SLIAC

Started by watchdog, March 08, 2004, 02:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoneandonly

Coach Williams, great job, expect the gym to be packed on the 24th!
Baseball players get to every base.

hopefan

May have to break out the bleachers on the other side behind the benches!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

theoneandonly

hopefully! Im sure it would be nice for the school to have more than 30 people at the games.

hopefan

it was only 3 or 4 years ago that the Men's team won the conference championship and the bleachers behind the benches were pulled out - Blackburn crowd at that time was great - I had a lot of fun here on D3hoops with the rowdies down in the corner - they were great fans - and they even presented me with a Blackburn Beavers Tshirt!!!

furbug

Quote from: hopefan on January 22, 2009, 11:37:24 AM
it was only 3 or 4 years ago that the Men's team won the conference championship and the bleachers behind the benches were pulled out - Blackburn crowd at that time was great - I had a lot of fun here on D3hoops with the rowdies down in the corner - they were great fans - and they even presented me with a Blackburn Beavers Tshirt!!!

I was there also. It was, as you say, great fun with the crowd. If you remember, they cleared the place after one game, and we were limited to only one game - unless we were able to pull a sneaky.  ;D

fcnews

I would think the same thing would be necessary if Westminster were to host the tournament.

hopefan

Looks like Turnovers and poor FT shooting did in the Beavres

theoneandonly

free throws are essential. and i dont think they are the most solid  free throw shooters. i also know maryville is quick has a tough defense and likes to play some high pressured D. that obviously helped them out last night because just like hopefan said, turnovers were a big part too.

dynasty22

Hopefan I remember when we gave you the shirt. That was back to my freshmen year at Blackburn whenever we had amazing crowds at the games including the Crazies who have sence graduated. I am now a senior this year...time sure does fly by! :)
Go Beavers!

hopefan

Enjoy your senior year - unless you're in the 5 or 6 year plan, this could be the last year of your life to have FUN!!!!

theoneandonly

Dynasty i remember a lot of those guys,
Josh Edington, david gan, chase conlin, the whole 2005 mens baseball team, that corner was intense! oh what has happened. administration is single handedly killing blackburn!  NEXT HOME GAME I BETTER NOT SEE YOU ON THE FRONT ROW! haha. thats sad!

Coach Will

Kudos to Maryville for pulling out that win...what a great college women's basketball game. Lack of execution on offense and poor boxing out from tired legs was one of the deciding factors and Not having an answer for Allie Wilhem was the other. yes Blackburn played an awesome gave, but moral victories are not longer accepted!

Great Job again maryville, you showed why you have been the best team in the conference for many years.

Lastly, Blackburn women learned a great lesson last night, lets just hope they carry it over to a talented Principia team on Saturday.

hopefan

Good point Coach  -  it's easy for your players to immediately start to formulate a victory celebration for beating Maryville AT Blackburn, given their outstanding performance last night - one of your jobs as a coach is to make them focus on the 7 games before that - second place, if not still first place, is up for grabs......

theoneandonly

Quote from: hopefan on January 22, 2009, 04:19:20 PM
Good point Coach  -  it's easy for your players to immediately start to formulate a victory celebration for beating Maryville AT Blackburn, given their outstanding performance last night - one of your jobs as a coach is to make them focus on the 7 games before that - second place, if not still first place, is up for grabs......

I second every word in your post haha! if i could give kudos i would!

bcbeaverfan1

Quote from: HCACBBALL on January 22, 2009, 12:39:32 AM
"Far less players" what does that mean?  Blackburn has Shipley who I would take over any player in the conference.  Nonetheless, kudos to Williams and Blackburn but I am sure Coach would rather have a win then a moral victory.

Far less players definitely did NOT mean less players in talent...less players in numbers..when you can only play a strong 6 or 7 man rotation, girls start to get fatigued...unlike other teams that can put in a whole line change....thats what i mean HCACBBALL...