FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerguy

Is anyone getting audio on the Trinity game or is something just wrong with my computer?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: tigerguy on September 24, 2016, 11:45:59 PM
Is anyone getting audio on the Trinity game or is something just wrong with my computer?

Hah -- I didn't have any audio either. Glad it wasn't just me.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ron Boerger

Trinity loses 19-17 after missing a 47-yard FG (wide left) on the last play of the game.   That was one of three missed FGs on the night for the Tigers. 

Coolrey

TLU has improved and I think will have a good chance of winning the conference championship.  Won't be easy, but is certainly possible. 

DFWCrufan

I wrote the the Information Director at Chapman last night about the audio, I hoped it would be addressed. Hopefully they will have things in hand going forward
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

RunTheTrap

I thought that AC had a chance against SAGU (even with the 1 hour weather delay). But all the turnovers were just too much to overcome. They will not be able to afford mistakes (turnovers, penalties) if they want a chance to compete in conference play.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: RunTheTrap on September 29, 2016, 12:18:37 PM
I thought that AC had a chance against SAGU (even with the 1 hour weather delay). But all the turnovers were just too much to overcome. They will not be able to afford mistakes (turnovers, penalties) if they want a chance to compete in conference play.
I did too.

RunTheTrap

Here is my non-scientific prediction for AC vs SU in Georgetown on Saturday. The first team to get 24 points will win. AC averages 22 ppg and SU averages 18 ppg. Watch me be completely wrong on this. 

Coolrey

TLU stuck it to Trinity...I knew they would rally up and perform well.  Trinity is not UMHB or even Hardin-Simmons....TLU, if they focus every day and "refuse to lose" from this point forward, will win the conference championship.  Very proud of Coach Padron and his staff....lost a ton of leadership from last couple of years but are in a position to win the title again.  Hope they rally up and get this done!

Ron Boerger

It certainly didn't help Trinity losing Evan McDowell (who had rushed for almost 500 yards in the first four games) on the second offensive series, but the real killer was four turnovers (to none recovered).   Pretty surprising to stay within ten when you turn over the ball that much and end the game with a QB forced into the first non-garbage time duty of his career when starter Austin Grauer was lost to injury.   The game was still somewhat in question prior to the injury with Trinity trailing by eight with the ball midway through the fourth quarter. 

The injury to McDowell didn't look as serious as the one Grauer suffered, but hopefully they're both back for the rematch.   A greatly improved Southwestern might have something to say about that conference championship, too.   

RunTheTrap

Southwestern basically scored at will against AC and put up 600 + yards of total offense. There is no doubt in my mind that SU is the most improved team in the conference. AC is going backwards. It will be interesting to see how the race for the conference championship plays out.   

Coolrey

Great article on TLU's Danny Padron.  He indicates that this could be his last season.  What a job he and his staff have done in the time they have been there.  I hope the team plays with spirit and inspiration for the rest of this season in honor of their head coach and secures the final SCAC championship.  A good, humble, faithful coach who does it the right way and is doing it for the right reasons.  Good luck this week to TLU.

http://d3football.com/columns/around-the-region/south/2016/TLU-first-win-is-historic-one

crufootball

Quote from: Royal85 on October 12, 2016, 09:20:25 AM
Great article on TLU's Danny Padron.  He indicates that this could be his last season.  What a job he and his staff have done in the time they have been there.  I hope the team plays with spirit and inspiration for the rest of this season in honor of their head coach and secures the final SCAC championship.  A good, humble, faithful coach who does it the right way and is doing it for the right reasons.  Good luck this week to TLU.

http://d3football.com/columns/around-the-region/south/2016/TLU-first-win-is-historic-one

Coach Padron has done a fine job of building that program, any guesses or hopes for his replacement?

Coolrey

Not at this point.  The focus is on winning the conference championship.  If he does decide for certain to retire, I trust the University will consider its options and make the best choice.  But that is down the road.

scaccommish

To celebrate 55 years of College Athletic Conference/Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference football, the league office is releasing the top players and moments for each current conference member, culminating with the release of the all-time CAC/SCAC football team.

This Friday, we look at the top players and moments from Austin College:

http://scacsports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/austin_moments_players