All-American Predictions

Started by Smitty Oom, February 25, 2017, 01:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smitty Oom

Okay so I don't quite know how this will be perceived... but with the NCAA right around the corner ( ;D ;D!!!), I think it would be fun to discuss possible All Americans for this season!! I know there are a lot of great players around the country and one cannot possibly keep track of all of them so this is just my very provisional list. Please feel free to add/subtract, agree/disagree, discuss about some of the best of the best in D3 hoops!

Also, from my experience with this (as much of you probably know), being named MVP of their conference really matters in terms of these exposure for these All-American awards.

**I made this list as of last weekend, so stats are no longer exact, although I'm sure very close.

JOEY FLANNERY, Babson, Sr
   22.3pts   6.9reb   4.0ast

Matt St. Amour, Middlebury Sr.
   21.0pts    4.8reb   2.8ast

TY SABIN, Ripon Sr.
   29.6pts*   5.7reb   3ast
   *Leads Nation in Scoring

Tim Howell, Whitman Jr.
   20.0pts   2.2reb   2.2ast

Tyheim Monroe, Carbini Jr.
   22.8pts   16.4reb*   2.3ast
   Leads Nation in Rebounding

AJ EDWARDS, Ma(p)rietta Sr.
   19pts   8.6reb   0.7ast

Brian Sortino, SUNY-Oswego, Sr.
   20.9pts   3.5reb   4.4ast

TAHORN HARVEY, Benedictine
   18.7pts   6.8reb   5.9ast

Jordan Robinson
, North Park, Jr.
   22.4pts   9.3reb   3.5ast

Frank Schettino, Staten Island, Sr.
   17.9pts   7.0reb   9.4ast   2.6stls
   *Leads nation in Triple Doubles

Sam Brost-Smith, Rochester Sr.
   16.7pts   5.5reb   3.3ast   3.0stl

Grant Schaeffer, St. Thomas (MN), Sr.
   15.6pts   4.7reb   5.1ast

Nate Axelrod, Ohio Wesleyan, Jr.
   17.5pts   2.3reb   4.4ast

Colby Taylor, Central, Sr.
   21.8pts   8.1reb   2.0ast

Flying Dutch Fan

Harrison Blackledge, Hope, Sr
20.6pts   5.8reb    1.9ast
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

nescac1

As an Eph fan, the top group of opposing players I've seen this year include Blackledge, St. Amour, and two others who have not been mentioned:

Mount Union's DeAllen Jackson, 18.5/6.5/2.8 plus 1.6 spg, on 49/46/84 splits.  He is hurt by being on a mediocre team, but frankly he had very little help especially with Kukura missing the last third of the season. 

Springfield's frosh phenom Jake Ross, who was every bit as good as a frosh as Joey Flannery was in his frosh year (maybe better): 22.7/9/3.1, plus 1.8 spg, 45/39/79.  He is incredibly versatile as he's equally good in the post (where he can really punish other wings), shooting from deep, or off the dribble, and he's also a strong defender.  Ross may not be an all-American this year just because he's a first-year, but he has to be national frosh of the year and I think he will be a three-time all-American if he stays healthy.  Springfield is loaded with frosh talent and I think will do too NEWMAC for the next three years what Babson did for the last three. 

To me, those four guys are all roughly even. 

As strong as NESCAC is in terms of great teams this year, other than St. Amour, there are no legit all-American candidates from the league this year. 

Greek Tragedy

Frank schettino - CSI - 17.9 pts, 7.2 reb 9.4 asts
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!