FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dachampishere

Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I was just curious if anyone closer to whitewater then I am would have heard anything. I found a couple articles on the internet about it, and it seems that it had something to do with the lawsuit that the former wrestiling coach filed against the school former chancellor and edmonds.

bleedpurple

Quote from: dachampishere on October 26, 2016, 08:42:08 PM
Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I was just curious if anyone closer to whitewater then I am would have heard anything. I found a couple articles on the internet about it, and it seems that it had something to do with the lawsuit that the former wrestiling coach filed against the school former chancellor and edmonds.
You are a piece of work dachampishere. Sorry if that offended you. But I googled it and you are a piece of work.   :o

retagent

emma17

Hmmm. I suspect there may be some hidden meaning in the posts.
I'm perfectly fine to not be in the know.
I trust the administration to do what they feel is best and I trust Mrs. Edmunds to do what is best for her. Sometimes the decisions we make today in our best judgment don't look so great down the road.

Whatever the case, it's not as bad as not throwing to the tight ends to move the chains.

WarhawkDad

Quote from: retagent on October 26, 2016, 06:21:47 PM
Gee, kinda touchy aren't we? Many decisions made by PUBLIC colleges are discussed on public forums. Maybe dachamp...... was curious about why a decision was made, and thought that the purpose of the move was public knowledge. If it was a "personal" decision, just say that the reason given was that it was a personal decision, and no other details are available.
As a person who holds an executive position in the public sector and teaches on the side at a public college I can tell you that even personnel decisions are not public, except under certain circumstance, ie....settlement of litigation, criminal activity, etc....    If we are all entitled to our opinions, my opinion is that there is no reason for this type of issue to be raised on these boards.
Six Time National Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014

2013  WIAC PICKEM CHAMPION

"Pound The Rock!!!"

WarhawkDad

Quote from: emma17 on October 27, 2016, 10:49:14 AM
Hmmm. I suspect there may be some hidden meaning in the posts.
I'm perfectly fine to not be in the know.
I trust the administration to do what they feel is best and I trust Mrs. Edmunds to do what is best for her. Sometimes the decisions we make today in our best judgment don't look so great down the road.

Whatever the case, it's not as bad as not throwing to the tight ends to move the chains.
Amen!

"Pound The Rock!!!"

02 Warhawk

Quote from: WarhawkDad on October 27, 2016, 10:50:07 AM
Quote from: retagent on October 26, 2016, 06:21:47 PM
Gee, kinda touchy aren't we? Many decisions made by PUBLIC colleges are discussed on public forums. Maybe dachamp...... was curious about why a decision was made, and thought that the purpose of the move was public knowledge. If it was a "personal" decision, just say that the reason given was that it was a personal decision, and no other details are available.
As a person who holds an executive position in the public sector and teaches on the side at a public college I can tell you that even personnel decisions are not public, except under certain circumstance, ie....settlement of litigation, criminal activity, etc....    If we are all entitled to our opinions, my opinion is that there is no reason for this type of issue to be raised on these boards.

Well there's your problem right there, WD. I'm sure they give those jobs away to anyone who walks through the door, unlike like teaching positions at private schools.  ::)

;D  ;)

houdini

There is ongoing litigation against the former athletic director.  I wouldn't have known about this if there wasn't a news item about UWW hiring an interim AD on the WIAC Sports homepage (more interestingly on that site I learned the W in WIAC doesn't stand for Whitewater) maybe you should write to them and complain.  I duckduckgoed it and found several newspapers and TV stations found it interesting enough to dig into and report the former AD was demoted.  I was curious myself.  I'm sure if this was about Stout's AD you would have posted as well.

bleedpurple

Quote from: houdini on October 27, 2016, 09:38:46 PM
I'm sure if this was about Stout's AD you would have posted as well.
I can pretty much guarantee you that's not true. However, I do suspect that if it were Stout's AD, dachampishere, Retagent, and you would NOT be weighing in.

Just Bill

Not that anyone asked me, but I think the status of a WIAC AD job which has already been reported in the media is a perfectly acceptable topic for a WIAC message board. I didn't see anyone committing careless speculation or character defamation.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

retagent

Quote from: bleedpurple on October 27, 2016, 11:39:01 PM
I'm sure if this was about Stout's AD you would have posted as well.
I can pretty much guarantee you that's not true. However, I do suspect that if it were Stout's AD, dachampishere, Retagent, and you would NOT be weighing in.

In the words of The Donald, "WRONG"

My response was reaction to WH's response, which I thought was a bit more defensive than it needed to be. My opinion.

WarhawkDad

There is ongoing litigation against the former athletic director.  I wouldn't have known about this if there wasn't a news item about UWW hiring an interim AD on the WIAC Sports homepage (more interestingly on that site I learned the W in WIAC doesn't stand for Whitewater) maybe you should write to them and complain.  I duckduckgoed it and found several newspapers and TV stations found it interesting enough to dig into and report the former AD was demoted.  I was curious myself.  I'm sure if this was about Stout's AD you would have posted as well.

Absolutely not.   To me it has almost nothing to do with the teams or the games.    While it may ultimately be important from a fund raising standpoint, I really do not care why personnel decisions or personal decisions are made.   I am a huge believer in allowing people their privacy and dignity on these types of things, unless they break the law or do something totally unethical.  Even the litigation involving the former wrestling coach is of little interest to me as it pertains to Warhawk, WIAC, and D3 football.     And, lastly, until Stout becomes relevant in WIAC football, the only thing that interests me in Menomonee is whether or not the bars downtown will be open early enough when I get there to tailgate.  8-) ;D

"Pound The Rock!!!"

emma17

The legitimacy of the question surrounding the UWW AD is an interesting discussion.
At the risk of sounding all UWW protective, given the amount of information made public and, therefore, easily accessible via the free internet, it does seem as though the original question was prying for some "inside scoop", something more than what parties on both sides were willing to release.

Perhaps those sorts of inquiring minds want to know questions are better suited for a personal email.

Anyway, UWW is due for an offensive explosion. I'm a little worn thin of driving under the speed limit in a car built for speed.

HansenRatings

Quote from: emma17 on October 28, 2016, 12:54:23 PM
Anyway, UWW is due for an offensive explosion. I'm a little worn thin of driving under the speed limit in a car built for speed.

I would have to think, given his pedigree, Coach Smith feels the same way. Looking at my ratings though, UWW has played six consecutive teams who would rate in the Top 10 or Top 15 in defense in the nation. Even before Schmidt got there, La Crosse had been fielding Top 25-caliber defenses for a couple seasons, and Point has improved on that side of the ball too.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

badgerwarhawk

Amy Edmunds is a good person and she doesn't deserve having her personal affairs fodder for internet speculation.  The fact is that no one who posts here has any direct information about what was involved in her situation.  So anything that any of us could have said would be rumor and innuendo.  Nothing more.
"Just think twice is my only advice."