BB: Pool B

Started by Bronko7, April 21, 2008, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaseballFan

Quote from: d3baseballnut on May 08, 2009, 11:27:14 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 08, 2009, 11:26:14 PM
CSS beat BLC 14-9 in Game #7 of the tourney.

I think that sufficiently ends Bethany Lutheran's pool b bid run???? at least that is the vibe around d3 baseball town.

I would agree. They needed to win the tourney to have what i think was an outside shot. CSS did have to win 3 today and i think the reasoning for it was that with regionals starting always on wednesday you want to make sure your staff is rest for the tourney.

BLC was a very impressive hitting team and think they could compete with their bats, but after their top pitcher they would be hurting in the bullpen.

My 6 to just to throw it out there
Salisbury
Scholastica
Ithaca
Wash U
York
Chapman

RSSmith

Quote from: BigPoppa on May 08, 2009, 11:32:43 PM
Quote from: d3baseballnut on May 08, 2009, 11:27:14 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 08, 2009, 11:26:14 PM
CSS beat BLC 14-9 in Game #7 of the tourney.

I think that sufficiently ends Bethany Lutheran's pool b bid run???? at least that is the vibe around d3 baseball town.

I think Bethany had to win it to get a bid. In my opinion, they are done.

Whatever slim chance they might have had after losing 2 of 3 to CSS went down the tube 30-4.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

wustlfan37

So the day before Selection Sunday.....who are your top six Pool B teams?  And what regions will they be placed in, and in what seeds?
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

BearBaseball

Salisbury- south (1)
st scholastica- midwest (2)
ithaca- ny (3)
washu- central (5)
chapman- west (6)
york- south (5)

paulisdeadman

I think if your going to suggest York, i dont think Bethany Lutheran is too far behind.  York couldnt havent finished the season any worse.  Winning only 3 of there last 10 and having a brutal showing in the CAC conf tourny.  Some had mentioned that the 30 to 4 loss to CSS pretty much ruled Bethany out, well York took a 30 to 6 loss at the hands of Salisbury.  Just some food for thought.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: paulisdeadman on May 10, 2009, 05:48:05 PM
I think if your going to suggest York, i dont think Bethany Lutheran is too far behind.  York couldnt havent finished the season any worse.  Winning only 3 of there last 10 and having a brutal showing in the CAC conf tourny.  Some had mentioned that the 30 to 4 loss to CSS pretty much ruled Bethany out, well York took a 30 to 6 loss at the hands of Salisbury.  Just some food for thought.
Margin of victory is not a criterion.

RSSmith

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 10, 2009, 05:56:02 PM
Margin of victory is not a criterion.

I'm far from convinced that selection is a precise, scientific exercise.  If that were the case, results could be fed into the computer and we'd know who was going where before bedtime tonight.  There must be some subjective pieces that most of us don't see, and I can't imagine that getting one's clock cleaned goes unnoticed.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

BaseballFan

Bethany Lutheran's weak OWP ruled them out

paulisdeadman

So it is better to lose to a good team then beat a bad team?  Also York did get 2 wins against Eastern (3-29) and 3 wins against Gallaudet (8-23).

BigPoppa

Quote from: paulisdeadman on May 10, 2009, 06:56:37 PM
So it is better to lose to a good team then beat a bad team?  Also York did get 2 wins against Eastern (3-29) and 3 wins against Gallaudet (8-23).

Bethany will be left out... sorry.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

BaseballFan

But its not one game its many.

Ralph Turner

Pool B  Salisbury, St Scholastica, Ithaca, Chapman, WashUStL, and York PA.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: BaseballFan on May 10, 2009, 10:51:12 PM

But its not one game its many.
Gallaudet is a conference game.

Eastern was a part of the spring break package that York PA took.  Very little choice in that game either.

paulisdeadman

Bait taken on the Galluadet game, i was well aware it was a conf game (although it will be intersting to see for how long) my point was BLC's downfall is the UMAC not being very good this year, and you really dont have a choice within your conf. All you can do is win as many games as possible and go from there. At any rate all water under the bridge. We all knew BLC wouldnt get in, it was just nice to stir up some conversation. Best of luck to all teams in the tourny.  Its been great chatting with you guys. 

Ralph Turner

On the other hand, CSS has put the UMAC on the map more than anything.

They play the good teams.

Our thoughts were that BLC would be in the discussion if they do not lose to Northland and then sweep CSS in the tourney.

Good luck in the off-season.

The UMAC gets its Pool A bid in 2011.