FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Quote from: MOJO on September 27, 2005, 10:06:27 PM

Bomber,
You mentioned that Framingham State was accepting students with 800 SAT scores and C averages.  Do the bulk of their future alumni aspire to be Walmart associates?  Not many future attorneys or physicians in this group.

actually, if you have a B-/C+ average in highschool with a 920 SAT you can get into Framingham thats all I was saying, they have a formula.  If you have a C average you need a 1120 or something like that.

footballfan2005

Endicott over U-MASS D.         31-7  no surprise in this one
Curry over MIT                        56-10   time for all the freshman to play
Mass-Mari over Fram. State    28-21
Maine Mari over Nichols          31-14
Salva over Western New        21-10
**BSC over Fitchburg**         14-10  Game of the Week
Worcester S. over Westfield   35-14  Forced to catch up & no passing game

Friday night game to catch Worcester and Westfield...
Saturday a must see showdown w/ BSC & Fitchbrug

63Center

Westfield 21 @ WSC 18 (Close one but Westfield will want this one after letting last week's game slide by)

MIT 7 @ Curry 48 (No Brainer)

MA Martime 21 @ Framingham 24 (Framinham gets win 2 for the season and Sullivan keeps his job and drive Sullymustgo over the edge).

Nichols 10 @ ME Maritime 35  (ME Maritime is battling for Bogan division respect and with the "W" stays at top while Nichols remains near the bottom of Boyd)

EC 24 @ UMD 10 ( don't look for any OT this year)

Salve 21 @ WNEC 24  (WNEC has had too many close losses and is bound to get one sooner or later)

BSC 10 @ Fitchburg 7  ( I think the BSC defense is just a little too tough for FSC. This should be a great game and will likely decide the Bogan and NEFC championship)

Some really good games this week.

SullyMustGo

Framingham better win this week. they're playing a very poor Mass Maritime team who lost to an even worse MIT squad. And 63Center I route for Framingham every week, I've stated in a couple of my posts that I would give anything for them to succeed. I would never route for them to lose.

Framingham 17 Mass Maritime 7

63Center

SullyMustGo, I never expected you to root against the Rams.  I figure that you bleed black & gold.  I hope your Rams win as well, I think the players deserve to enjoy a win every once in a while and if they can get this one and one or two more that will make a great season for the few remaining Seniors to remember. It will do little to further your cause to get rid of Sullivan, though.

Connor99

Hey br707wn are you by chance Jay Brown. I actually was on your team in 2000, its Havlik. I totally agree with you on the FSC part of it. We really did have a good core group. We had a good qb in Luke, good wide receiver in Abe, and two good defenders in Alex and Steve. Our record could have and should have been better. There were three games we were in we could have won. We just didn't have enough talent. The coaches didn't have enough time to coach us. It comes down to not having a full time coach and the school doesn't want to hire one. I remember after strachan left they let the players decide who to hire so it was the 01 team that got Sullivan hired. They actually had a guy come from Florida to interview. Secondly, who wants to play for a school that thinks you should be in your dorm room studying 24/7. They don't know the importance of having sports and how it can help you. I say they need to shut down the fb program if they don't want to hire a full time coach and have better facilitiies. Lastly, there's no football feel to it, no tailgating, not many people go to the game. It's hard to get up for a game when you play at a field that is terrible. I know its d3 but its still a sport and it should still be looked as being important. I knew the program was a joke when they had the female President do a talk at halftime. The really had to rely solely on talent and thats tough to do with the parts they have.

SullyMustGo

Yea 63center i know what you mean. I want Framingham to win but in a way for the better of the program i want them to lose so they can finally get a new coach who can turn things around.  Havlick you have a decent point about Framingham needing a full time coach which would definitly help, but not many NEFC coaches are full time. Also I played for Sully when I was there and I'll give him one thing, he is definitly dedicated to the team. He puts alot of hours in, almost has much as a full time coach, which tells you even if he was full time they would have the same results. Sully is dedicated but he just doesn't know how to win and make his players better.

