MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WUPHF

By the way, Twitter has Shea Feehan visiting the University of Missouri-Kansas City this weekend.

There must be a Division I school that needs his talents for one season.

In my mind, this is the right move for Feehan, especially if he can get a scholarship for graduate study.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: WUPHF on April 05, 2018, 05:15:47 PM
Westminster also graduates Stu Hollandsworth, if I remember correctly.

The interesting questions: does Jimmy Villalobos and Romo Tabb return?

If they both were to return, I would say they are the class of the SLIAC next season.

The SLIAC site had him as a junior. I then checked the Westminster site and they have him as a senior. Poo!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: WUPHF on April 05, 2018, 06:18:49 PM
By the way, Twitter has Shea Feehan visiting the University of Missouri-Kansas City this weekend.

There must be a Division I school that needs his talents for one season.

In my mind, this is the right move for Feehan, especially if he can get a scholarship for graduate study.

I wish Feehan the best, but I also wish he'd stay at Eureka!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

WUPHF

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on April 05, 2018, 08:42:04 PM
The SLIAC site had him as a junior. I then checked the Westminster site and they have him as a senior. Poo!

I have never seen a roster change so frequently as I have the Westminster roster.

OK, it looks like Hollandsworth was listed as a freshmen in 2015-2016 making him a junior this season regardless of what the roster says.  He was not recognized as part of senior day, but Villalobos was, that answers that.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

DeGeorge could be an interesting pick. He's installed the Grinnell System in Rhodes; it'd be fascinating to see someone try to install it in a WIAC program.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Shea Feehan picked up an offer from Division I Bryant University.

I think he gets a few more before he commits.

Time to clear him from the fantasy league rosters.

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on May 07, 2018, 02:54:23 PM
Shea Feehan picked up an offer from Division I Bryant University.

I think he gets a few more before he commits.

Time to clear him from the fantasy league rosters.
Bryant- as bad as it gets in D1...  3-28 last year, far far from Eureka Ill.  I just don't think Feehan would be a happy camper. If D1  for a year is the ultimate goal, why not at least take a shot at the Centra area, ie. Ill, Ky, Mo, Mi, etc. 
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Gregory Sager

Worse, it's a two-year commitment for only one year of basketball, since NCAA rules would force him to redshirt in 2018-19 if he transferred to a D1 school.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 10, 2018, 09:25:27 PM
Worse, it's a two-year commitment for only one year of basketball, since NCAA rules would force him to redshirt in 2018-19 if he transferred to a D1 school.

Maybe his dream was always to play D1?  :D
Maybe he thinks going to a D1 might help him get an oversees pro contract? 🤔
Or maybe one of those recruiting services, which seem to have really proliferated lately, got ahold of him and told him they could hook him up with a D1 (no matter how crappy or distant from home), which would increase his exposure and help him get that overseas contract when his college career ends. For a small fee of course. 😲
Or D) None of the above.  ::)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

He's a graduate.  You don't have to sit out if you have a diploma.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

WUPHF

Shea Feehan picked up a scholarship offer from Evansville: http://verbalcommits.com/players/shea-feehan

They were 17-15 and 7-11 in the Missouri Valley last season.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on May 11, 2018, 06:47:31 AM

Ah. I didn't realize that he had graduated. Thanks.

hopefan

Quote from: WUPHF on May 11, 2018, 10:35:03 AM
Shea Feehan picked up a scholarship offer from Evansville: http://verbalcommits.com/players/shea-feehan

They were 17-15 and 7-11 in the Missouri Valley last season.
EVANSVILLE!!!
That's what I'm talking about!!!
VERY EXCITING NEWS FOR SLIAC AND D3 FANS!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 11, 2018, 11:08:50 AM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on May 11, 2018, 06:47:31 AM

Ah. I didn't realize that he had graduated. Thanks.

Eureka doesn't offer graduate degrees, so I hope Evansville has something he's at least interested in pursuing.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere