FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oline89

So far there has been 3 coaches added and two subtracted (Cragg and Drach).  Is there going to be someone else leaving?  Better would be more money made available for another full time coach on the staff. 

ITH radio

To no one's surprise, the SID hasn't updated the FB coaches page yet.

http://www.hwsathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=football&

Really the main question I'd have does Backhaus remain DC or is he really still part-time (he's worked as a teacher / guidance counselor since graduating) and would be ok going back to LBs?

Also, need to figure out is who ends up as OC, or if DeWall basically covers that role himself? Green and Garvey have both been OL coaches, so a decision will need to be made there as well.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ITH radio on March 07, 2018, 10:40:03 AM
To no one's surprise, the SID hasn't updated the FB coaches page yet.

http://www.hwsathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=football&

That page specifically has "2017 Hobart Football Coaching Staff" as a header. It would be silly to change the 2017 coaching staff.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Oline89

I wonder if DeWall feels that getting a 10 game schedule is a priority. He is building a staff, meeting the players, setting a spring practice schedule, and a million other things.  I did my own scouring of potential opponents. SJF and Buff St still have open dates on 9/29.  Good opponents, but I am not sure if they have any interest in traveling to Geneva for Hobart's homecoming. The only other opponent I could come up with was Miseracordia. They currently have a 9 game schedule and an open date on 9/29. Thoughts?

UfanBill

Quote from: Oline79 on March 08, 2018, 06:05:43 PM
I wonder if DeWall feels that getting a 10 game schedule is a priority. He is building a staff, meeting the players, setting a spring practice schedule, and a million other things.  I did my own scouring of potential opponents. SJF and Buff St still have open dates on 9/29.  Good opponents, but I am not sure if they have any interest in traveling to Geneva for Hobart's homecoming. The only other opponent I could come up with was Miseracordia. They currently have a 9 game schedule and an open date on 9/29. Thoughts?

I kind of liked your solution from Feb. 14th...Union at Hobart 9/29. Hobart at Fisher 10/6 and Union hosting Utica that same day. There it's settled.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

ITH radio

A wk 5 game is a priority. Homecoming will be the biggest crowd the team will play in front of all season, most likely. Don't forget President Vincent is a very pro-athletics kind of guy. He'll definitely want a FB night game as the main event of the weekend.

I'm confident Miller (the Interim AD) will work out a deal of some kind.

ITH radio

Buff St schedule was released

Oline89

Quote from: ITH radio on March 11, 2018, 05:40:35 PM
Buff St schedule was released

Trying to find it, is it on the Buff St website?

ITH radio

Oline89

Quote from: ITH radio on March 12, 2018, 09:52:47 AM
https://twitter.com/BuffStateFB/status/972923086159929344

Well that eliminates Buff St as a potential opponent for homecoming for Hobart.  They did scrimmage each other last preseason, maybe a repeat this year.  Hoping that the Union game is still an option.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Oline79 on March 14, 2018, 02:53:27 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on March 12, 2018, 09:52:47 AM
https://twitter.com/BuffStateFB/status/972923086159929344

Well that eliminates Buff St as a potential opponent for homecoming for Hobart.  They did scrimmage each other last preseason, maybe a repeat this year.  Hoping that the Union game is still an option.

RPI still looking for a game on 9/29.  I'm guessing Union/RPI/Hobart are all holding off some dates to see if they can each fill one of them?

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3viewer

D3viewer

Also didn't know UR sported this helmet design last season. Old timey ? Odd ? Interesting ? Michigan Statish ? Oh yeah former HC Scott Greene played for Sparty. Wonder if that was the inspiration ?
www.uofrathletics.com/news/2017/11/11/football-hobarts-ground-game-spoils-rochesters-senior-day.aspx

Bartman

Checked the 2018 Hobart roster and Jedh Downey, AJ MacFarlane and Ty Barfield are not on the roster, I know AJ was hurt the end of  last year, but anyone know Ty and Jedh status? These would all be pretty big losses to the team .
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath