season ring with the blue effect looks pretty cool! Attached for your viewing pleasure...

Hawks88

Quote from: albatross on April 06, 2018, 10:27:34 AM
Even though I played for a rival team that battled Berry for championships in my last two years, I have to admit the 2017 season ring with the blue effect looks pretty cool! Attached for your viewing pleasure...
I like that a lot. That's a really nice ring there.

albatross

Uni Watch 2018: Berry's helmet stripe to be metallic for the upcoming season...

albatross

Even more Uni Watch! Hendrix is pulling itself out of the dark ages with a new Adidas contract. Are there any teams left in the SAA (or neighboring conferences) that still use Russell Athletic??

Scots13

Maryville signed a contract with Adidas and wore them last year. Not too happy with the way the uniforms turned out. Not exactly the correct shade of garnet.
Didn't Russell annouce they were getting out of the uni-business? Not too much of a choice for schools to go to the Big 3 now. Can't get replacements for worn out jerseys.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

albatross

Adidas and Under Armor are usually the best options for D3 and D2 schools (I know that those were the two that HDX was battling between). You can get a higher quality and more custom look for a lower price.

Nike doesn't exactly pan out well for schools with D3 budgets (for example, Berry's uniforms often operate at a more high school template - but the helmets make up for that). I think that is why you see Rhodes, Centre, Sewanee, Austin College, and Hendrix use Adidas.

I can't think off the top of my head who BSC and Millsaps use, though I think both are Nike (Millsaps was the most recent school other than HDX to ditch Russell).

Berry and Trinity have Nike, though I would argue that Trinity has been able to get a more custom, Texas look out of their deal...

Scots13

I think BSC had Russell and moved to Nike a couple years ago.
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Ron Boerger

Quote from: albatross on April 09, 2018, 10:47:04 AM
[...]
Berry and Trinity have Nike, though I would argue that Trinity has been able to get a more custom, Texas look out of their deal...

As someone who grew up in San Antonio, it is probably less concerned with stereotypical Texan imagery than most urban areas in the state.   The significant combination of Spanish, German, and Mexican cultures that informed the region combined with the sizable military presence since WW I probably have something to do with that.   

Trinity switched all their athletic gear to Nike a few years ago, and I imagine they are getting exactly what they want from the relationship.

albatross

I would agree with this, Ron! I am from North Texas myself but I love San Antonio. We have dear friends that work in San Antonio but choose to live in Boerne. I think that area is absolutely beautiful...

Quote from: Ron Boerger on April 09, 2018, 02:53:39 PM
Quote from: albatross on April 09, 2018, 10:47:04 AM
[...]

As someone who grew up in San Antonio, it is probably less concerned with stereotypical Texan imagery than most urban areas in the state.   The significant combination of Spanish, German, and Mexican cultures that informed the region combined with the sizable military presence since WW I probably have something to do with that.   

Trinity switched all their athletic gear to Nike a few years ago, and I imagine they are getting exactly what they want from the relationship.

albatross

Hendrix schedule finalized. In-state rivalry game with NAIA Lyon and a road trip to TLU make up the non-conference.

Notable that the Warriors get to host Centre, Berry, AND Trinity in Conway...