SullyMustGo

O and another thing about Coach Strachen wanting the players to help pick the new coach. That would have been great, Sully never would have been hired. But remember good ole captain AJ, he told the AD to hire the coach on his own because he could doit better than the players. I always was pissed at AJ for that. So to answer that part, the payers didn't have a word in the hiring and yadi yadi yada Sully was hired. The saddest day in Fram football history.

br7o7wn

Let me share a story with you boys...does anyone know the story of how Coach Strachan actually got his Head Coaching job at FSC?? Now, remember this was I think 1 or 2 years before I got there...so some of the details I was fed may be off a little...but the story goes like this: The head coach at the time(don't remember his name) was not doing very well and he had some talent and numbers. They were fresh off some strong defensive rankings and had one of the best WR's in New England D3 history (Patten) had just graduated. So expectations were high. Well this coach was definately under-achieving and his approval rating among the players was zero!!! So, the players got together, had a team meeting and decided that they were going to "overthrow" the head coach!!! Strachan was an assistant, had good credentials, and was a player-favorite...so they decided they would give the head coach an ultimatum- quit his job and leave the team, or they would not play!! They decided they would try to get Strachan elevated to HC. I guess Strachan caught wind, and simply said that he couldn't take part out of respect. Well, the meeting happened...I am sure the coach was absolutely mortified, but he left, and the Strach became HC!! Crazy sh*t huh?? But, it worked...maybe history should repeat itself...

MOJO

Johnny Utah,
Thanks for the academic update on Fram.  Not great, but not as bad as I perceived from other posts.

Sullymustgo,
I admire your persistence to get "coach sullivan" axed.  Maybe a more productive approach, is to get the alumni behind you to push the issue to the forefront.  Keep the faith.

SullyMustGo

Brownie, You were a few years before me there and that overthrowing of the old coach sounds like something that should happen now.  There is no one on the current team that likes Sully, they all talk sh** about him every second of the day behind his back, which everyone knows cannot happen on a football team.  I wish all the players would get together like that, but in order to do that they need someone to stand up and be a leader..........On another note Coach Strachen was a great guy and a great coach, can't even compare him to Sully. Funny thing is Sully use to always talk trash about him his first year.

DBackMc03

This is my first post here.  I wanted to wait until I was done with ball before I started posting.   So now I'm done with college and football, I figure what better time to post than on a topic of Coach Sully.  I played under him my soph. & jr year in high school back in '96, and '97.  Worst football experience ever.  Two lost years of football.  Especially in '97.  I would have switched H.S. my senior year if he came back. We went 5-5, and then 1-9. Personally, off the field the field, he was a good guy, but as a coach, I despised him.  And 32 out 33 kids felt the same way except one.  That one is now the O-Cordinater with him.  He didnt respect the players and the players didnt respect him.  He didnt know how to motivate, all he knew how to do was discipline and belittle everyone.  Practice can be a drag anyway, but he made it worse.   He made athletes hate the game of football.  I thought maybe he just wasnt a good h.s. coach based on his technique and philosophies, but then seeing his records that followed him I realize he just isnt a good football coach.  I like the guy off the field, but on it, no way.  I was pumped the past two seasons beat up on FSU (no disrespect to the players) and have a couple of INT's against him.

footballfan2005

Quote from: 63Center on September 29, 2005, 05:42:09 PM
Westfield 21 @ WSC 18 (Close one but Westfield will want this one after letting last week's game slide by)

Yea, You blew that prediction... apparently you haven't been watching the WSC offense in the past few weeks... the difference in tonight's win was: both the OFFENSE & DEFENSE played a complete 4 quarters as they SMOKED westfield state 47-7.

Like I said earlier this week... WSC can put up serious points quick... it took Westfield State completely out of their game...

63Center

Quote from: footballfan2005 on September 30, 2005, 11:49:48 PM
Quote from: 63Center on September 29, 2005, 05:42:09 PM

Yea, You blew that prediction... apparently you haven't been watching the WSC offense in the past few weeks... the difference in tonight's win was: both the OFFENSE & DEFENSE played a complete 4 quarters as they SMOKED westfield state 47-7.

Like I said earlier this week... WSC can put up serious points quick... it took Westfield State completely out of their game...

Footballfan2005, Yep, I really missed that prediction.  Congrats to WSC for a hell of a game.  I guess I thought Westfield was better based on their 3OT with Fitchburg.  I would say that these teams need to bring it every week and forget about the week before.  The way everyone knocks each other off in the Bogan, it could be an interesting challenge for 1st.

footballfan2005

63 Center,

Worcester State should give Bridgewater & Fitchburg a run for thier money... however, from viewing the stats from this year to date I think BSC will be their best matchup b/c they can also put up points. 

Should be an interesting fight for the 2005 Bogan title... any scouting reports on Maine Maritime... they look to have a solid team.