FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Happy Father's Day to all my friends from Linfield and the entire NWC. God bless!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

George Thompson

Off football for a moment.    Ad Rutschman's grandson is a heck of a baseball player!!   Outstanding play in the College World Series.

GT   
GO CATS! GO!

MUC57

George Thompson

Haven't really followed the college World Series yet this year. Can you fill me in a little? Thanks. ☠🏈

D O.C.

George went out for his daily constitutional walk and I don't want you staying up late waiting for him so Ill try to fill in here. He can correct me later.

The Oregon State catcher, Adley Rutschman, who once (?) kicked a 60 yard field goal in high school, is the grandson of Adolph Rutschman, who is, like that winning purple and black coach, LK, in the Canton Football Hall of Fame. Ad also, I believe, is the only coach to win national titles in baseball and football.

No way in Hades was Adley coming to LINFIELD when he can hit with power from both sides of the plate and is forecast to be one of the first players in next years MLB draft.

OldCatProf

Had dinner with Ad Rutschman, son Randy and grandson Adley in Corvallis last year after a baseball game. Also attending were Ed Langsdorf, his youthful bride and my still (in spirit) youthful wife Connie.

Adley was then a freshman and had already established himself as the Oregon State catcher. Sat between Adley and Randy. What a wonderful evening and what a great young man is Adley. Nice personality, able to carry on a meaningful conversation, knowledgeable and already able to tell "Rutschman-type" stories. He had a good one about tackling Stanford's Christian McCaffery after kicking off to him...Adley was the kick-off guy as a freshman. Being the last line of defense with the last chance to tackle McCaffrey and prevent the touchdown, Adley did, and when McCaffrey got up and looked around in disbelief he said to Adley "I got tackled by the KICKER?

Adley told the story in the typical Rutschman self-effacing manner...not bragging. We all laughed big-time at the punch line. Ad, sitting at the other end of the table just beamed with pride...Randy also. Great evening, great people and great stories.
"My only feeling about superstition is that it's unlucky to be behind at the end of the game."
Duffy Daughterty

MUC57

D O.C.

Thanks for the info. I actually understood what you said. I may have to take back some of my earlier comments about you. Just kidding. Or am I? Go 'Cats (Raiders too)!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: D O.C. on June 22, 2018, 01:23:09 AM
The Oregon State catcher, Adley Rutschman, who once (?) kicked a 60 yard field goal in high school, is the grandson of Adolph Rutschman, who is, like that winning purple and black coach, LK, in the Canton Football Hall of Fame.

Not Canton -- that's the pro football Hall of Fame.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

RFB

George went out for his daily constitutional walk and I don't want you staying up late waiting for him so Ill try to fill in here. He can correct me later.

The Oregon State catcher, Adley Rutschman, who once (?) kicked a 60 yard field goal in high school, is the grandson of Adolph Rutschman, who is, like that winning purple and black coach, LK, in the Canton Football Hall of Fame. Ad also, I believe, is the only coach to win national titles in baseball and football.

No way in Hades was Adley coming to LINFIELD when he can hit with power from both sides of the plate and is forecast to be one of the first players in next years MLB draft.

He was a kicker? Hopefully he scrubbed that from the Oregon State media guide.  ;D

CalCat

Quote from: RFB on June 22, 2018, 04:53:41 PM

He was a kicker? Hopefully he scrubbed that from the Oregon State media guide.  ;D

I believe RFB that he was a very good linebacker that really wanted to focus on baseball...a wise choice
CalCat

D O.C.

And thanks to my proofreader PC.
College HOF then?

D O.C.

Suspect I'm stepping on WC11's toes here, BUT, enjoy some of the 2018 LINFIELD H.S. Football Camp recently completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOnD0_brp8w

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: D O.C. on June 23, 2018, 03:29:41 PM
And thanks to my proofreader PC.
College HOF then?

The college football Hall of Fame is located in Atlanta.  My wife and I are going to be vacationing in Atlanta this August so I can cross another stadium off my quest.  I'll have to try and talk her into visiting this as well.  Though, honestly, I don't like my odds.   But I know she'll want to Segway so that kind of makes up for it.  :)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

D O.C.

Atlanta in August?
Segway AND HOF.

D O.C.

These ARE the dog days.
Probably won't get jumping until news from Belton and Alliance hits d3football.com.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: D O.C. on July 09, 2018, 07:20:16 PM
These ARE the dog days.
Probably won't get jumping until news from Belton and Alliance hits d3football.com.

My dog resents the negative implications of 'dog days'.  To her, EVERY day should be a dog day. ;D