FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolevio

Quote from: tecmobowler on November 13, 2005, 02:01:50 PM
I know very little about Union.  It is an interesting matchup partially because of the bad blood the administrations have supposedly had in the past. 

Union's administration is almost entirely new over the past year or two, though Rolevio would love to hear Tecmo elaborate on the bad blood.
In Search of Holladawg

ACMob

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 13, 2005, 02:01:33 PM
I am very surprised about Alfred.

IC losing IMHO brought the strength of the conf. ranking down.  E8 champ (IC) loses to Lyco MAC-- two bids & C-state NJAC-- two bids!!  

saxontad

well,
there it is then.  i have been holding my breath since yesterday when it looked like Fisher was going to spoil our afternoon late in the day.  the Saxons held tough.  it was a great thing to watch.  i just hope if Alfred is in an ECAC game we play someone we haven't played this year.  it was a thrill last year to get a postseason game (a long time coming) but played a rematch with Norwich which was almost a replay of our earlier game with them.  i appreciate Pat's post and comments during the bracket broadcast.  

ON SAXONS!!

Jukebox Hero

Alfred probably deserved to get in after yesterday. They were just as deserving, if not more than, Cortland, IMO.

msarge7

I can't see Utica getting an ECAC bid ahead of either Alfred or RPI.  The Ithaca loss to Cortland probably cost AU an NCAA bid.  Alfred had the privelege of playing an ECAC game last year and I'm sure they will accept a bid to play this year if it is extended to them.

ncbomber54

Great season Saxons...you truly deserve a shot in this tourney! Do like IC last year and many deserving teams before and take that heart into the ECAC's...I'd give my right thumb just to dress and practice one more time...enjoy every second of that game and roll into next year...make the E8 stronger every year!

New season Bombers 0-0...time to roll into Upstate NY and prove something!  I remember all too well the last time the bombers went up to Albany (Troy), NY....put it away and keep rolling!  Pray for a Cortland rematch down the road and work hard to get there. 

Go Bombers!!!!

dewcrew88

How many ECAC bids are awarded? Just one? Two? I really don't know, and if it's in the FAQ, I apologize for my ignorance.

Rolevio

Quote from: budcrew08 on November 13, 2005, 02:30:48 PM
How many ECAC bids are awarded? Just one? Two? I really don't know, and if it's in the FAQ, I apologize for my ignorance.

4, and there are at least 4 two-loss or less teams (Alfred, SJF, RPI, Maine Maritime, also Bridgewater State and Fitchburg state though not 100% if they play ECAC games or not)
In Search of Holladawg

theoriginalupstate

I for one am pushing for a SJF vs RPI ECAC game!!

Jukebox Hero

I've deleted my previous comment on the ECAC's.....that was pretty uncalled for and I'll apologize for it.

Good luck to Fisher if they do play (as they should) in the ECAC's, and good luck to Ithaca in the NCAA tourney.

sjfgrad

I'd like to see a Fisher-Alfred rematch right away, at Alfred or whatever.  There would certainly be a lot of emotion behind it.

I was just thinking, Fisher might have done better yesterday if they ran James Reile more.  He had 29 yards rushing on just 4 carries.

theoriginalupstate

Quote from: sjfgrad on November 13, 2005, 02:48:16 PM
I'd like to see a Fisher-Alfred rematch right away, at Alfred or whatever.  There would certainly be a lot of emotion behind it.

I was just thinking, Fisher might have done better yesterday if they ran James Reile more.  He had 29 yards rushing on just 4 carries.

Yeah i'd agree w/ that, I think the offense was out of whack all game long.  Reile needed to get more touches at RB. 

It sucks that their season is decided on one bad game by their offense....if you were to tell me that SJF held AU to 13 pts, i'd say it would be a blow out. 

Their kicking game needs to be addressed at some point this offseason....it cost them the IC game (missing around a 20 yarder in the first qtr, even though they already hit one a few plays before and took it off the board because they got greedy), and they missed around a 30 yarder yesterday that would have completly changed the outcome of that final drive.  Yes you can say the course of the game would have changed, but you never know.  This team misses Bean more than Fitzy, Sepka, Shickling, Kallfez and Luce combined! 

saxontad

gee,
i wonder if the Fisher offense was out of whack because of the AU defense!  just a thought!

boobyhasgameyo

Alfred had a good defense but I don't think that is why Fisher was performing poorly on offense.  Brady was sick as always (he actually bodyslammed our quarterback on one play.....bodyslammed) but outside of that I would say Brockport played Fisher tougher than Alfred did on defense.  I think they came out sluggish from the bye week and the whole time I believe people were thinking Fisher would just come back at the end and it didn't happen.  But Alfred did all they needed to do, good win for the program.  Obviously I am pretty disappointed that Fisher had a couple bad quarters and it kept them from being undefeated and it also kept them from the playoffs.  Meanwhile Cortland going in after losing to Buffalo State really hurts, and Wilkes is a decent football team but I think Ithaca Fisher and Alfred could probably take them.  In regards to the ECAC at first I wasn't feeling it, but an RPI-Fisher matchup would definitely be fun to watch. 

boobyhasgameyo

Ithaca for the next few weeks you will be my favorite team in the world.  The East bracket is yours for the taking in my opinion.  Play hard, keep your heads in the game, if you are down early realize you are a second half team anyway lol.  It's too bad Fisher couldn't be in there taking on teams with you, but what can you do.  I'll be cheering hard when you guys faceoff against Union, goodluck.