LL in game updates

Started by labart96, September 12, 2009, 11:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Not I. Impressive performance.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

unionpalooza

Quote from: UfanBill on September 15, 2018, 04:31:40 PM
Now 45-10 U.Who would have thunk it.

As Pat notes, an impressive day for Union.   After falling down 10 early on some poor mistakes, turned on the jets and didn't look back, holding Springfield to 126 yards of offense on the day.  The Union offense was pretty out of sync, but Andre Ross Jr. remains almost uncoverable and they were able to pile up points with the big play.  (And that was with ARJ dropping an sure 75 yard TD early!). Still a very young team with lots of mistakes to work out, and harder tests to come, but a good day for the Dutchmen. 

Bartman

I am dizzy watching the Shenandoah -Hobart game at 35-34 with plenty of time left in the half. These are very good offenses and sub par defenses. The first team to 70 wins :o
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

pumkinattack

Don't know if you heard bartman but Conschafter left the team, a week after Wheeler did. 

D has been atrocious.  Need to have four men down and blitz an occasional LB

pumkinattack

Reid Crobok needs to go.  Kid was ejected out of two straight games, last week up 40 something points for throwing a kids helmet across the field.  Total moron and bad teammate.  Not a team player.

Bartman

Quote from: pumkinattack on September 15, 2018, 08:40:09 PM
Don't know if you heard bartman but Conschafter left the team, a week after Wheeler did. 

D has been atrocious.  Need to have four men down and blitz an occasional LB
Not sure what is going on with the defense. Wheeler was awesome when he wasn't hurt last year . Now Conschafter is gone. Jedh Downey transfer really hurt and he isn't even playing football at Fordham. Rushing two was stupid ...we should have put pressure on Bauserman and mixed it up with blitzes a lot more. Went to 3 down lineman and heavy rotation in second half, which worked better , but still played scared of Bauserman the whole game. Don't get me wrong, I thing Bauserman is pretty awesome, but the first half he looked like he was throwing like it was Friday practice . On offense, I am happy with pass protection and passing game, but against IC, RPI and Union we have to have Harvey. Run blocking has been spotty , but Harvey can make something out of nothing. Heard Harvey hurt his ankle in week one, then at Thursday before week two he injured his hamstring....really need him healthy for the LL season because it looks like we will have to outscore everyone with the current state of the defense. Anyway, I thought we would be 2-1 at this point, but we need some playmakers to step up on defense if we have any chance for the LL title. Totally agree about Crobrok, he had some real issues last year as well.....we don't need that kind of behavior ....let's see what DeWall does.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

pumkinattack

Through 3 games, 29 penalties for 274 yards.  That's basically 10/91 per game we're handing over.  And 1ejectjom per game.  Two of the three games were total blowouts as well. For a team giving up 55% (22/40)  on 3rd down conversions that's killer.

ITH radio

Quote from: pumkinattack on September 15, 2018, 09:13:56 PM
Reid Crobok needs to go.  Kid was ejected out of two straight games, last week up 40 something points for throwing a kids helmet across the field.  Total moron and bad teammate.  Not a team player.

He was ejected on Saturday, but not against SUNY-Mo. Did get flagged twice for unsportsmanlike penalties, but I didn't see an ejection in the BX. Regardless, not exactly Statesmen-like behavior, so I agree he needs to clean up his act.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

UfanBill

Union 28-0 over a game Curry at the half. Dutchmen just too strong.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Caz Bombers

7-0 IC leads SJF after 1 quarter

Ice Bear

Union up 42-0 10min left in the third quarter.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Caz Bombers

14-0 halftime lead for Ithaca at Fisher

Caz Bombers

21-7 Bombers after 3 quarters but Fisher in business with first down at the IC 12 yard line to start 4Q

Caz Bombers

Ithaca calls some incredibly dumb plays on 2nd and 3rd downs, good thing Fisher's coach graduated from the Andy Reid College of Clock Management.

Personal foul on SJF following a pick on 3rd and long makes it as good as a punt for Ithaca. Under 2 minutes to go Cards take over inside their own 10 down 21-14.

boobyhasgameyo

Fisher is just waiting to use those timeouts for next week against Brockport.