WBB: USA South Conference

Started by Mike Stanley, March 09, 2004, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnufan

Here is Staci Humphrey's stat line from GC's loss at CNU

FG-A    3FG-A  FT-FTA REB  TOTR  TP      A       TO    BLK    S       MIN
7-20     4-13     6-8     1-1     2     24     3     8     1     6     40

35% from the field, 31% from behind the arc.

Here is Staci's stat line from GC's win vs. CNU

7-21      3-11      8-10      2-4      6      0      25      8      5      0      3      37

Difference here, she shot the same, but grabbed more rebounds and didnt turn the ball over nearly as much and also passed off a ton more assists.

To me, when she plays better, GC plays better, I know its only one game, but someone from inside the GC realm even agreed with this.

cnufan

Quote from: narch on February 20, 2006, 04:24:12 PM
goose - i meant to ask this over the weekend, but forgot - i arrived just as the ladies game ended on saturday, and saw the cnu women doing a chant at mid-court at mc - sounded like "whose house? our house!", or something like that...did you catch that? it looked pretty bush, to me, and i heard they did more of the same through the halls of the riddle center as they were heading back to the locker room...whatever happened to winning with class?

it also seems that the lady captains have a bit of a short memory...the last time they won in the riddle center was the 01-02 season and that was a 1-point overtime victory - furthermore, the lady monarchs won two games in freeman last year, so is freeman the lady monarchs house?

I dont think that's what they were saying, but I cant be certain as I wasnt paying attention to what they were saying. But I do agree with you that that place is the last arena our women need to be talkin smack in. We have always have a tough time playing there, you are correct in that statement. But I cant say for sure if that's what they were saying or not.

congrats to gc on another conference championship...impressive

Swish3

Boy, the Lady Captains sure blew it last night....truly disappointing.

cnufan

Im not sure Id use that verbage swish, need something a lil harsher, IMHO.

Swish3

Agreed....they really f'ed up!  Losing two consecutive home tournament games to lower seeds is bordering on simply unacceptable.

narch

Quote from: Goose13 on February 21, 2006, 11:58:37 AMI dont think that's what they were saying, but I cant be certain as I wasnt paying attention to what they were saying...But I cant say for sure if that's what they were saying or not.

at least 3 other observers, as well as a number of the women's team members that i've talked to thought they were saying the same thing, for what it's worth...it's not a big deal, just another reason to want to beat cnu :)

on another note, i was looking at staci humphrey's numbers yesterday...she is ranked nationally in something like 5 categories, including #1 in ppg and #5 (i think) in apg - i know the girl at rmc (silva) gets a lot of publicity (and rightfully so), but humphrey's is putting up numbers that are every bit as impressive...it's good to have that kind of talent in the conference, even if she isn't a monarch :)

her history is interesting...plays as a frosh at ncwc and puts up nice numbers (15.3 ppg), presumably sits at gc the next year, plays the first semester last year (17.1 ppg) at gc but not the 2nd, then plays all of this year (23.3 ppg) - brackett must have been sick having to play against and without her...right now she's averaging 19.8 ppg for her career...wow

more importantly, does anyone know how much eligibility she has?  i'm pretty sure she's got 2 semesters, but does she have a 3rd semester to play since she didn't play last spring?

PrideSportBBallGuy

Congratulations to the GC Women's Basketball team...Good Luck in the NCAA's.

Ralph Turner

Good win for Greensboro over Moravian!

Good luck, tomorrow night! :)

narch

looks like humphrey will get a head-to-head matchup w/ silva...should be interesting

cnufan

Congrats to all the USA South reps on the All-Region squad!

Ralph Turner

Welcome to Meredith and to Mary Baldwin!

Is there any thought to the Women's side breaking into Divisions?  There are now 5 Virginia schools and 5 NC schools on the Women's side.

Shenandoah might like the fact that they could cut their travel budget.

PrideSportBBallGuy

I think that could be a great idea.  The last I heard well mostly a rumor.  SU was trying to leave.  Maybe now they won't have too. Two divisions should be a thought.

2122rspc

It is about time that Meredith joined a conference.  This is something that they have needed to do for years.  Former Coach Hatchell lobbied for so long to get Meredith in a conference and now that he's gone, they join.  But, I'm very happy that they are finally in! 

hasanova

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 11, 2006, 12:32:03 PM
Welcome to Meredith and to Mary Baldwin!

Is there any thought to the Women's side breaking into Divisions?  There are now 5 Virginia schools and 5 NC schools on the Women's side.

Shenandoah might like the fact that they could cut their travel budget.
What would an Athletic Conference be without Angels and Squirrel Girls?!  lol  Welcome.

PrideSportBBallGuy

I am glad they will be joining and will save on the budgets for schools will it not.  If with the new teams playing each other twice will lead 18 games in conference play. Budgets won't be saved at all.  I hope they do divide it into divisions.  Adding teams should better the conference.  I don't know how the other sports competition for those schools.  It doesn't help with basketball.  They aren't the best teams in basketball.  I hope they get better though.  Any team that gets AQ for this conference now might be stuck playing a tougher team come NCAA's, and it won't help any team in this conference to get top 25 votes.