Cortaca 2014

Started by Jonny Utah, June 26, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XREDDRAGON77

Wow.....no other words to explain that.
Taste It!

Bartman

Congrats to Cortland on a crazy finishing play to win the Jug.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

jdex

Cortland opens the season with a crazy loss ..........wins its finale with more craziness. Didn't deserve to lose the opener, didn't deserve to win today. Ithaca certainly did more, particularly on the offense. BUT, twas a stout RDragons defense that should get most of the glory. Simply an improbable ending. Just as improbable as bowing to Buffalo State in Game 1! Could very well have been a repeat since CState went for the tying field goal --- without a holder for crying out loud. A botched snap later and he winds up tossing the deciding TD.

Of course, a 91-yard D. Peebles kickoff TD return at 13:57 of fourth frame didn't hurt either. That knotted matters at 17. IC returned with go-ahead FG at 3:57 as Cortland 'D' came up with one of its key stops. Then with only two minutes and change left CState offense stalled AGAIN and coaching staff chose to punt near midfield. Interesting call. With three times-out left, it worked out and IC quickly gave the ball back to hosts near the 50. QB Grassi  pitched twice to J. Delahunty, the second to sidelines for 35 yards to IC 11 and Dragons moved into position, though apparently content for short FG and OT. Then a victory showed up in quite the windup.

Bombers with 316-183 yardage edge. Ithaca 21x31 passing for 187 yds., Corts 15x21 for 135. That's right, little on the ground. At least two penalties figured large. IC flagged 72 yards, CState 55

Tough, tough loss for Ithaca, another in this Cortaca rivalry. Five straight for Cortland. Wow indeed!!