MBB: Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference

Started by upb88, March 04, 2005, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballfan

dballer..you're right..and one other that you  missed of Altoona's players is Brandon Battles..now that kid was the whole package..Watched him play for four years and every year he improved his game..had a sweet shot from about 15' and hard to guard..my son normally in the later years had that pleasure after Beacom left...But I give him alot of credit, Brandon was a great player and a credit to the DIII programs..you mentioned alot of great players and I had the pleasure of watching them all play...so thanks for bringing back some memories..I miss this game

Stu23...good luck to Ethan...he will be a senior right?  if so, you enjoy and have a great senior year..it is tough after its over..still going through withdrawal

stu23

Cash$$$ - I find it hard to believe that you are a starter - real players don't diss others by calling them garbage - unless they're "garbage" themselves - my point in comparing Ethan and Reggie was made since you were criticising Ethan's shot - thier stats were very close both games.

Ballfan - yes, he'll be a senior and thanks for the nice wishes - I feel withdrawal aready!!

cash$$$

ballfan

Ok..now we know your name..and understand that you did play ball for Hilbert.  I know that we played @ Hilbert my sons senior year. Now that was 2 years ago so my memory isnt real fresh. I am not good with remembering every player from the other team..do remember Gioia...
but this is the first year year for you to be in the AMCC..so thats a short period of time to make judgement about players that you might have seen only twice..In my opinion.

Stu23...well I will keep an eye on the teams next year too...we arent that far from Altoona, you never know we might head over to a game next season..Good Luck to you..and you are right about one thing, most players don't talk to much trash on places like this about others..now on the court thats a totally different story..

hoopstar

the all-conference teams were completely fair... Conlon was the best player, he did everything..scoring, rebounding, assists, and defense..just a solid player..... and all the other selections were warranted....stewart-smith's stats were very good and definetely he showed up down the stretch ...franklin also a great player, not the best in the league, but defeintely a solid player....to Cash$$$ sorry you didnt make the team, if you are indeed sean kenney, you had a good season, but playing for hilbert (below average team) and a new amcc team doesnt fit well into the conference all-stars, and also, your stats dont match up

cash$$$

below average teams dont beat teams higher than themselves in the standings(frostburg, pitt-brad, la roche) get another argument, stats dont tell the whole story either, yea i only played against altoona twice but i gathered enough information from those 2 games to make the argument that smith isnt a quality player, maybe he took "good" shots against other teams but he was taking fade away jumpers that didnt even hit rim against hilbert...next?

ballfan

Well as far as your argument that below average teams dont beat those higher in the standings is not a very good one either...in most conference play any team has the chance in winning no matter what their standings..as far as stats not telling the whole story, now there I agree with you.. I havent seen your team since like I said prior, since the season before when we played @ Hilbert and my son was a senior...
as for Smith and quality of his play, he might not be a flashy player but in the 3 years I watched him play..(seeing him 6 times)  he usually got alot of time bc of his hussle, something that you cant teach and doesnt show up on stats either,,,(your argument not mine)

justafanofthegame

Kenney, you are a fat bum, I can't believe you come on here and try and pump yourself up. you had a few good games this year, you are trash. Gioia made your team go, along with the other guard you did nothing spectacular to warrant any all-conference mentions so go snack on a couple hot dogs fatty and good luck in the towndawanda recreational leagues.

George Allen

That's enough of the personal attacks.  This whole board has gotten out of hand.  Granted, everyone has their own opinion, and sometimes their opinion may be different than that of the majority.  But there is absolutely no need to flat out call somebody out and say they're garbage, when you yourself probably could not guard that person nor do anything in particular to warrant your trash talk.

Hilbert had a very overacheiving year.  Give the team credit.  And they did finish above PS-Altoona, so give the kid a little bit of respect in that regard.  Both Kenney and Stewart-Smith are solid D3 players that deserved accolades.  Because one didn't get any and is frustrated does not mean that there needs to be personal attacks on him.

FWIW, somebody that thinks Gioia made the team go is wrong.  There were many unforced shots, and blunders that slowed the team down.  Is Gioia a player?  Of course he is.  You don't average 17 ppg on accident, or score 1,000 pts. in a career.  But you obviously did not see the team enough to warrant the judgement that he "made the team".  

Get a life, and no personal attacks please.  It's uncalled for, and frankly not a very nice thing to do.

ballfan

Well said Mr Allen...but first off I think that you should address Mr Kenney when making that statement..he came on here in attack mode..first Stewart-Smith then Aaron Kifer..so if we came on here and defended our team or players, its just a natural thing..and I think that alot of times, ppl who come on here forget that there are parents that come on here too and read all the "garbage" that we throw, and I for one as sorry for that..(i have posted a few that I am not proud of)...being a parent of a player myself in this conference I should have understood that...
but i digress..

Now on to the tourney..very surprised that St John Fisher lost..but they had a great run this season...and I did have the opportunity to see them play a few times since UPB did play them...so I am impressed with that..
so good luck to all in DIII tourney and I look forward to tomorrow and selection sunday

justafanofthegame

"Mr" Allen first off maybe you have not seen hilbert play enough to actually see what is what, i get paid to see what is what in the game of basketball, do you? For two if you have been on the board long enough, i have been praising hilbert's effort's all year long and Sean was a big reason that team had the success they had, it frustrates me to see players come on here and bad mouth other players to try and make themselves look better. If credit is deserved the voting process takes care of it for the most part. sure players get screwed but thats life.  And by the way I have seen most D-1, D-2, D-3,NAIA, and JC colleges in the region play thats what I do, and i have seen Hilbert play numerous times in the last 8 or so years.  So when opposing teams whole defensive concept is to try and put wraps on one player (Gioia) thats what i mean by making the team go, how many games did Hilbert win this year when Sam had a bad night "Mr" Allen? By the way as  far as player potential Gioia has the ability to play somewhere at the next level as do many players in this league and many other leagues in D3 but Sean Kenney does not.

upb88

I'm ticked off! The University at Buffalo lost in the final half second of overtime, spoiling my trivia question which I will ask anyway. What NCAA Division I tournament team this year has played at least two members of the AMCC? UB, back in the 80s when it was a member of Division III. That program has made a huge jump. It's great to see Reggie Witherspoon winning after the mess he inherited. Hopefully Bona is on the path to that kind of success, too.

Don't you love the luck of Buffalo sports teams in championship games?

ballfan

Boy, what a saturday in college basketball...first off I am really disappointed that Pitt wasnt in the finals..second team UNC lost to GT..but watch for them in the tourney coming on strong and I will have to rout for them against Duke, I can not for the life of me rout for Duke at all...and what about all the close games..Wisconsin at the buzzer and then Louisville pulls out a close one..but can someone tell me why Garcia would even try and block that one?  Gotta hurt for Washington Jr. to miss those free throws..its every players dream to win a game and then every players nightmare to have that happen.  But he will bounce back he is only a freshman and hopefully hang around to continue the college game.

so Selection Sunday!  Wow you gotta love March...

UPB88...that was a tough one for Buffalo..
they must have some kinda curse in that city

cash$$$

hot dogs? haha..by the way no where in any argument did i "pump" myself up, i just stated some possible arguments that warrented exactly what i expected-solid debates, enough said, but hey anotherfanofthegame..do you play or do you sit in the stands because you never "could" play the game?

cash$$$

i have posted some things i am not proud of either, so in doing so i apologize, good points all around, i just would like to know why jason peterson didnt recieve any looks as well as anthony perioli, possibly because 1 played limited games and the other because he played with a poor supporting cast? comments anotherfanofthegame? trash talk set aside of course