FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crufootball

Quote from: umhb2001 on October 22, 2014, 06:00:22 PM
Quote from: Kelly Boggs on October 22, 2014, 05:05:23 PM
Good points, Morrgen.

Does anyone know how many former UMHB coaches are on the TLU staff? I watched Coach Padron on the video posted on the TLU website and he mentioned a couple. Just curious.

I know of at least 2. Braxton Harris and Andy Padron.

Mark Carey also played and coached for UMHB, meaning all of their coordinators have UMHB ties.

umhb2001

Quote from: crufootball on October 22, 2014, 06:11:16 PM
Quote from: umhb2001 on October 22, 2014, 06:00:22 PM
Quote from: Kelly Boggs on October 22, 2014, 05:05:23 PM
Good points, Morrgen.

Does anyone know how many former UMHB coaches are on the TLU staff? I watched Coach Padron on the video posted on the TLU website and he mentioned a couple. Just curious.

I know of at least 2. Braxton Harris and Andy Padron.

Mark Carey also played and coached for UMHB, meaning all of their coordinators have UMHB ties.

Remarkable. You think these guys are gearing for UMHB.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Kelly Boggs

It's Thursday, but the Day of CRUreckoning is fast approaching (that would be Saturday).  ;D

UP with the PURPLE!
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Kelly Boggs

FYI and FWIW: My daughter is a student at LC. She has a class with several football players. Yesterday she asked them who they thought would win Saturday's game, TLU or UMHB? She said they all answered at the the same time: "UMHB." Again FYI and FWIW. It doesn't mean a thing, but I thought it was interesting and worth sharing here.   8-)

I have not been this excited about a game since the semi-final match-up with UWW last December.  ;D

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

couchcru11

Quote from: umhb2001 on October 22, 2014, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: ksclegal on October 22, 2014, 02:19:32 PM
Well its nice to see we have at least generated some discussion. I think for TLU to win Barolle and Saucedo have to combine for over 200 yards of offense and TLU must win the turnover battle. I don't think UMHB has seen an offense as efficient as TLU's all season. I expect to see a 42-34 type game.

I would agree with this statement. TLU is by far the best team we have played all year long. They are going to come out guns blazing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they led at one point. If there is someone in the state that has depth, size, and speed like we do, then I will be the first to admit it, because it hasn't been around for a long while.

Honestly, I think the closest O UMHB has faced, thats comparable to TLU, is UW- La Crosse. They jumped, but then UMHB settled down and won it. It was a nasty game, but poise and talent stayed in and carried us home.

I would be surprised if UMHB gives up over 200 rushing yards. I know our D is hungry and wants some redemption from last Saturday, so I am saying no more than 100, with quite a few turnovers.
"A Crusader NEVER walks alone!"

ksclegal

Clearly UMHB is and should be the favorite. Especially considering TLU's lack of success in their prior meetings. UMHB certainly has greater depth and most likely has an advantage in the two critical areas that are usually outcome determinative that is size and speed. But as we all know football , unlike any other sport, is a game of pride, emotion and execution. I just have a feeling this game means more to TLU than it does UMHB. That may be the difference.

couchcru11

Quote from: ksclegal on October 23, 2014, 02:56:54 PM
Clearly UMHB is and should be the favorite. Especially considering TLU's lack of success in their prior meetings. UMHB certainly has greater depth and most likely has an advantage in the two critical areas that are usually outcome determinative that is size and speed. But as we all know football , unlike any other sport, is a game of pride, emotion and execution. I just have a feeling this game means more to TLU than it does UMHB. That may be the difference.

I'm not too sure. The seniors this year have quite a bitter taste in their mouth about the 1 point loss to UWW. They're hungry and I'm not too sure they are worried about the emotion rather than the execution. They want to be the best team and players they can be. We could go round and round about it. It's TLU's first home field and they want to keep the winning streak alive, just like UMHB did last year. But like the great philosopher Mike Tyson said, "Everyone's got a plan til you get punched in the face." Whoever wins the toss will get to choose who throws the first punch. How they respond will determine how well prepared they are.

wesleydad

Quote from: couchcru11 on October 21, 2014, 06:03:46 PM
Quote from: umhb2001 on October 21, 2014, 05:55:12 PM
Intensity growing by the second!  :o I  knew TLU would probably be feeling some relief that their JV won. No biggie. Nothing being said over on the SCAC board, though, about anything. They are pretty quiet.

Anyways, there are so many plot points here.

Former coaches who coached for and or played for UMHB. TLU haven't not beaten UMHB since 99. TLU once in the ASC then got out.

I love the rivalry within the game. So good.

Are you saying we could actually have a rival outside of the semifinals?

I would think there is a nice little rivalry with a certain team in the South Region that you may have forgotten about, Wesley and UMHB have had a great time playing each other for the past whatever number of years it has been now.  That may go by the wayside once Wesley moves to the NJAC and the East Region.  Too bad in my opinion because it was nice to see where Wesley fit in the national scene. 

crufootball

Quote from: wesleydad on October 23, 2014, 05:06:14 PM
Intensity growing by the second!  :o I  knew TLU would probably be feeling some relief that their JV won. No biggie. Nothing being said over on the SCAC board, though, about anything. They are pretty quiet.

Former coaches who coached for and or played for UMHB. TLU haven't not beaten UMHB since 99. TLU once in the ASC then got out.

I would think there is a nice little rivalry with a certain team in the South Region that you may have forgotten about, Wesley and UMHB have had a great time playing each other for the past whatever number of years it has been now.  That may go by the wayside once Wesley moves to the NJAC and the East Region.  Too bad in my opinion because it was nice to see where Wesley fit in the national scene.

True, Wesley was/is a great rival. Although you are probably right with Wesley joining their conference and the ASC filling out a bit more over the next few years we will have to hope on seeing our friends from Dover in the playoffs.

couchcru11

I did forget about Wesley! With the last game as the opening game of the CRUthedral, it just didn't seem like the stars would align once again. But that series has given me all kinds of chest pains!

umhb2001

Quote from: couchcru11 on October 23, 2014, 05:49:57 PM

I did forget about Wesley! With the last game as the opening game of the CRUthedral, it just didn't seem like the stars would align once again. But that series has given me all kinds of chest pains!

Don't forget LiDarraling! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH2Gi_uOlAA

umhb2001

DFWCrufan

IT"S FRIDAY!!!! Just a little more than 24 hours form now the CRU take to the field...CRU-nation comes alive and my grilled goodness and frosty beverages are all ready to go. Speakers cranked to 11, big screen  set up to pick up the feed and I'll be listening to both play bys....It's a fine day, A CRU_NATION day!
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Kelly Boggs

My oldest son and I arrived in Seguin around 6:30 pm. We grabbed a bite to eat and now we are enjoying some football on TV and anticipating a good showing by The CRU tomorrow.

UP with the PURPLE!

umhb2001

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on October 24, 2014, 09:02:29 PM
My oldest son and I arrived in Seguin around 6:30 pm. We grabbed a bite to eat and now we are enjoying some football on TV and anticipating a good showing by The CRU tomorrow.

UP with the PURPLE!

Glad you made it safely! We'll see you tomorrow!

#CruNation